According to Don Banks...

So the continuing trends (from last season) of a starting QB not understanding how to read a 3-4 and an offense that does not score touchdowns are insignificant because they will suddenly change in September when the games count.

how was last August....how was last September?

Banks makes the big mistake of overrating preseason records and underrating player performances, specifically the first units. Preseason records don't mean crap. But when a first unit looks like garbage, that's not a good sign.

the problem with the article is that he keeps referring to the final score/record. I don't think many people do that. However, I do think people take note when your starters get their clocks cleaned in their limited playing time.

Banks makes the big mistake of overrating preseason records and underrating player performances, specifically the first units. Preseason records don't mean crap. But when a first unit looks like garbage, that's not a good sign.

True. This is the point others don't seem to understand---unless they think that the Bills starters are "holding back" so no one can "game plan" for them.

True. This is the point others don't seem to understand---unless they think that the Bills starters are "holding back" so no one can "game plan" for them.

they are holding back on the TO factor...I gotta believe that will make a huge difference.

Oh...Good, you're back. Still trying to fill that void where your soul used to be when you became a Pats fan by instigating like a fool on opposing boards? We haven't had a good idiotfest in a couple of days, but you're here now so the party can begin! :thumbsup:

September 2008 schedule, with opponents' final records:

Seattle (4-12)

Jacksonville (5-11)

Oakland (5-11)

St. Louis (2-14)

What do three of the four have in common? A new head coach in 2009. (Del Rio is the only holdover.)

And what do all four share? A 4-3 defense.

Now, if you'd like to tell me that New England will lose at least 10 games this season and have a new coach in 2010 ... actually, please do. I like the sounds of that. A LOT. :thumbsup:

(As to your later post -- yes, the offense changes with 81 on the field. Can't wait to see that actually happen somewhere other than Pittsford, or five minutes in Canton.)

How was last October, November and December? To your point September (and early October) 5-1 the balance of the season 2-8. Seems to me the starting O is picking up right where it left off (near the bottom of the league in scoring and absolutely pathetic against the 3-4). That is what matters during this preseason.

Oh...Good, you're back. Still trying to fill that void where your soul used to be when you became a Pats fan by instigating like a fool on opposing boards? We haven't had a good idiotfest in a couple of days, but you're here now so the party can begin! :thumbsup:

Huh? Actually, I never left. Sorry to keep all the other idiots waiting! You go first.

Seriously, perhaps you should hit the "ignore" button if you can't handle an adult discussion.

Huh? Actually, I never left. Sorry to keep all the other idiots waiting! You go first.

Seriously, perhaps you should hit the "ignore" button if you can't handle an adult discussion.

Ignore? hmmmm I'll consider that, I was just holding out hope that you'd post something interesting and objective one day instead of spending your time looking for ways to act like a moron. If you ever do bring something to the table that doesn't come across as homerism maybe you'd be more welcome around here. There are fans from other boards that post here and when they do they're usually welcomed. You just have some sort of attention deficiency and it's pretty easy to sense.

How was last October, November and December? To your point September (and early October) 5-1 the balance of the season 2-8. Seems to me the starting O is picking up right where it left off (near the bottom of the league in scoring and absolutely pathetic against the 3-4). That is what matters during this preseason.

understood...but as I said, the biggest acquistion has only briefly showed how he could change it. I'm not ready to equate this season to last based on a few preseason games with a totally rebuilt o line and missing a huge offense weapon. I'm willing to wait and collect more data.

Ignore? hmmmm I'll consider that, I was just holding out hope that you'd post something interesting and objective one day instead of spending your time looking for ways to act like a moron. If you ever do bring something to the table that doesn't come across as homerism maybe you'd be more welcome around here. There are fans from other boards that post here and when they do they're usually welcomed. You just have some sort of attention deficiency and it's pretty easy to sense.

Objectivity? Non-"homerism"?? Wow, where did you learn the meaning of those words?

Anyway, it is sad that you and others still need to believe that I am a pats fan in order to explain my past posts regarding comment s made on this site. You read into these posts what you want to see, not what's obviously there. Just playing devil's advocate to provide counterpoint. Simple enough.

So go back to your "Brady is gay" "Bruschi is a bum on HGH" "Matt Walsh taped the SB walkthrough" crowd and enjoy the mental stimulation and psychological reinforcement they bring you. You can all sit around flattering yourselves with the debate over which of you is the most "objective".

As a Bills fan, I don't need to hate/believe the above about another team in order to view my team objectively. But if you need me to be a "pats fan" as a way to dismiss my comments (it's your only rebuttal, actually), well....I understand why you persist at this and you have my pity.

Party on.

understood...but as I said, the biggest acquistion has only briefly showed how he could change it. I'm not ready to equate this season to last based on a few preseason games with a totally rebuilt o line and missing a huge offense weapon. I'm willing to wait and collect more data.

For what it is worth I hope the NFL goes to a two game preseason and extends the regular.

Back to the point, true that we will not know what he have in an o-line until the games count for real. We can hope for improvement but signs as of now are a bit concerning. As to the TO impact it is sad that we must rest our hopes on one player. Seems to me that the situation is concerning because there is the possibility (same as with anyone playing the game) that he is injured during the season. Sure Johnson or Hardy (both?) may come on and impress but that seems to be a bit of a long shot for now.

The O-line and TO do not change Trent's inability to properly read 3-4 defenses. IMO that points back to coaching or the lack thereof. The guy is supposed to be smart so why are the coaches ignoring this obvious situation in camp and during the preseason?

I've said it before - hopefully I have to eat my words once the games count. However, I hold out little hope that we will see any significant steps forward with the Bills this year. TO may make it interesting but otherwise to me it looks like we have the same inept coaching staff and an overall lack of talent on the roster. Not a recipe for success. May Jauron and crew be wildly successful or, if not, may they (excluding Bobby April) be shown the exit quickly.

...Now, if you'd like to tell me that New England will lose at least 10 games this season and have a new coach in 2010 ... actually, please do. I like the sounds of that. A LOT. :wallbash:...

In that case, I'd like to inform you that NE* will lose at least 10 games this season and have a new coach in 2010.

Hope that helps, Capt. Stats.

GO BILLS!!!

In that case, I'd like to inform you that NE* will lose at least 10 games this season and have a new coach in 2010.

Hope that helps, Capt. Stats.

GO BILLS!!!

From your keyboard to God's ear inbox ....