What have you seen that is positive?

I’ll admit up front that I have been one of the more negative posters on the board for the last few weeks. With that said I would like to try to put up a “where is the silver lining” post. Seriously, we have had four weeks of preseason to get a glimpse of what we might see in the regular season. What are the positives? The following are my thoughts:

• Our defense has actually looked promising at times. Recall that last year they took a big step forward in rankings. They have generated some pass rush and a few turnovers.
  • Maybin gave us a sneak peek on Saturday – he appears to be the real deal if one can judge such things based on one meaningless game.
  • TO is waiting in the wings. If we are lucky he will provide some lift to the offense.
  • Wood appears to be the real deal.
  • Harris may be the surprise of the offseason. Maybe he’ll be a starter come week one.
  • Bobby April continues to impress.

Not sure what else to say. I am really trying to keep it upbeat.

I’ll admit up front that I have been one of the more negative posters on the board for the last few weeks. With that said I would like to try to put up a “where is the silver lining” post. Seriously, we have had four weeks of preseason to get a glimpse of what we might see in the regular season. What are the positives? The following are my thoughts:

• Our defense has actually looked promising at times. Recall that last year they took a big step forward in rankings. They have generated some pass rush and a few turnovers.
  • Maybin gave us a sneak peek on Saturday – he appears to be the real deal if one can judge such things based on one meaningless game.
  • TO is waiting in the wings. If we are lucky he will provide some lift to the offense.
  • Harris may be the surprise of the offseason. Maybe he’ll be a starter come week one.

Tailgating is always fun and everybody is always positive, almost to the point where we think we can be cocky...because the game hasn't started yet.

- Ellison is really playing well. Looks like he might finally be getting it. I'm impressed.

- The offensive line in pass protection is actually looking outstanding. Any breakdowns the last 2 games have come from the RB's inability to pick up the blitzer. Walker and Butler have been very good.

- Maybin, Bryan and Ellis look like they might all come through for a pass rush this year. Hopefully the coaching staff doesn't keep them behind Schobel, Kelsay and Denney.

- Besides a few runs here and there, the Bills run defense looks vastly improved. Kyle Williams and Spencer Johnson look a lot better.

- Nelson is definitely going to be a fine player for us, if not this year, then certainly next year. Nic Harris looks very good as well.

i think we should all start bitching if we suck half way through the season... its just preseason... im excited for this season. I think we will do pretty well. If you want i can show you all the teams that blew your balls in the preseason and went to win the super bowl or even just got to the playoffs. So stop bitching... it gets annoying when every post is soooo !@#$ing bitchy..

- Ellison is really playing well. Looks like he might finally be getting it. I'm impressed.

- The offensive line in pass protection is actually looking outstanding. Any breakdowns the last 2 games have come from the RB's inability to pick up the blitzer. Walker and Butler have been very good.

- Maybin, Bryan and Ellis look like they might all come through for a pass rush this year. Hopefully the coaching staff doesn't keep them behind Schobel, Kelsay and Denney.

- Besides a few runs here and there, the Bills run defense looks vastly improved. Kyle Williams and Spencer Johnson look a lot better.

- Nelson is definitely going to be a fine player for us, if not this year, then certainly next year. Nic Harris looks very good as well.

Thx - at least one serious response so far. Maybe I should put yet another Trent Edwards sucks thread up.

i think we should all start bitching if we suck half way through the season... its just preseason... im excited for this season. I think we will do pretty well. If you want i can show you all the teams that blew your balls in the preseason and went to win the super bowl or even just got to the playoffs. So stop bitching... it gets annoying when every post is soooo !@#$ing bitchy..

Welcome to the board.

Thx - at least one serious response so far. Maybe i should put yet another Trent Edwards sucks thread up.

I was actually going to start a thread like this myself, just too lazy. I'm sick of all the negativity over scrubs and backups. If you go on any team's message board, everyone's sky is falling and season is doomed, with the exception of about 3 teams. People need to calm the fucck down.

I'm sorry but I can't contribute to this thread. 10 years of crap and it is getting crappier.

maybe someday though... meanwhile I just swallow the fact that we will probably never be a great team again as long as Ralph Wilson owns the team, and Dick and his crew are still here.

Nothing to be hopeful about.... nothing.

Thx - at least one serious response so far. Maybe i should put yet another Trent Edwards sucks thread up.

ok ok ok

*T.O and Trent looked good together in the very limited time they played with one another.

*Harris, Palmer, Ellis, Poz and Buggs have played well. LB's look good so far.

*Kyle Williams has been stout

*Maybin showed promise and Ellis and Copeland have progressed nicely.

*Lankster and McKelvin have done well.

We really haven't seen our "real" offense on the field yet for more than a series or two. Hopefully once TO gets back coverages will become a little softer, and we might have some success moving the ball.

Also, I think there have been a few young guys showing promise this year (Stupar, Wood, and Bell and Ashlee Palmer before their injuries) and I liked what I saw from Kyle Williams on Saturday (forcing that fumble while the OL-man was holding him like crazy.)

I also really love the white throwbacks.......uhm.....and next years draft should be fun........uhm......Go Bills?

We really haven't seen our "real" offense on the field yet for more than a series or two. Hopefully once TO gets back coverages will become a little softer, and we might have some success moving the ball.

Also, I think there have been a few young guys showing promise this year (Stupar, Wood, and Bell and Ashlee Palmer before their injuries) and I liked what I saw from Kyle Williams on Saturday (forcing that fumble while the OL-man was holding him like crazy.)

Stupar has looked good. My opinion of this coaching staff will rise just a little if they play Bell come opening day. Too bad he was hurt - would have loved to see him line up against Pittsburg. It's a different position but a couple of years back they inserted Butler as starting guard after he missed the preseason due to injury.

Maybin and leodis look good

The Offence looked really good the one series TO played in

No Starting Players are hurt bad

I agree with the 50% of the board that says its just preseason though so obviously my opinion does not matter that much