Who the heck is Donald Penn?

Simon

He's a very underrated undrafted OT. He's one of the guys that came in in a Wally Pipp esque situation and never got out. Bill's a big fan of his, as well as their guard if memory serves...

Great balance, I don't think I saw him off his base one time today. With his age and huge mileage, Schobel's not going to be the pass rusher he once was, but he's still a very good and very versatile DE and Penn just made him look like a little kid all day.

Great balance, I don't think I saw him off his base one time today. With his age and huge mileage, Schobel's not going to be the pass rusher he once was, but he's still a very good and very versatile DE and Penn just made him look like a little kid all day.

To be honest, if I can put my bitter hat on, he's everything that Peters should have been here, without the ego.

He just devoured Aaron Schobel today.

He's not much in the groundgame as he couldn't really move Schobel off the point of attack, but he was flatout dominant in passpro. Very impressive athlete.

If Schobel shows up next week and has a good game...then I will be impressed by Donald Penn. Where I gave Schobel a B+ last week he got a C this week..and only because he held position on run plays.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Penn

Donald Ward Penn (born April 27, 1983 in Los Angeles, California) is an American football offensive tackle for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the National Football League. He was signed by the Minnesota Vikings as an undrafted free agent in 2006. He played college football at Utah State.

Penn attended Saint Bernard Catholic High School in Playa del Rey, California and was a student and a letterman in football and basketball. In football, as a senior, he was named the Team's Lineman of the Year, was a first team All-League selection, and was a first team All-California Interscholastic Federation selection. As a junior, he was a second team All-League selection. In basketball, he was an All-State selection. Donald Penn graduated from Saint Bernard Catholic High School in 2001.

Don't recall his name when I did the 2006 draft information, but he did play very well today which just goes to show you don't have to draft lineman early, you just have to draft or sign the right ones.

Donald Penn is a very underrated LT (He is a 77 in Madden for what thats worth) from what I am told he is a good player very powerful in the ground game and a solid pass protector who is only getting better. Gruden built a very good and young O-line before he left (I think he was going for a power running game).

Penn is an above average young LT who is still getting better. One of the more underrated guys in the league. He was pressed into service 2 years ago when Petitgout was lost for the year and hasn't relinquished his hold on the job.