Anyone watching MNF?

Beerball

Really cheap shot to the knees of Eugene Wilson who's out of the game getting looked at.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Favre get plastered (if he comes back on the field again).

I saw that. Yeah, it was reckless and awkward, but I couldn't help thinking to myself that it looked like something Jim Kelly would do. The Bills could use some of that particular style of recklessness that errs on the side of fun kickass football.

On another note, did anyone see what a beast Demeco Ryans is? The Texans don't get much spotlight, but this guy is absolutely one of the best linebackers in the NFL. He was all over the field making tackles (not just the chase a guy down from behind type) for the whole first half.

Really cheap shot by Favre. Wilson had no idea he would be coming at the back of his knees like that, it could've easily resulted in a season and/or career ending injury. You could even hear it in Jaws and Tirico's voices on the telecast as far as how cheap they thought the move was and how surprised they were at what Favre just did. Just another reason to add to the list of why I can't stand that fraud.

Not a cheap shot at all. Favre was not playing QB on the play. He was split out wide. He was a blocker. This is why you constantly hear people saying "keep your head on a swivel."

Also, I'm not sure why more players don't anihilate the QB every time he's split out at WR in the wildcat formation. Every time they snap the ball, the DB should be hitting him. That'll stop the wildcat real quick.

Not a cheap shot at all. Favre was not playing QB on the play. He was split out wide. He was a blocker. This is why you constantly hear people saying "keep your head on a swivel."

Also, I'm not sure why more players don't anihilate the QB every time he's split out at WR in the wildcat formation. Every time they snap the ball, the DB should be hitting him. That'll stop the wildcat real quick.

I couldn't agree more. A QB that's split wide in the wildcat should be broken in two by a Safety or a red-dogging Linebacker. They should get hit so hard in the chest that their chinstrap cuts their throat as their helmet pops off their head.

Yes it was a cheap shot. If a wide receiver was split out wide in a normal formation, it would have still been a cheap shot because it was an illegal crack back block. Clearly. And it was immediately called as such. He attacked Eugene Wilson from behind and instead of attempting to block him up high, which obviously would have much better if Wilson wasn't looking though still a block in the back, he took a dive for the back of his knees and cracked him down. The referee saw it and threw the flag without hesitation and the 15 yard personal foul for a crack back block was called. Tell me how that wasn't a cheap shot?

I couldn't agree more. A QB that's split wide in the wildcat should be broken in two by a Safety or a red-dogging Linebacker. They should get hit so hard in the chest that their chinstrap cuts their throat as their helmet pops off their head.

this favre block is more a case of do as i say and not as i do. if qb's cant be hit in the knees ala the brady rule, they should not ever go low on other players

Yes it was a cheap shot. If a wide receiver was split out wide in a normal formation, it would have still been a cheap shot because it was an illegal crack back block. Clearly. And it was immediately called as such. He attacked Eugene Wilson from behind and instead of attempting to block him up high, which obviously would have much better if Wilson wasn't looking though still a block in the back, he took a dive for the back of his knees and cracked him down. The referee saw it and threw the flag without hesitation and the 15 yard personal foul for a crack back block was called. Tell me how that wasn't a cheap shot?

First of all, let's get the facts straight. Favre was not behind him or blocking him in the back.

Second, it was an illegal block, but I don't consider it a "cheap shot." A cheap shot is when a player is deliberately trying to hurt another player, or, when a player who's perfectly capable physically and athletically of performing the legal play chooses not to, and instead perfomes the illegal play. People cut block all the time. Favre is a 40 year old brittle man, what the hell is he supposed to do, stand there? When was the last time in his 30 year career that Favre was split out wide and had to block? Never. He's inexperienced. He doesn't know what the hell he's doing when throwing a block. It was a split second decision, not something premeditated. He shouldn't have performed the illegal block, no doubt, but it certainly wasn't a "cheap shot."

Edit: And you're damn right if it was a WR I'd call it a cheap shot. A physically capable player such as a WR, who also is taught how to block, should not crack back at the knees. Favre is a 40 year old QB who doesn't know any better.

Go back & look at it again. He hit him in the front, not the back & he did not hit him that low. He hit him above the knee.

Edit: And you're damn right if it was a WR I'd call it a cheap shot. A physically capable player such as a WR, who also is taught how to block, should not crack back at the knees. Favre is a 40 year old QB who doesn't know any better.

yep, a 15+yr veteran player who doesnt know better. right........

Oh I forgot, Favre has been practicing the wildcat offense since his days in Atlanta, where they also showed him how to throw a block without collapsing a lung.

favre has always been a blocking qb......go back and watch some tape of him. i remember him throwing more than a few big blocks in his day. there's no excuse for what he did.

favre has always been a blocking qb......go back and watch some tape of him. i remember him throwing more than a few big blocks in his day. there's no excuse for what he did.

I'm not saying there is. I'm not excusing anything. He shouldn't have done what he did. It was illegal. He should be fined, and I wouldn't even care if he was suspended. All I'm saying is that it wasn't a cheap shot, and Favre did not try and deliberately hurt the guy. Favre doesn't give a schit about Adrian Wilson. He doesn't even know who he is.

I'm not saying there is. I'm not excusing anything. He shouldn't have done what he did. It was illegal. He should be fined, and I wouldn't even care if he was suspended. All I'm saying is that it wasn't a cheap shot, and Favre did not try and deliberately hurt the guy. Favre doesn't give a schit about Adrian Wilson. He doesn't even know who he is.

i for the most part agree with you, but if a hit is illegal, and someone performs said hit, it is a cheap shot, whether intentional or not.