Quarterback of the future

Maddog69

Yeah ive been doing the same thing as well...and I completely agree with you. I want Sam Bradford but I was impressed with the way Tony Pike played today out of Cincy. Very impressive. Greg Paulus is someone I wanna see more out of before I judge.

:unsure:

Good timing!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the most impressive QB I've seen this weekend was Cincinnati's Tony Pike earlier today. Excellent awareness, good arm strength, good decisions (minus one really bad interception throw). I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this kid.

He did look very good, his story is pretty interesting too...essentially was forgotten about on Cincy's team.

http://blogs.mycentraljersey.com/rutgers/2...f-big-time-qbs/

Why on God's green Earth are we talking about quarterbacks? Fix the freaking lines before you guys start worrying who's lining up behind center.

U are right about fixing the lines first which they likely failed to do at Left Tackle...which is only the most important position on the team possibly! I thought the Bills would address that with one of the two first round picks they had! I figured they should've grabbed DE Orakpo and a OT...wasn't there a guy Eben Britton available? (Sry my college recognition of names isn't as strong)...hopefully that's right...I know there were other decent OT available as well....I like Levitre and Wood okay...but I don't know if the need was as great as Left OT and DE. Maybin may be good as well, but I also liked DE Everette Brown alot as well! We sure should have gotten the QB's blindside taken care of in the draft or free agency and I don't think that was achieved. I believe that will haunt us all year long and it could even help the staff & coach lose their jobs. Like u said why r we talking about QB's...if he has time Edwards may even b good,but we will never know that until he goes to another team next year.

U are right about fixing the lines first which they likely failed to do at Left Tackle...which is only the most important position on the team possibly! I thought the Bills would address that with one of the two first round picks they had! I figured they should've grabbed DE Orakpo and a OT...wasn't there a guy Eben Britton available? (Sry my college recognition of names isn't as strong)...hopefully that's right...I know there were other decent OT available as well....I like Levitre and Wood okay...but I don't know if the need was as great as Left OT and DE. Maybin may be good as well, but I also liked DE Everette Brown alot as well! We sure should have gotten the QB's blindside taken care of in the draft or free agency and I don't think that was achieved. I believe that will haunt us all year long and it could even help the staff & coach lose their jobs. Like u said why r we talking about QB's...if he has time Edwards may even b good,but we will never know that until he goes to another team next year.

As far as LT, I think the coaches were high on Bell, so why bring in another LT when you could use the pick somewhere else on the line. It doesn't help us this year, necessarily, but neither would drafting one of the first or second round LTs. They would likely start the year at RT, anyway, and we would still have Walker at LT. Granted, if Bell doesn't turn out to be the player they think he is they will still need to shore up the position, but the draft is just as much of a crap shoot.

Except, if you look at the video, you can see that Tebow's receiver has to reach back and slow down to catch the ball. In fact, the defender is almost able to make the play on the ball because of the spot it was thrown in. It's a fact that many scouts have real concern with his below average accuracy and very slow release.

Here's some of his ESPN draft central scouting report:

4 is below average ,3 being average, 2 being above average, and 1 being exceptional.

He has two below average grades in 5 of the QB grading criterias, and has no score above a 2.

You must be blind, that was a great throw. I doubt you would find another person on this board that agrees with you about the throw that has seen the video. The scouting report is from LAST YEAR. I will bet the scouting report THIS year will be MUCH BETTER.

You must be blind, that was a great throw. I doubt you would find another person on this board that agrees with you about the throw that has seen the video. The scouting report is from LAST YEAR. I will bet the scouting report THIS year will be MUCH BETTER.

It's a throw that would have been batted down in the NFL. The defender trailing him clearly had a play on the ball. While the defender on the other side of him was moving laterally, and couldn't have made a play on a ball that was thrown in-stride. Again, it's a good college throw, but not an NFL throw.

I've seen a lot of write-ups that have said because of his size, he will probably looked at to be a backup in the NFL. Doesn't change how well he runs that TX offense, and I think he's got the inside track at the Heisman this year.

I definitely agree with you. He really grew into his own last season, as he really figured out how to read college defenses well. Before that he struggled and turned the ball over a lot.

I love him as our quarterback this year, I'm just skeptical about his jump to the NFL.

It's a throw that would have been batted down in the NFL. The defender trailing him clearly had a play on the ball. While the defender on the other side of him was moving laterally, and couldn't have made a play on a ball that was thrown in-stride. Again, it's a good college throw, but not an NFL throw.

The defender in the NFL may have made a play on the ball & may not have. He could have been out of position or fell down it happens in the NFL all the time. NOBODY is perfect. Even if you were right about that throw (which you're not) Tebow threw a BOMB that would have gone for a TD if the receiver didn't drop it. An NFL receiver would have caught it.(hopefully) The announcer called it a PERFECT PASS.

Funny thing is, Snead is probably the "most likely to succeed" out of all of them.

I love how people make grandiose decisions based on one game or game highlights.

Well apparently people like to do that after 5 meaningless games.

All the Qbs in this draft are very suspect.

As they are every year. The funny thing is some that have been called can't miss in the past were the biggest misses.

True. I don't really like Cowherd but he made a good point. The majority of the best QBs come from schools where they had to carry their teams. The guys from the elite talent schools (Texas, USC (Palmer played before they were a power), Florida, OSU) struggled in the pros. I like McCoy the best (and Tebow as a football player & leader) but he does play with insane talent.

The best guy will end up being some guy no is even talking about right. But hopefully, Edwards steps up and makes this point moot.

