End of an Era

Whites Bay

I'll make this a quick one, as the board is just now coming off suicide watch.

Okay, the Bills lost. What else is new? We're all pissed off after a Bills loss. What else is new? My take on it, however, focuses not on the Bills loss, but the Bills' opponent, the Pats*. Even with the great drive at the end of the game, with the extra downs they received, the media ball washing...Brady* looked like crap. I've never seen the guy overthrow, underthrow, or just plain-out miss like he did on Monday Night.

My gut call? You finally saw the crack in the dynasty for which we've been waiting. Nothing happens by revolution, only by evolution. They're not going to implode and go 5-11 this season. But the Pats" showed themselves to be closer to "Ordinary", and much farther away from "Unbeatable" than they've done in years. I'll dig this thread out at the end of the season, and we'll see how much crow I'm going to eat. But I think teams around the league are going to look at this game as a blueprint. The myth has been shattered.

It may be the end of an era because of all the veteran leadership gone on D, leaving behind a lot of crappy players like Tully Banta Cain in more prominent roles. But Brady is still by FAR the best QB in the league. The Bills didn't lose so much as he won.

It may be the end of an era because of all the veteran leadership gone on D, leaving behind a lot of crappy players like Tully Banta Cain in more prominent roles. But Brady is still by FAR the best QB in the league. The Bills didn't lose so much as he won.

:wallbash:

When the Bills got decent pressure on Brady, he folded like a cheap suit. When they didn't, like the last 2 drives, he tore through them. The guy has had great blocking, defense, and ST's for most of his career. Now the chinks in the armor are starting to show in all three areas.

The Bills LOST this game. As they often-times do.

:wallbash:

When the Bills got decent pressure on Brady, he folded like a cheap suit. When they didn't, like the last 2 drives, he tore through them. The guy has had great blocking, defense, and ST's for most of his career. Now the chinks in the armor are starting to show in all three areas.

The Bills LOST this game. As they often-times do.

Disagree. It was his first game really since the Pats-Giants SB. He may have been a little shaky/rusty the 1st half, but he came thru big-time when it counted. Frustrating loss for sure (especially on MNF), but IMO there's no real shame in going down like that. Many positives came out of that game that can be built upon (IF Jauron knows what he's doing ;) )

Another thing I forgot to mention is coaching and how the Patriots have good coaching and the Bills don't, which I think is obvious. Monday night was exhibit Z (to go along with exhibits A-Y from the past 3 years) as to why this coaching staff will NEVER win a SB, and even winning a playoff game, should they get the team there, is highly questionable. McKelvin should have been told "return the kick no matter what, take 6 seconds off from the clock, and get down."

Another thing I forgot to mention is coaching and how the Patriots have good coaching and the Bills don't, which I think is obvious. Monday night was exhibit Z (to go along with exhibits A-Y from the past 3 years) as to why this coaching staff will NEVER win a SB, and even winning a playoff game, should they get the team there, is highly questionable. McKelvin should have been told "return the kick no matter what, take 6 seconds off from the clock, and get down."

even 5 yards deep in the end zone? He should have been told, " whatever you do, DON'T FUMBLE!!"

Okay, the Bills lost. What else is new? We're all pissed off after a Bills loss. What else is new? My take on it, however, focuses not on the Bills loss, but the Bills' opponent, the Pats*. Even with the great drive at the end of the game, with the extra downs they received, the media ball washing...Brady* looked like crap. I've never seen the guy overthrow, underthrow, or just plain-out miss like he did on Monday Night.

My gut call? You finally saw the crack in the dynasty for which we've been waiting. Nothing happens by revolution, only by evolution. They're not going to implode and go 5-11 this season. But the Pats" showed themselves to be closer to "Ordinary", and much farther away from "Unbeatable" than they've done in years. I'll dig this thread out at the end of the season, and we'll see how much crow I'm going to eat. But I think teams around the league are going to look at this game as a blueprint. The myth has been shattered.

I think you are getting way ahead of yourself. Give it until at least mid-season for both teams. I hope you are correct but Brady* is coming off a serious injury and 53 weeks of not playing in real games. He* was due to be rusty.

even 5 yards deep in the end zone? He should have been told, " whatever you do, DON'T FUMBLE!!"

Yep, even 5 yards deep in the endzone. The object was to get rid of the 2 minute warning as a TO (outside of the change of possession), and then get a first down. But true, a "protect the ball at all costs" should have been issued. Although you think he'd know something like that. :wallbash:

Yep, even 5 yards deep in the endzone. The object was to get rid of the 2 minute warning as a TO (outside of the change of possession), and then get a first down. But true, a "protect the ball at all costs" should have been issued. Although you think he'd know something like that. :wallbash:

One would hope.

End of an Era, Pats* dynasty cracked on MNF

You might be speaking a little too quick there. Were you saying the same thing when the Bills pounded them 31-0 on opening day a few years ago? They went on and won the Superbowl. They lost to the lowly Jets a few years ago, and wet on and won the Superbowl. They got in the win column and that is what football is all about. I would love to get outplayed every game if we walked away with wins.

The coaching staff did its job Mckelvin has a learning disability or something. He lost this game.

The coaching staff did its job Mckelvin has a learning disability or something. He lost this game.

The coaching staff is deficient. They've proven it over the past few years. It was a large part of losing, but there were other things that led to the loss as well, like every time Trent audibled, it went from a pass to a run.

If that performance was Brady when rusty then hang on tight for when he gets back in gear and starts cranking it up. :wallbash:

A rusty Brady was Offensive Player of the Week and everyone hear who cricitizes his performance would kill to have him setting up behind center for the Bills next week.

I think the thought is delusional. We lost the game we were outscored, Out yardaged, and out time of possession. The fact is this Brady missed a full season but in Brady fashion he did his patented two score comeback to win in less then 5 minutes to play in the game.