Ralph's Firings

jahbonas

Some people need to study their history. NOT signing Cousineau was the SINGLE greatest event in Buffalo Bills history as it turned out.

To those that already know why, please refrain from answering why.

These kiddies should do their homework.

GO BILLS!!!

anyone who doesn't know why should really forfeit their fandom ;)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats funny I somehow thought it was the medias JOB to figure a way to get the proper information by establishing contacts anyway they can...its done in many cities by very good reporters.

The problem here in Buffalo is that rarely happens....so instead of getting the opinion of a Bills scout or Bills GM we get the PERSONAL opinions of a Paul hamilton or howard Simon who dont know a damn thing about football and see no film. So the info we get is never well informed...its about as deep as having a buddy watch 1 practice and say what he thinks....

but here on this board, or in this thread, we're stuck having to read and deal with your opinions, so i guess we're even then, right bub? come back when you have something to offer, otherwise i'm not exactly sure what you're accomplishing.

jw of the medias (sic).

Knox came here in 1978 as high a profile coach as there was in 1978. He immediately traded OJ to San Fran for 5 picks where the key pick turned out to be Knox greatest wish the #1 overall pick. However that pick never played for Knox because the owner was outbid by a CFL team - that simply was the beginning of the end for Knox for working under Wilson. He left after 1982 and brought much success and division titles to Seattlele in the mid 1980;s....Wilsons team again went back to back 2-14 seasons.

Sound familiar? allowing top talent to leave elsewhere to bring success??? Knox did it in Seattle...Polian did it in Carolina & Indy and Butler brought it to San Diego

and Mr. Wilson eventually hired Marv Levy, but you notably omit that from any post ... and what is this mystical place you speak of in regards to Seattlele. is that near Poratalande, perhaps?

jw

You mean the coach that essentially quit twice?

First he said publicly we were out of the playoff race...just prior to a MNF game against the Colts, who we were tied with...and ENDED UP MAKING THE PLAYOFFS!

Then, he quit the team rather than fire Ronnie Jones, the biggest screw-up Special Teams Coach around. Ralph told him to fire him or get lost. Did Wade actually think Ralph would keep Jones if Wade left?

And we won't even get into how badly he kept that kept that QB controversy going as long as he did

Yet, still won !@#$ football games, didn't he. That's a good coach. So he's not the best public speaker of manage. He won, and still wins football games.

Yet, still won !@#$ football games, didn't he. That's a good coach. So he's not the best public speaker of manage. He won, and still wins football games.

I don't think RW himself would contest whether or not WP was/is a good coach. Simple fact is, WP gave RW no choice BUT to let him go.

GO BILLS!!!

and Mr. Wilson eventually hired Marv Levy, but you notably omit that from any post ... and what is this mystical place you speak of in regards to Seattlele. is that near Poratalande, perhaps?

jw

and why do you call him mr.wilson, it makes you sound stupid

I elect to stop rather than partake any further in the mean-spirited baloney in which this thread has degenerated into.

To be called "stupid" for referring to someone I respect as Mr., and to be presented with so many errors leads me to believe that there is no point in providing further responses in fear of repeating myself and delving into a muck I'd rather not enter.

I've said my piece and I stick to what I've said.

Have at it, folks. The intrawebs is yours as far as this thread is concerned.

John Wawrow.

I elect to stop rather than partake any further in the mean-spirited baloney in which this thread has degenerated into.

To be called "stupid" for referring to someone I respect as Mr., and to be presented with so many errors leads me to believe that there is no point in providing further responses in fear of repeating myself and delving into a muck I'd rather not enter.

I've said my piece and I stick to what I've said.

Have at it, folks. The intrawebs is yours as far as this thread is concerned.

John Wawrow.

How noble of you. ;)

if it were up to wilson, he would have kept hank bullough or kay stephenson

Total fictitious bullsh*t! If it were up to Wilson? Who do you think it was up to? Until TD came along, NOBODY had the authority over hiring/firing coaches other than RW.

You've gone from disrespectul young turk, to ignorant punk.

GO BILLS!!!

One more time. There are NO Buffalo Bills without Ralph Wilson. There is no team here in 1960. There is no team when there were numerous profitable offerings throughout his 50 years to leave this dying city. There are no Super Bowl appearances. There is no stadium in Orchard Park. This is "Its a Wonderful Life" in all it dying city mode. It is unbelievable that he stayed. The only people who should really be upset is his family. He has cost them hundreds of millions of dollars by not moving to LA or Houston when he had the chance and the league would have let him.

So, all you whiners, sobbers and complainers about Ralph, if you have ever enjoyed a wonderful fall afternoon in Orchard Park or on Dodge and Jefferson, it is because of him. Almost all others would have taken the money and run like the Buffalo Braves. Look at the stats about Buffalo. Why in the world did he stay? Count your lucky stars.

no it's not, the nfl was established long before ralph got there, and the afl merger would have happened either way. he got lucky and was in the right place at the right time. and he still manages to screw it up

Prove it. Can't? Then STFU.

PTR

anyone who doesn't know why should really forfeit their fandom ;)

Yes I'm sure Ralph's grandplan of being the only owner to ever lose top pick to the CFL was that he would wait 7 years later to get Jim kelly....ofcourse it was a 7 year wait because Ralph couldnt sign Kelly either in 1983

1976 - loses All pro Ahmad Rashad to Vikings for 15k

1979 loses #1 pick overall to CFL

1983 loses 4 time All pro Joe Cribbs to USFL

1983 loses 1st ballot HOF QB Jim Kelly to USFL

Why did Chuck Knox leave again ??

1984 - 2-14 record

1985 -2-14 record

Any connection? Then he stumbles on hiring a scout to be a GM because he came as cheap as possible and that scout blossoms into the top GM in football...Polians reward? Wilson fires him in 1992.....its just incredible

All done prior to any type of salary cap.....its incredible eneptness

good for al davis, but irrelevant for the nfl. would have happened either way

Ah, you are one of those guys who sees into alternate universes and therefore knows what would have happened if things were different in our world. Fantastic.

Tell me, what would have happened if the Nazis won?