Do you believe in equal treatment under law?

Tax rates based on amount of income, and why 40%+ of the population pays no taxes at all, and a good percentage of that get awarded money.

Liberals, the Democratic Party likes to espouse justice and equality. Why do they fight for this discrimination?

Well, I'm no liberal Democrat, but 'equal' and 'fair' are not the same thing, for starters.

Tax rates based on amount of income, and why 40%+ of the population pays no taxes at all, and a good percentage of that get awarded money.

Liberals, the Democratic Party likes to espouse justice and equality. Why do they fight for this discrimination?

You don't strike me as someone who is in a very high tax bracket. I could be wrong of course, I just figure that most corporate executives don't spend so much time bullschitting on message boards. So I wonder if you are bitching on principle or if you have a legitimate personal stake in the argument.

You don't strike me as someone who is in a very high tax bracket. I could be wrong of course, I just figure that most corporate executives don't spend so much time bullschitting on message boards. So I wonder if you are bitching on principle or if you have a legitimate personal stake in the argument.

It's kind of similar to this. You don't have to play for the Bills to know they're going to suck this year.

Simple solution - Flat Tax - everybody pays the same % - Everyone adjusts - No deductions

And, if you say VAT - then you should not have skipped Economics 101

When people make so little that paying tax would put them below the poverty line, why tax them? Once they go below that line then they're eligible for services that cost a whole lot more than the measly 5k in taxes they might owe.

The idea is to keep people working and paying as much of their own way as possible. Once they get ahead then tax the bejeesus out of them like the rest of us.

I am officially on record as not caring a thing about paying taxes. I suppose if tomorrow I was told I could keep all my money, I'd be pleased. But since that won't happen, I don't worry about it.

Most people don't mind paying taxes. What they mind is how that money is used.

I think what a lot of people have issues with is the philosophy of "The harder I work, the more I have to contribute to the people who believe 'the less I work, the more I want my government to support me' "

Whether you believe it or not, there are many people in our society who believe they are "entitled" to government support.

On principle. Please explain what you mean by a "legitimate" personal stake.

"I could be wrong of course, I just figure that most corporate executives don't spend so much time bullschitting on message boards. "

How assumptive, mean-spirited, smarmy and belittling. You must be a liberal.

I'll make an assumption, that you are well-described by this fellow, as one of his inferior men:

Confucius 551 – 479 B.C.

The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell.

The superior man loves his soul; the inferior man loves his property. The superior man always remembers how he was punished for his mistakes; the inferior man always remembers what presents he got.

The superior man is liberal towards others' opinion, but does not completely agree with them. The inferior man completely agrees with others’ opinions, but is not liberal towards them.

The superior man is firm, but does not fight; he mixes easily with others, but does not form cliques.

The superior man blames himself; the inferior man blames others.

The superior man is always candid and at ease with himself or others; the inferior man is always worried about something.

I suspect your knowledge of words of the past, of history (very little is new, verty little hasn't been said before) is poor.

Your tin god will soon enslave you.

Because they're Cargo Cultists looking to the sky for the planes to drop presents upon them.

It's the new religion. Get with it.

I'm waiting for graduated pricing to be put into effect.

The more you earn - the more you pay - for gas, food, clothes, everything!

Bitchin'!

Let's see - for you who makes minimum wage - that hot dog will be 10¢, and for you Mr. Multimillionaire - that same hot dog will be $750.27.

Hey, it's only fair. To each according to their needs - from each according to their abilities. It's the new remade American way!

I think what a lot of people have issues with is the philosophy of "The harder I work, the more I have to contribute to the people who believe 'the less I work, the more I want my government to support me' "

Whether you believe it or not, there are many people in our society who believe they are "entitled" to government support.

Even if that is true, it's counterproductive for me to sit around stewing about it. I have enough left over for me. Do I have a yacht? Nope. Floatplane? Naw. Do I sometimes worry about paying bills? Yep. But I can't do a damned thing about the slugs and if I am giving them my money I am also not about to give them my time and sanity.

The thing is for every pig out there who leeches off the rest of us there are legions more who quietly persevere. We hear about the leeches. The others, not so much. But I guarantee you that the leeches are far outnumbered by good, hardworking people who have no desire to do anything but be productive members of society.

Tax rates based on amount of income, and why 40%+ of the population pays no Income taxes at all, and a good percentage of that get awarded money.

Fixed, but they pay a higher percentage of their income in sales taxes, auto taxes, insurance requirements etc. Echoing AD, can't believe it.

I would agree taxes need to be lowered on the middle class and sales and state taxes should be lowered. But go ahead and blame dems for this when it has been a lot of Republican led state legislatures the last ten years increasing sales taxes.

Finally, I find most state and local legislative bodies full of it no matter the party.

Even if that is true, it's counterproductive for me to sit around stewing about it. I have enough left over for me. Do I have a yacht? Nope. Floatplane? Naw. Do I sometimes worry about paying bills? Yep. But I can't do a damned thing about the slugs and if I am giving them my money I am also not about to give them my time and sanity.

The thing is for every pig out there who leeches off the rest of us there are legions more who quietly persevere. We hear about the leeches. The others, not so much. But I guarantee you that the leeches are far outnumbered by good, hardworking people who have no desire to do anything but be productive members of society.

