Bell should holdout for more money

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bell is in the perfect position to leverage a nice big contract. After seeing the way the Patriots treated Seymour, it should be clear to him that you have to get everything you can, when you can.

He is probably the lowest paid starting LT in the league.

Yes, I'm serious, this guy deserves a raise.

SMACK!!!!! :):doh::wallbash:

If you were hired as a cart chaser at the local TOPS for minimum wage, worked a couple months, and then they told you it was time to become Store Manager, wouldn't you expect a raise?

In fact that is the way the Bills are running this team. AVP was a cashier, now he is District Manager!

Ummm....I believe he's still being paid for the same job he was originally hired to do. He has yet to punch the time clock for a day's work. Really bad analogy on your part.

Bell is in the perfect position to leverage a nice big contract. After seeing the way the Patriots treated Seymour, it should be clear to him that you have to get everything you can, when you can.

He is probably the lowest paid starting LT in the league.

Yes, I'm serious, this guy deserves a raise.

i think he should ask for a number change to a letter and be the first ever to have a letter.

If you were hired as a cart chaser at the local TOPS for minimum wage, worked a couple months, and then they told you it was time to become Store Manager, wouldn't you expect a raise?

In fact that is the way the Bills are running this team. AVP was a cashier, now he is District Manager!

How about letting him manage the Tops for a while?

PTR

Ummm....I believe he's still being paid for the same job he was originally hired to do. He has yet to punch the time clock for a day's work. Really bad analogy on your part.

No, good analogy. They give you a pay raise BEFORE you start the new job. This is a new job for him. I understand the way the NFL works, youare drafted and paid on POTENTIAL. That is why draft picks get paid BEFORE they "punch the clock".

I am not saying it is "right", but the NFL is a cold business (as R. Seymour found out), and Bell is definitely in a strong position (maybe stronger than Peters).

I say twist Wilson's nuts! RW has been twisting Erie County's/ Bill's fan's, for years.

I don't believe that this is Bell's kind of make-up. The guy is a love child of Karl Malone and he never whined one bit about not being accepted by his father. Instead he chose to make his own way and stand on his own two feet and he should be commended for it, with or without success on the football field. This is another example of the kind of player/person that our "fake" GM is quietly assembling.

I don't believe that this is Bell's kind of make-up. The guy is a love child of Karl Malone and he never whined one bit about not being accepted by his father. Instead he chose to make his own way and stand on his own two feet and he should be commended for it, with or without success on the football field. This is another example of the kind of player/person that our "fake" GM is quietly assembling.

As opposed to the young two time Pro Bowlers which have no place on this team.

How do you reconcile the TO signing with your "good guy" theory?

I can't tell what you mean by this. Are you commending the GM for quietly assembling some kind of "ethical" team that will someday do great things? Please.

I doubt that Bell would holdout, but I would not blame him. He should be given a raise if they are asking him to play what may be the most difficult position (aside from QB) in football.

My real point is that the Front Office is running this team like a Bells Supermarket (remember those?). Badly, and if a guy is being given major responsibilities, he should be paid at least market value , and not treated like he is still chasing carts on the practice squad. Only a bad organization operates like that. One like the Bills....

I can't tell what you mean by this. Are you commending the GM for quietly assembling some kind of "ethical" team that will someday do great things? Please.

My reference was never meant to be taken as ethical. I'm talking about resolve, dedication and hard work. That's what it took for Bell to get where he is at. As far as I can tell he never cried foul or looked for a handout. He went and got his idenity and success. Kudos to him.

Bell is being giving a chance to start at OT - there is no guarantee he will be successful nor keep position. Lots of players have been given chances due to injuries / cuts / holdout (i.e. Kirk Chambers last year) and did not get automatic raises. Before bell can be the next Jason Peters holding out and being out of shape he will need to show he can actual play against the other teams full time for entire games. Talking about holding out is either silly or stupid depending upon whether you are kidding or being serious respectively.