Im a Saints fan, but...

streetcar

Hey gang, I hope you guys don’t mind a Saints fan being here for a bit. I don’t talk trash and I like to be truthful about my team so I wont be an obnoxiously over the top homer.

This is actually the first time I have joined a non division rival’s forum but I decided it would be the best way to learn about a team I don’t know much about (I knew more about them in the day - loved Thurman Thomas and was a huge Bruce Smith fan). I did watch the game against the Pats and I won’t even mention how it ended but I loved what I saw of Edwards and the no huddle scares me with our D. I’m sure you guys can tell me plenty about our DC and I’m looking forward to hearing it. Yes we are all worried about our D here in NOLA but right now our biggest problem is special teams IMO. It was horrible against the Lions and it got better in Philly but still is plenty weak.

Anyway, I look forward to posting with you for the week and maybe beyond if you have me. Ask me anything about the Saints and Ill answer honestly if I know. Thanks. Street

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey gang, I hope you guys don’t mind a Saints fan being here for a bit. I don’t talk trash and I like to be truthful about my team so I wont be an obnoxiously over the top homer.

This is actually the first time I have joined a non division rival’s forum but I decided it would be the best way to learn about a team I don’t know much about (I knew more about them in the day - loved Thurman Thomas and was a huge Bruce Smith fan). I did watch the game against the Pats and I won’t even mention how it ended but I loved what I saw of Edwards and the no huddle scares me with our D. I’m sure you guys can tell me plenty about our DC and I’m looking forward to hearing it. Yes we are all worried about our D here in NOLA but right now our biggest problem is special teams IMO. It was horrible against the Lions and it got better in Philly but still is plenty weak.

Anyway, I look forward to posting with you for the week and maybe beyond if you have me. Ask me anything about the Saints and Ill answer honestly if I know. Thanks. Street

Welcome, enjoy the forums, we got some good smart football people here! and then we have others....... :thumbsup:

Welcome Street, good post. Alot of us fully expect to get drilled by the Saints this week ... some guys might get angry about it and give you a hard time ... ignore them.

Greg-o as a HC was an arrogant, blathering idiot, and very ineffective. He is much better suited to DC and has quite a proven track record, so I think in time, he may work out pretty good for you. I'm not too up to speed on your defensive personnel, but I expect that your D should improve this year. If they ever talk about him taking over as HC, you're screwed! LOL

All you need to know about the Bills, is that it is almost impossible to throw to the Tight End against them. Sure the Bills will try to draw Drew into thinking the Tight End is open, but it is just a trap. If the Saints do not fall into said trap, they should be fine.

All you need to know about the Bills, is that it is almost impossible to throw to the Tight End against them. Sure the Bills will try to draw Drew into thinking the Tight End is open, but it is just a trap. If the Saints do not fall into said trap, they should be fine.

Ummm.. didn't Kellen Winslow catch a bomb from leftwitch for a touchdown?

Welcome Streetcar!

Just gotta look at your pass offense production vs our pass defense and you'll get a good idea of how this game is gonna roll. NO - 2nd in passing yardage(323/game) BB - 2nd to LAST in pass yardage allowed (332/game).

I DO billieve our offense will give some fits to the Saints D, although i'm not convinced using the no huddle against the Saints is the way to go. The best chance the Bills have is to keep Brees off the field. They can do that with long and sustained drives, which the no huddle doesn't necessarily help with. Both of the first 2 weeks the Bills lost the TOP battle (MUCH closer in week 2 but still not over 30min).

Welcome Streetcar!

Just gotta look at your pass offense production vs our pass defense and you'll get a good idea of how this game is gonna roll. NO - 2nd in passing yardage(323/game) BB - 2nd to LAST in pass yardage allowed (332/game).

I DO billieve our offense will give some fits to the Saints D, although i'm not convinced using the no huddle against the Saints is the way to go. The best chance the Bills have is to keep Brees off the field. They can do that with long and sustained drives, which the no huddle doesn't necessarily help with. Both of the first 2 weeks the Bills lost the TOP battle (MUCH closer in week 2 but still not over 30min).