There's nothing like apathy to move our country forward. It's no wonder you make fun of people who protest the power grab currently taking place. These people need to stop yelling, sit home, be glad there's "enough left over" at the end of the pay period, and quit bitching about the leeches because there's not a damn thing we can do about it.

If you don't get a very special Christmas card from the White House this year, I'll be particularly surprised. People like you are made for the Obama team.

On principle. Please explain what you mean by a "legitimate" personal stake.

"I could be wrong of course, I just figure that most corporate executives don't spend so much time bullschitting on message boards. "

How assumptive, mean-spirited, smarmy and belittling. You must be a liberal.

Yes, a bit assumptive, but it doesn't make my assumption wrong. And it's not really mean-spirited as most people don't belong to a high tax bracket. I don't. It just never ceases to amaze me that people spend so much time worrying about policies that do not have a large impact on them personally. Don't you have enough to worry about?

I'll make an assumption, that you are well-described by this fellow, as one of his inferior men:

Confucius 551 – 479 B.C.

The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell.

I understand what I believe to be right and that mostly involves taking care of my family and helping others, though I'm not a religious person by any stretch of the imagination. If I understood what sells I'd be rich!

The superior man loves his soul; the inferior man loves his property. The superior man always remembers how he was punished for his mistakes; the inferior man always remembers what presents he got.

Confucius may have been in over his head here - there is no soul, though I agree that the substance and character of a person is more important than what he or she possesses.

The superior man is liberal towards others' opinion, but does not completely agree with them. The inferior man completely agrees with others’ opinions, but is not liberal towards them.

Liberal...:ph34r:

The superior man is firm, but does not fight; he mixes easily with others, but does not form cliques.

As a Liberal, I'm a lover, not a fighter unless I need to be.

The superior man blames himself; the inferior man blames others.

Always be quick to speak up when you made a mistake. That one really works for me.

The superior man is always candid and at ease with himself or others; the inferior man is always worried about something.

The inferior man is always worried about things like rich people getting taxed too much? :thumbsup:

I suspect your knowledge of words of the past, of history (very little is new, verty little hasn't been said before) is poor.

Your tin god will soon enslave you.

I am not a unique snowflake? All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again?

Well, no schitt.

It's the people's voice, united, that create change.

People voiced their disdain for GW and we got the exact opposite, BO.

I don't believe in his economic policies, I believe them to be disastrous, that is my opinion, and my voice will be heard, through some of my friends, colleagues and associates, and anyone who is willing to read my opinions through the intrawebs, and if I can change one persons view in why Liberal locotoads should be laughed at and ridiculed and more importantly not voted into office, than I believe I have done my job.

Until then, get use to it, I will voice my opposition.

It's kind of similar to this. You don't have to play for the Bills to know they're going to suck this year.

But I do have to be a Bills fan for it to bother me personally.

You don't see many Bills fans getting all bent out of shape because the Lions went winless last year.

When people make so little that paying tax would put them below the poverty line, why tax them? Once they go below that line then they're eligible for services that cost a whole lot more than the measly 5k in taxes they might owe.

The idea is to keep people working and paying as much of their own way as possible. Once they get ahead then tax the bejeesus out of them like the rest of us.

I am officially on record as not caring a thing about paying taxes. I suppose if tomorrow I was told I could keep all my money, I'd be pleased. But since that won't happen, I don't worry about it.

:ph34r: Top, lockstep liberal.

Bottom, a remark Michael Savage would think twice about. All in the course of 2 hours.

Yes, a bit assumptive, but it doesn't make my assumption wrong. And it's not really mean-spirited as most people don't belong to a high tax bracket. I don't. It just never ceases to amaze me that people spend so much time worrying about policies that do not have a large impact on them personally. Don't you have enough to worry about?

But it does affect you. That's what you don't seem to understand.

You just seem to think, since there is no direct link to you, that you are immune to the actions of the government. I can think of a few ways how it would impact your standard of living.

Now I don't know who you work for, but if small business owners were to get taxed 5% higher, straight off the bottom line, then do you think that will positively or negatively affect his plans for hiring more employees? That 5% can have a dramatic effect on employment.

Another way that it will affect you is our huge national deficit that looms ahead of us. As of right now, the W.H believes that in 10 years we will add another $9 Trillion to the deficit, which would be a total of $20 Trillion. That is their projections, and we know how accurate their projections are, so realistically let's just add another $5 Trillion to that, so now we are talking $25 Trillion.

How do you think that will impact the value of the dollar? My guess is that in another 5 years you will be paying $5-$7 a gallon gasoline, $6 a loaf bread and etc. etc.

The rate of inflation could very well possibly be the next "canary in the coal mine". Don't take my word for it, take Warren Buffet's, Martin Feldstein, Bill Gross, Mohommad El-Erian, Tony Crescenzi, John Paulson, Nouriel Roubini, George Soros, Jim Rogers, Steve Lehman and the list goes on and on and on.

If you look back at their recent statements, they all have a similar message and that is that the Balance sheet of the Federal Reserve is Exploding and that we are approaching an unsustainable National Deficit.

So, while you may think that there isn't a direct affect on you, think again