If & When Demetrius Bell Takes Over at Left Tackle

Kenwick

The question then would be what do you do with Walker?

I would move him to Right Tackle........ He is pretty good there ...

I would then move Brad Butler to Right Guard...making the right side of the line much stronger

I would move Wood to Left Guard .....

Keeping Handgartner where he is at Center.....

Again this is a complete change on the Offensive Line but would be a upgrade....

Once Bell takes over at Left Tackle he could be a fixture there for years...

I would not dismiss this idea.......

But this would still keep the O-line pretty young and shaky till they learn to play together........The talent is there.

They just have to put it all together.......The right side of the line would be much more dependable.

It will be the learning curve of Wood and Bell that will be important.......Both of those players have raw talent...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question then would be what do you do with Walker?

I would move him to Right Tackle........ He is pretty good there ...

I would then move Brad Butler to Right Guard...making the right side of the line much stronger

I would move Wood to Left Guard .....

Keeping Handgartner where he is at Center.....

Again this is a complete change on the Offensive Line but would be a upgrade....

Once Bell takes over at Left Tackle he could be a fixture there for years...

I would not dismiss this idea.......

But this would still keep the O-line pretty young and shaky till they learn to play together........The talent is there.

They just have to put it all together.......The right side of the line would be much more dependable.

It will be the learning curve of Wood and Bell that will be important.......Both of those players have raw talent...

So, change every position except center midseason? Something tells me that won't work out very well...

If Bell looks like the best LT, I would just play him at LT and move Walker to the bench. If Butler is injured or not playing well, I can see moving Walker to RT and Butler to the bench but I would not mess with the interior line positions.

They should have left the right side of the line alone. 95% of the fans are saying this, yet the expert coaching staff tries to F with the whole line. Now two weeks before the season they want to make changes. No wonder the players have no confidence. Walker is not a left tackle. He does'nt want to play left tackle. He's a top 10 right tackle, but these dumb ass coaches are so stupid.

Why can't Butler go to the bench? In his time manning the guard position, we didn't exactly dominate those short yardage situations. They only thing Butler has shown me is that he can play too upright and grow a red beard.... although even the beard is a bit scraggly.

Why can't Butler go to the bench? In his time manning the guard position, we didn't exactly dominate those short yardage situations. They only thing Butler has shown me is that he can play too upright and grow a red beard.... although even the beard is a bit scraggly.

Because he is better than Levitre

You play your best players. That means Bell, Walker at RT, Wood, Hangartner, and Butler. Bell would be LT, Walker RT, and Hangartner at center. As for Wood and Butler, since Wood is a rookie, I'd keep him at RG instead of having him have to learn on the other side. Butler is a seasoned vet and knows the plays, so the transition wouldn't be as great. Levitre can sit and watch.

You play your best players. That means Bell, Walker at RT, Wood, Hangartner, and Butler. Bell would be LT, Walker RT, and Hangartner at center. As for Wood and Butler, since Wood is a rookie, I'd keep him at RG instead of having him have to learn on the other side. Butler is a seasoned vet and knows the plays, so the transition wouldn't be as great. Levitre can sit and watch.

I agree. IF they award Bell with the starting LT, giving him an experienced guard next to him will hide weakness and save plays. Ditto Wood with Walker at RT.

Again, IF Bell is deemed ready, I really like this set up.

My guess is that if Bell starts as LT then walker or Butler goes to the bench. The one who does not plays RT.

I can't see the Bills having Bell starting next to Levitre. That's too much inexperience. I also can't see Walker being benched in favor of Butler at RT. I think that Levitre will be a fine guard in time, but he's not there yet.

What makes you say that? I have no idea who is better and will have to trust what the coaches think, but I do predict that in time Levitre will be a better guard in this league than Butler.

I suppose time will tell.

Honestly, I'm worried about Levitre. I'm not sure he has the brute strength to move those big tackles off the line of scrimmage. I've been watching him closely, and he's done well against the 3-4 teams because there is no one over his face, and he mostly goes out to get one of the inside backers on running plays. He excels at that. But with the 4-3, in the run game, he seems to get no push at all, which worries me.

I think if they were to make this switch, Butler would and Wood might be the better tandem for now.

What makes you say that? I have no idea who is better and will have to trust what the coaches think, but I do predict that in time Levitre will be a better guard in this league than Butler.

I suppose time will tell.

It is difficult to quantify with exactness, but in my view, I think it is somewhat safe to say that Butler is more "game ready" than Levitre at this point.

Honestly, I'm worried about Levitre. I'm not sure he has the brute strength to move those big tackles off the line of scrimmage. I've been watching him closely, and he's done well against the 3-4 teams because there is no one over his face, and he mostly goes out to get one of the inside backers on running plays. He excels at that. But with the 4-3, in the run game, he seems to get no push at all, which worries me.

I think if they were to make this switch, Butler would and Wood might be the better tandem for now.

In the little I saw of him in college, he was very agile. It would be nice to see what he could do pulling to the right on sweeps, etc. That said, he is still a kid and learning the game.

Butler usually looks as if he is injured when I watch him. Injuries will probably dictate where guys play this season.

In the little I saw of him in college, he was very agile. It would be nice to see what he could do pulling to the right on sweeps, etc. That said, he is still a kid and learning the game.

Butler usually looks as if he is injured when I watch him. Injuries will probably dictate where guys play this season.

Yeah, he's done really well when pulling so far. With New England moving to the 4-3 with two DT's, I wouldn't suspect anything less than Belichick picking Wilfork to be the one that lines up directly over Levitre's face. Levitre would get abused if that happens.

Three weeks ago Bell was a developmental project. Now he may start at LT. What in god's name are Kugler and Jauron doing? ;)

If Bell didn't get dinged up this may have happened already. You need to read more postings before throwing "developmental project" out there.

I'd rather have an up & coming athletic LT and a very solid RT than a slow, limited, out of place LT and this kid riding the bench.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/tag/demetrius-bell/

If Bell didn't get dinged up this may have happened already. You need to read more postings before throwing "developmental project" out there.

I'd rather have an up & coming athletic LT and a very solid RT than a slow, limited, out of place LT and this kid riding the bench.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/tag/demetrius-bell/

So because he was injured for a few days, that proves that he was going to be promoted over Walker?

He is referred to as a developmental prospect because that is what he has been, from day one. He has not even proved that he is better than Walker, who is simply not an LT.

So because he was injured for a few days, that proves that he was going to be promoted over Walker?

He is referred to as a developmental prospect because that is what he has been, from day one. He has not even proved that he is better than Walker, who is simply not an LT.

Wouldn't that suck if this "developmental project" started, and played well, faster than the last LT developemental project the Bills had?