My view on the preseason and the season to come

1. I am a little worried about the season. I was hoping to see something last night that gave me some hope that this team could score. I hope TO is a help to the offense.

2. This coaching staff whether good or bad do not game plan for the preseason. They would rather focus on their own d and o, not on others. I hope this is the reason that our O looked bad last night. I would think film study would help TE know how to run the O better if he saw some film on them.

3. I actually think the D looked alright. I think our d has a chance to be real good. When all the pieces are in place for the Pats game I think we will get pressure on Brady.

4. I was thinking this team could be a 9-7 to 10-6 before the Preseason, now I hope that the O line can come together and surprise us all.

5. I am one who does not like a lot of turn over in coaching but I agree that if we do not have a 9-7 record or better then DJ needs to go.

I think we will 11 games as well, I'm just not sure we will do it by 2010

That is exactly the response I was going to post

This year is going to be painful. Then we get the new coach with the 3yr plan. I worry that my kids are never going to see a Bills team as good as the one I watched with Jim Kelly and Co.

Its time for Jimbo to step in and save the Bills again. Bye Bye Ralph "I love Mediocrity" Wilson. Watching the Bills in the NFL is like watching my 7yr old do the doggy paddle in a swimming race against Micheal Phelps.

That is exactly the response I was going to post

This year is going to be painful. Then we get the new coach with the 3yr plan. I worry that my kids are never going to see a Bills team as good as the one I watched with Jim Kelly and Co.

Its time for Jimbo to step in and save the Bills again. Bye Bye Ralph "I love Mediocrity" Wilson. Watching the Bills in the NFL is like watching my 7yr old do the doggy paddle in a swimming race against Micheal Phelps.

Do you remember how poor the Bills played in the preseason during the Levy/Kelly era? Someone might have to correct me on this, but I believe the Bills won three games between 1990-1993. Let's wait and see what happens at New England, WITH T.O. That being said, your son isn't going to see a team like the 1990 Bills, one way or another.

1. I am a little worried about the season. I was hoping to see something last night that gave me some hope that this team could score. I hope TO is a help to the offense.

2. This coaching staff whether good or bad do not game plan for the preseason. They would rather focus on their own d and o, not on others. I hope this is the reason that our O looked bad last night. I would think film study would help TE know how to run the O better if he saw some film on them.

3. I actually think the D looked alright. I think our d has a chance to be real good. When all the pieces are in place for the Pats game I think we will get pressure on Brady.

4. I was thinking this team could be a 9-7 to 10-6 before the Preseason, now I hope that the O line can come together and surprise us all.

5. I am one who does not like a lot of turn over in coaching but I agree that if we do not have a 9-7 record or better then DJ needs to go.

I thought so to. The D's biggest problem was that it was on the field too long. If the offense had any idea at all what they were doing that would have been a competitive game. I was encouraged by Maybin. Thought he brought a needed element to the pass rush. They looked solid against the run for the most part. Just need to get more consistent pressure on the qb. They do look like they have the makings of a pretty good D hopefully.

6. Oh and I also think Moorman is the best player on our team. Every punt was great. But then again, he does get a lot of game practice.

Do you remember how poor the Bills played in the preseason during the Levy/Kelly era? Someone might have to correct me on this, but I believe the Bills won three games between 1990-1993. Let's wait and see what happens at New England, WITH T.O. That being said, your son isn't going to see a team like the 1990 Bills, one way or another.

Big difference between a winning veteran team taking a few tune-up series and this younger struggling team that can't move the ball.

And if you're not smart enough to see the difference between those pre-season games and these, you need to ask the wizard for a brain scarecrow. :)

I thought so to. The D's biggest problem was that it was on the field too long. If the offense had any idea at all what they were doing that would have been a competitive game.

6. Oh and I also think Moorman is the best player on our team. Every punt was great. But then again, he does get a lot of game practice.

3rd downs is what killed the defense.

3rd downs is what killed the defense.

True but Big Ben impressed me last night. Some of the plays looked like the coverage was very good by the Bills db's but Roths throws were great. Sometimes it's just good players making great plays. I'm not saying you are wrong with being bad on 3rd downs though. I'm hoping thats where someone like Maybin can help us get pressure in those situations. He did look encouraging Saturday night.

