Ashlee Palmer -- diamond in the rough?

UB2SF

It was interesting watching the first airing of the Detroit game on NFL Network, given that it was after cut-down day and therefore was potentially a window into the coaches' roster decisions. Since the decision to keep Ashlee Palmer over Bowen was a bit of a surprise, I decided to key in on him during the game. I came away pretty impressed. Like Nic Harris, the guy is aggressive, fast, instinctive, and rangey. The play that really stood out for me was Detroit's running play on 2nd & goal. Palmer read the play at the snap, quickly shed the block from the fullback, took the perfect angle to head the RB off at the pylon, outraced the RB to the pylon, and delivered a bone-crushing hit which separated the ball from the ball-carrier. One of the best plays of the night from our D.

Our LB corps has had so little depth for the past couple years -- it's encouraging to see flashes from Palmer and Harris.

I would agree wholeheartedly.

Nic Harris has impressed me with his range, speed, intensity, and ability since the 1st preseason game.

Palmer impressed me as being very similar to Harris.

Its about time some hungry depth was on this team.

It was interesting watching the first airing of the Detroit game on NFL Network, given that it was after cut-down day and therefore was potentially a window into the coaches' roster decisions. Since the decision to keep Ashlee Palmer over Bowen was a bit of a surprise, I decided to key in on him during the game. I came away pretty impressed. Like Nic Harris, the guy is aggressive, fast, instinctive, and rangey. The play that really stood out for me was Detroit's running play on 2nd & goal. Palmer read the play at the snap, quickly shed the block from the fullback, took the perfect angle to head the RB off at the pylon, outraced the RB to the pylon, and delivered a bone-crushing hit which separated the ball from the ball-carrier. One of the best plays of the night from our D.

Our LB corps has had so little depth for the past couple years -- it's encouraging to see flashes from Palmer and Harris.

Yeah, its' great to see Palmer make the team despite playing great in the preseason. Too bad we can't say the same for Copeland Bryan and Jon Stupar, huh? At least Stupar made the practice squad.

NICK HARRIS WAS EXTREMELY GOOD IN COLLEGE ,,, LABELED A TWEENER ,TO BIG FOR A NFL SAFETY ,TOO SMALL AS A LINEBACKER ... IMO THOUGH HE IS GOING TO BE A STARTER BY END OF THIS SEASON , HIS COVERAGE SKILLS ARE WAY ABOVE AVERAGE WITH A LITTLE MORE SIZE AND EXSPERIENCE AT THIS LEVEL AND THE SKY IS THE LIMIT FOR HIM ..

NICK HARRIS WAS EXTREMELY GOOD IN COLLEGE ,,, LABELED A TWEENER ,TO BIG FOR A NFL SAFETY ,TOO SMALL AS A LINEBACKER ... IMO THOUGH HE IS GOING TO BE A STARTER BY END OF THIS SEASON , HIS COVERAGE SKILLS ARE WAY ABOVE AVERAGE WITH A LITTLE MORE SIZE AND EXSPERIENCE AT THIS LEVEL AND THE SKY IS THE LIMIT FOR HIM ..

this point could not have been made without caps...thanks i understand what you think now

I wasn't too surprised to see Palmer make the team---Paul Hamilton had been saying all training camp that the Bills really liked him and he had been making a lot of plays...he also was surprised Bowen wasn't better, saying he would have likely taken Ellison's starting job last year if he hadn't gotten hurt...thought he might still be having some struggles with his knee...

I would love to see Nic Harris take Ellison's job...he seems to have good instincts and a nose for the ball...he also is bigger than Ellison and would likely not be erased as easily...

I wasn't too surprised to see Palmer make the team---Paul Hamilton had been saying all training camp that the Bills really liked him and he had been making a lot of plays...he also was surprised Bowen wasn't better, saying he would have likely taken Ellison's starting job last year if he hadn't gotten hurt...thought he might still be having some struggles with his knee...

I would love to see Nic Harris take Ellison's job...he seems to have good instincts and a nose for the ball...he also is bigger than Ellison and would likely not be erased as easily...

Im all for Harris starting