Bell should holdout for more money

He has no leverage

Really? The draft is over. The Bills just cut their original plan for LT. Nobody is going to trade them a good LT without raking them over the coals, and they'd deserve it. Who else is there? Do you think they'd cut Bell and sign the gimp Levi Jones who was demanding top 10 LT money? Really? When they could just bump up Bell's rookie minimum contract with some of the millions they just "saved" by cutting Dockery and Walker and not paying Peters? How many other teams are starting rookie 7th rounders at LT? None that I know of, so he is by far and away the cheapest LT in the NFL. The team is over a barrel and their options are extremely limited, should Bell decide to hold out.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I clicked on this topic becasue I thought it was a joke, pretty funny. It turns out that some idiots actually believe this crap, not funny at all. Both sides can be argued back and forth all day and both have some valid points. However based on all the facts in this situation let the man play a year or two before thinking of holding out, be it right or wrong.

Bell is in the perfect position to leverage a nice big contract.

Depends. If as most here hope, the Bills DO have a plan for this season that involves winning some games, then yes he has leverage now. If, as some here think, this season is considered a write off or rebuilding or anything other than trying to make the playoffs then he does not. If the latter is true they won't hesitate to dump him. What would they be afraid of, looking stupid to the rest of the league and it's fans? That ship has sailed.

Depends. If as most here hope, the Bills DO have a plan for this season that involves winning some games, then yes he has leverage now. If, as some here think, this season is considered a write off or rebuilding or anything other than trying to make the playoffs then he does not. If the latter is true they won't hesitate to dump him. What would they be afraid of, looking stupid to the rest of the league and it's fans? That ship has sailed.

Now this is the right argument. :pirate:

He only has leverage if the Bills actually want to win and place any value whatsoever on OL play. One could argue that they place some value on line play as they used 2 high picks on OG and targeted Hangartner in FA. As to their seriousness about winning, we have Brandon's comment, "7-9 isn't good enough," and ...

I clicked on this topic becasue I thought it was a joke, pretty funny. It turns out that some idiots actually believe this crap, not funny at all. Both sides can be argued back and forth all day and both have some valid points. However based on all the facts in this situation let the man play a year or two before thinking of holding out, be it right or wrong.

I clicked on it too because I thought it was a joke. What the OP is advocating is ridiculous. If Bell believes that he is going to be a top notch LT then he should show it on the field and make the Bills want to extend his contract with the big bucks. Holding out now would ruin his relationship with his teamates, the organization, and probably the rest of the league. Stupid thread.

If you were hired as a cart chaser at the local TOPS for minimum wage,

My real point is that the Front Office is running this team like a Bells Supermarket (remember those?). Badly, and if a guy is being given major responsibilities, he should be paid at least market value , and not treated like he is still chasing carts on the practice squad.

My first job was pushing carts at Bells :unsure: