Petition for Ralph Wilson

stevestojan

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just emailed the following media outlets/people about this, thanking them for any help in getting the word out. I don't live up there, so I'll have no idea if anyone brings it up (or even reads their email), but it can't hurt.

Empire Sports Report

WGR550 - Howard Simon

Rochester D&C - Leo Roth

Buffalo News Sports Desk

WGRZ - Ed Kilgore

WIVB - Dennis Williams

120699[/snapback]

so far...

Buffalo News Sports Desk - canned response, maybe it gets read/maybe not.

WGRZ - Ed Kilgore - wrote back to say "Wouldn't it be great to see Ralph get in there SOON...he deserves it for sure.. Ed"

Well, it took over a week to get this finalized, as this website had to edit what I wrote (and they did quit a bit, surprisingly, for length). Anyway, it is live now, and I figured it can't hurt. Maybe we can get this pinned? I dont know.

Anyway, here it is:

http://www.petitionthem.com/default.asp?sect=detail&pet=1392

116220[/snapback]

I'm on the record **bump**

Ummmm, Steve, Ralph is not the only original AFL owner to keep his team in the same city. I know you say the Felons play in Ft. Lauderdale, the Pats in Foxboro, and the Jets in Jersey, but what about Denver? And couldn't they say that we play in Orchard Park, not Buffalo? Just asking before media outlets get this...

Ummmm, Steve, Ralph is not the only original AFL owner to keep his team in the same city.  I know you say the Felons play in Ft. Lauderdale, the Pats in Foxboro, and the Jets in Jersey, but what about Denver?  And couldn't they say that we play in Orchard Park, not Buffalo?  Just asking before media outlets get this...

122247[/snapback]

I think what I meant was that its the same owner.......

Who do you have to !@#$ to get pinned around here?

122250[/snapback]

If it's T-Bone, Im not doing it!

But seriously, I feel like 570+ signatures is good for a few days, but if we don't get this out to others, it will fade away.

I know some people think "this won't do anything", but just imagine if even one of the Buffalo Media got their hands on this... .

I am considering buy a domain name (for example "www.RalphWilsonHOF.com" or something similar) so that media can advertise it better (and by media i mean Howard Simon :lol: ) . . . I would have the domain simply be a forward to that long URL...

#89, I know you're boys with Howard Simon... think he would make a mention on his new show?

Ummmm, Steve, Ralph is not the only original AFL owner to keep his team in the same city.  I know you say the Felons play in Ft. Lauderdale, the Pats in Foxboro, and the Jets in Jersey, but what about Denver?  And couldn't they say that we play in Orchard Park, not Buffalo?  Just asking before media outlets get this...

122247[/snapback]

Ralph is the only ORIGINAL AFL franchise owner who has kept his team in the same city.

Miami was an expansion team, as was Seattle.

The Patriots, Jets, Raiders, and Denver all have new owners since 1960.

Lamar Hunt moved his team from Dallas to Kansas City.

The Oilers moved to Tennessee.

Al Davis was not an original owner.

The Chargers changed owners and started in Los Angeles.

Who is left? Ralph Wilson.

This means something only to Buffalonians.  This alone does not get it done (obviously).

122571[/snapback]

I beg to differ. I've spent a mere three Sundays in Buffalo, hardly the stuff of ardent "Buffalonians", but Ralph Wilson's vision and loyalty are to be revered-- not only by fans of the franchise, but anyone conversant in the manner of professional sports.

Signed and stamped, from Minneapolis.