This is about the 5th time ive seen this justification to a horrible preseason.. Pretty stupid if you ask me..

The DIFFERENCE is the Bills in the Levy era were established team and the preseason was used for evaluating new talent and rookie experience..

NOW, preseason is being used for PRACTICE for veterans...

BIG difference

Talking with Mark Kelso yesterday ... he said that there is a HUGE difference between the two. The motivation on defense in the 90s was that if they did a clean 3 & out, they got the rest of the night off. He said that apart from the OLine taking time to gel, there is no reason for starters to be playing the whole first half and into the 3rd quarter. He didn't give me any company line about how it's just preseason. He seemed as concerned as I am.

I thought so to. The D's biggest problem was that it was on the field too long. If the offense had any idea at all what they were doing that would have been a competitive game. I was encouraged by Maybin. Thought he brought a needed element to the pass rush. They looked solid against the run for the most part. Just need to get more consistent pressure on the qb. They do look like they have the makings of a pretty good D hopefully.

I'm not that optimistic about the D ... they just couldn't seem to get off the field on 3rd down. In the first half, while the starters were in, Pittsburgh converted something ridiculous like 75% or better of 3rd down attempts. That's just not acceptable to be considered a "pretty good D", IMHO. And no matter how long they were on the field, they shouldn't get that tired playing just one half of football. In a regular game, you'd expect that kind of TOP imbalance to have an affect in the 4th qtr, but not in the 1st and 2nd.

GO BILLS!

The tone on the board will change real quick if we manage a win week 1 in NE.

Duh. We play bad in a preaseason game and now it's time to look at QB's in the top 10 for the draft next year. We start off 4-1 and we're going to the Super Bowl.

Don't get too caught up in the ridiculous ways of Bills fans. It's remarkable the constant swaying that goes on from week to week, day to day.

Big difference between a winning veteran team taking a few tune-up series and this younger struggling team that can't move the ball.

And if you're not smart enough to see the difference between those pre-season games and these, you need to ask the wizard for a brain scarecrow. :)

Listen pal, I understand the distinction. The bottom line is that a pre-season is very rarely a foreshadowing of things to come. By Week 2, the pre-season will be a distant memory. Am I skeptical about this team? You'd have to be an idiot not to be. But if the Bills march down the field and score a TD on their first drive at NE, then the whole pre-season becomes moot and all the hours you people have spent bitching and complaining will have been for naught.

Listen pal, I understand the distinction. The bottom line is that a pre-season is very rarely a foreshadowing of things to come. By Week 2, the pre-season will be a distant memory. Am I skeptical about this team? You'd have to be an idiot not to be. But if the Bills march down the field and score a TD on their first drive at NE, then the whole pre-season becomes moot and all the hours you people have spent bitching and complaining will have been for naught.

The issue is we dont seem to be any different than the last 8 games last year..

I'm not that optimistic about the D ... they just couldn't seem to get off the field on 3rd down. In the first half, while the starters were in, Pittsburgh converted something ridiculous like 75% or better of 3rd down attempts. That's just not acceptable to be considered a "pretty good D", IMHO. And no matter how long they were on the field, they shouldn't get that tired playing just one half of football. In a regular game, you'd expect that kind of TOP imbalance to have an affect in the 4th qtr, but not in the 1st and 2nd.

This is one of the things that has killed this team over the past few years - young players on D that can't get the 3rd down stop. When they have a horrible percentage at that, the coaches need to provide some sort of incentive. Some may think that's sad, but I think it's good motivational coaching.

Hey guys,

You don't need to look at the pre season -- look at the last 10 years. How many coaches, coordinators, QB's, RB's,

O-lines, D-lines ... did we go through. You don't build a team by changing players year in and year out. You need a committed owner and a competant GM who hires a head coach who knows what it takes to win. Guys, we are 0 for 3 in that department. Everyone keeps pointing out which players are good and which ones are not. Does Miami have more talent than we do? Not even close. Did they make the playoffs last year? Good organizations win. Look at the three we have running the show (Ralph, Brandon and Juron). It could be the worst in sports. Until that changes, get used to the way we play - disorganized at best.