Those rankings are a little skewed considering Brady threw for like 60 attempts and Leftwitch threw 50 times.

Those rankings are a little skewed considering Brady threw for like 60 attempts and Leftwitch threw 50 times.

True, but I expect no less from the Saints. Especially since our run D has been solid so far this year.

thanks everyone, you guys have been very gracious and much faster than I figured. Timba, I agree that no huddle could be bad but it could go either way because Williams does like to switch out personell. Your right about keeping Brees off the field for sure.

Damj, that is what I figured about Williams and it seems like (for now anyway) he is enjoying just being back as a DC. We actually have some players on D but it hasnt all come together yet. Could be mid year if at all for them to click if at all this year, but I think that agressive play calling on D is the way to go with our quick strike O. They are causing turnovers and those will play a huge roll in this game. I think the dink and dunk stuff is what will work on us.

thanks everyone, you guys have been very gracious and much faster than I figured. Timba, I agree that no huddle could be bad but it could go either way because Williams does like to switch out personell. Your right about keeping Brees off the field for sure.

Damj, that is what I figured about Williams and it seems like (for now anyway) he is enjoying just being back as a DC. We actually have some players on D but it hasnt all come together yet. Could be mid year if at all for them to click if at all this year, but I think that agressive play calling on D is the way to go with our quick strike O. They are causing turnovers and those will play a huge roll in this game. I think the dink and dunk stuff is what will work on us.

Streetcar, what are your impressions of Jabari Greer so far? I loved the way he played when he was here in Buffalo and it was sad to see him go. I haven't really seen any NO games yet, only the Brees highlights.

Streetcar, what are your impressions of Jabari Greer so far? I loved the way he played when he was here in Buffalo and it was sad to see him go. I haven't really seen any NO games yet, only the Brees highlights.

we like him. I havnt been to a game yet this year and it is hard to evaluate a corner on TV since you never see them unless they are screwing up. Having said that, we havnt seen much of him so we are loving him. :thumbsup: I was real happy with the pickup. First game I go to, Ill be focusing on him. Corners have been our biggest problem here especially since we just didnt really draft any during the Haslett years.

we like him. I havnt been to a game yet this year and it is hard to evaluate a corner on TV since you never see them unless they are screwing up. Having said that, we havnt seen much of him so we are loving him. :thumbsup: I was real happy with the pickup. First game I go to, Ill be focusing on him. Corners have been our biggest problem here especially since we just didnt really draft any during the Haslett years.

He gave TO a bunch of trouble a couple years back on MNF. Always rooted for the guy but he can feel free to have an off day this Sunday <_<

Welcome Street, good post. Alot of us fully expect to get drilled by the Saints this week ... some guys might get angry about it and give you a hard time ... ignore them.

Greg-o as a HC was an arrogant, blathering idiot, and very ineffective. He is much better suited to DC and has quite a proven track record, so I think in time, he may work out pretty good for you. I'm not too up to speed on your defensive personnel, but I expect that your D should improve this year. If they ever talk about him taking over as HC, you're screwed! LOL

Speak for yourself, I am getting tired of your negative the Bills are doomed posts. After 2 games in which they beat the worst team in the league & a team that did not have their starting qb all of a sudden the Saints are world beaters? I believe they missed the playoffs too last year. Their defense & special teams could be exploited. Need to score some points & get TDS because FGs are not going to get it done this week. Winnable game though, if we could get a break or two. The Ralph should be rocking again this week which should make it at difficult for Brees. I think we could get it done.

If your D is as bad as Tampa's we might give you a game. Our stats are inflated by a playing a lousy defense at home. We expect Brees to pick our defense apart, but for the most part we should contain your run game. We will run well and throw some short passes on your D to make our passing stats look acceptable. We will throw to TO once he looks like he is about to blow a gasket. You can cover Lee Evans with a shadow he never gets open anymore or drops it when he does or the pass won't make it to him.