True. I don't really like Cowherd but he made a good point. The majority of the best QBs come from schools where they had to carry their teams. The guys from the elite talent schools (Texas, USC (Palmer played before they were a power), Florida, OSU) struggled in the pros. I like McCoy the best (and Tebow as a football player & leader) but he does play with insane talent.

The best guy will end up being some guy no is even talking about right. But hopefully, Edwards steps up and makes this point moot.

:unsure: I hate Cowherd on the radio but I love his TV show (especially his cohost).

Just to be clear, I'm not in the camp that thinks Tebow is going to blow up the NFL. He's going to have a rough time of it, even under great circumstances (getting drafted by the Pats would be one of those). But the fact that people come out and flat out lie about things to make their point drives me nuts.

I agree 100%.

However, I think Tebow will be very successful with the right coaching staff in place for him. No, he will not be a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. But, I can see him being a GREAT game manager who makes few mistakes. He is a naturally born leader and one hell of a competitor, TWO things that the Buffalo Bills lack.

I just cannot believe the idiot who is arguing with you (and I...and EVERYONE HERE), about that throw...that was RIGHT on the money. The kid has a skill set that not many QB's have. HE WILL NOT LET HIMSELF FAIL!

I agree 100%.

However, I think Tebow will be very successful with the right coaching staff in place for him. No, he will not be a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. But, I can see him being a GREAT game manager who makes few mistakes. He is a naturally born leader and one hell of a competitor, TWO things that the Buffalo Bills lack.

I just cannot believe the idiot who is arguing with you (and I...and EVERYONE HERE), about that throw...that was RIGHT on the money. The kid has a skill set that not many QB's have. HE WILL NOT LET HIMSELF FAIL!

HE WILL NOT LET HIMSELF FAIL! :unsure: Great point. Tebow's work ethic will have him working this year to improve himself so he is taken seriously as an NFL QB. When drafted he will be studying the playbook & practicing FOOTBALL not playing golf. He will not be a Brady or a Manning....................he will be Tebow...................a player others will strive to be like in the future.

HE WILL NOT LET HIMSELF FAIL! :unsure: Great point. Tebow's work ethic will have him working this year to improve himself so he is taken seriously as an NFL QB. When drafted he will be studying the playbook & practicing FOOTBALL not playing golf. He will not be a Brady or a Manning....................he will be Tebow...................a player others will strive to be like in the future.

I can't say how much I love Tebow (borderline mancrush). Great person and great football player. But the only teams that are good enough to take him in the 1st round as a QB are the Pats, Steelers, and Colts. It is way to risky IMO.

Now, if he was in the 2nd round, I would absolutely love it. But there is just too many other QBs that played similarly to Tebow that failed. Way to risk for a franchise that needs to hit on it's picks higher than most.

I can't say how much I love Tebow (borderline mancrush). Great person and great football player. But the only teams that are good enough to take him in the 1st round as a QB are the Pats, Steelers, and Colts. It is way to risky IMO.

Now, if he was in the 2nd round, I would absolutely love it. But there is just too many other QBs that played similarly to Tebow that failed. Way to risk for a franchise that needs to hit on it's picks higher than most.

I would bet Tebow will be a Pat* :ph34r::beer::unsure:

My preference is to place greater emphasis on a player's potential to achieve greatness, than on whether he fills the biggest possible immediate need. Drafting for need is a strategy that got us Whitner and McCargo. Had we been less focused on the most "urgent" or "severest" of our needs, we could have drafted Cutler and Mangold with those two picks instead.

If you have a mediocre/serviceable player at position A, and nobody at position B, you don't have to feel forced into drafting for position B. If you have a chance to get a significantly better football player by going for position A, then do that! You can always get a mediocre/serviceable player to fill position B in free agency. And even if you have to wait a year to fill position B with someone who's even halfway decent, it's still a good idea in the long run to draft for whichever position gives you the chance to take the better football player.

Afterv watching Fla. State play Miami Harris and Ponder will be good pros. I woild love Ponder as a Bill. He's only a Junior but maybe he'll come early. Working on his Masters as a Junior. Smart, Mobile , good arm. Harris is only a Sophmore. He is only 190lbs on a tall frame. If he can stay health he;ll be great too.

I decided to start watching to top Qb prospects for next years draft.

I am watching the Ole Miss/Memphis game and have this conclusion - Jevan Snead sucks. He cannot throw on the run. He has no touch and has thrown 2 picks in the first half because he gets pressured and just throws the ball up for grabs.

NO THANKS.

I hope Bradford did not seriously injure his shoulder. So far, he's the guy I want the Bills to draft. I know that some people on this board are enamored with Tebow, but I am not sold. He seems like a lesser version of Mike Vick (hopefully without the dog murdering and VD spreading).

Just a tip for anyone else who wants to actually watch the games instead of listening to each talking head repeat the other... don't base your opinion of a guy solely on the 1st game of the season. I often times don't even watch them. They tend to be sloppy and full of mistakes. You have to watch the players multiple times, and give these guys some time to get into the groove again from the long offseason. Remember, they don't have preseason games. The first game of the year is not indicative of their true form... usually.

If the Bills are god-awful this year and end up in the Top 5, they should do everything in their power to draft Colt McCoy.

That includes trading up to get him.

The guy is a natural born leader, tremendous human being and one hell of a football player.

At least he love Bass Fishing....

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/fishing...tory?id=4435439

However, the Bills should save their shekels and trade bait for next year and get ....

TIM TEBOW