Official preseason excuse thread

So it's Dicks fourth year in charge. He determines the offensive and defensive philosophies. He has had a say in player acquisition. He chose to invest heavily in the backfield as well as in lightweight defensive linemen. The results have been 3 consecutive 7-9 seasons which include going 0-6 in the division and finishing 2-8 in his last campaign. The starting O has managed 0 touchdowns in 4 preseason games.

I want to hear what the happy-go-lucky, overly optimistic, rose colored glasses wearing, complete homer crowd has to say at this point about Dick Jauron and this football team. I've heard some of the favorites already so I'll get the ball rolling....

- It's just preseason.

- The Steelers won the Super Bowl, you can't expect us to compete with them.

- They game planned against us.

- The Bills are keeping their superpowers hidden until the Monday night opener.

- I love the this old standby - "If you don't like it, then find another team to follow".

All right, I don't want to use them all up but I seriously think that you would have to be mentally retarded to think that this team has any chance of success in the regular season. But I know that some of you view the freight train headed your way as the light at the end of the tunnel, so I would like to hear what you have to say.

So it's Dicks fourth year in charge. He determines the offensive and defensive philosophies. He has had a say in player acquisition. He chose to invest heavily in the backfield as well as in lightweight defensive linemen. The results have been 3 consecutive 7-9 seasons which include going 0-6 in the division and finishing 2-8 in his last campaign. The starting O has managed 0 touchdowns in 4 preseason games.

I want to hear what the happy-go-lucky, overly optimistic, rose colored glasses wearing, complete homer crowd has to say at this point about Dick Jauron and this football team. I've heard some of the favorites already so I'll get the ball rolling....

- It's just preseason.

- The Steelers won the Super Bowl, you can't expect us to compete with them.

- They game planned against us.

- The Bills are keeping their superpowers hidden until the Monday night opener.

- I love the this old standby - "If you don't like it, then find another team to follow".

All right, I don't want to use them all up but I seriously think that you would have to be mentally retarded to think that this team has any chance of success in the regular season. But I know that some of you view the freight train headed your way as the light at the end of the tunnel, so I would like to hear what you have to say.

we will all be 0-0 before the first game..

Seriously, there is a BIGGER story going on here. And it involves Ralph Wilson as owner. I am convinced that the team the way it is, coaching included, is exactly all that Ralph Wilson is willing to pay for.

It will never get better with Ralph Wilson as owner.

Don't blame Juron.

What a pathetic state of existence this franchise is in! A complete joke from the very top on down. Terrible personnel decisions have left this team weaker than it should be and the problem is compounded by an owner that refuses to fund a decent coaching staff. What a joke. I regret ordering the Sunday Ticket for the 10th straight year. The fans must make their voices heard and demand change.

The only thing I can hold on to is that they're REALLLLLY holding back the offense for the regular season on purpose. That's about all I can come up with and hold hope for. That we'll unleash T.O. and the vertical passing game against the Pats. Let's hope they're not actually trying right now.

Come on homers, step on up, I know who you are, don't make me call you out by name. Step on up and explain this one away.

This was a tough game to take tonight. I still like Trent as our QB, although I can not defend his play tonight.

For that matter I can not explain the entire play of the offense. This just confuses me. The offense played decently against the Titans and Bears, but the last two games have been bad.

The O-Line is having a rough time. Trent looked off, but the O-Line did'nt do him any favors.

Having said this, it looked to me as if the Bills were'nt attempting to do anything exciting. I think the coaching staff is holding back a lot and is just doing evaluation of players. Believe me, I would love to see the first team offense score a TD. Yet I'm not concerned if the Bills lose all their preseason games.

I'm still optimistic, and I hope that the Bills can get their offense going. Give credit to the defense tonight for only giving up 1 TD, despite how long the Steelers had the ball.

Let's see what happens on Thursday against the Lions. GO BILLS!!!!!

Come on homers, step on up, I know who you are, don't make me call you out by name. Step on up and explain this one away.

Probably the wrong to go about things is to attack your fellow Bills fans after a loss. I hate guys like you.

But yea, my confidence is Edwards is now non-existent - and I'm counting on a 4 win season and a 1st round QB.

Probably the wrong to go about things is to attack your fellow Bills fans after a loss. I hate guys like you.

But yea, my confidence is Edwards is now non-existent - and I'm counting on a 4 win season and a 1st round QB.

Don't hate the messenger.

At this point I have no excuses.

The preseason is over might as well say. The game Thursday is a last chance for bubble players.

I'm am starting to think that Trent has no anticipation skills. I watched Matt Ryan and Rivers in the other game on tonight and they are not afraid to throw it down the field. Trent still does not have it. If he is coached like that the OC should be fired.

The Defense still cant get off the field on 3rd downs. They played against some good QB's the last 2 weeks and could not stop them. At this point what makes you think they can stop Brady.

Well I will give them until after the first regular season game to really start to rip them.

But it does not look good right now.

Seriously, there is a BIGGER story going on here. And it involves Ralph Wilson as owner. I am convinced that the team the way it is, coaching included, is exactly all that Ralph Wilson is willing to pay for.

It will never get better with Ralph Wilson as owner.

Don't blame Juron.

Anybody want to speculate on what makes Ralph tick. If you were over 90, wouldn't you be desperate for immediate success in your lifetime project? The only conclusion I can draw is that winning football games isn't his measure of success. Guess it isn't for the HOF either.

Anybody want to speculate on what makes Ralph tick. If you were over 90, wouldn't you be desperate for immediate success in your lifetime project? The only conclusion I can draw is that winning football games isn't his measure of success. Guess it isn't for the HOF either.

If Ralph really was hungry he would have fired Jauron after last season.

I was watching part of the Falcons-Chargers game and I saw Mike smith ripping his defense for giving up long 3 and longs for 1st downs.

Jauron would just say we are trying hard and have a long way to go.

I'm tired of it, it a losers way of doing things.

At this point I have no excuses.

The preseason is over might as well say. The game Thursday is a last chance for bubble players.

I'm am starting to think that Trent has no anticipation skills. I watched Matt Ryan and Rivers in the other game on tonight and they are not afraid to throw it down the field. Trent still does not have it. If he is coached like that the OC should be fired.

The Defense still cant get off the field on 3rd downs. They played against some good QB's the last 2 weeks and could not stop them. At this point what makes you think they can stop Brady.

Well I will give them until after the first regular season game to really start to rip them.

But it does not look good right now.

I was firmly in Trent's corner when he came on to replace JP. He looked so confident, in control, and yes, POISED. It didn't take long for him to earn the reputation of Captain Check down. He never showed the ability to throw a deep ball and trust his receiver to make the catch at a predetermined spot. He still hasn't shown that ability and has actually appeared to regress.

I don't doubt that the coaches are teaching Trent to play it safe and go to his check down, but still, he's the one on the field. Opening up the passing game would do wonders for this offense and while Trent looked good tossing 60 yarders to T.O. in shorts, so far the deep game has been as elusive as the Loch Ness Monster.

You may feel free to begin ripping them now.