Richmond SPCA Director's dog dies after being left in her car....

The Poojer

watching the news...this apparently happened last wednesday and it is just being reported now....of course she claims that her husband put the 16 year old 'deaf and half blind' dog in the back of their station wagon and forgot to tell her....why is she allowed to have an excuse and not be persecuted for it....although some are calling for her resignation....file this one under irony :lol:

watching the news...this apparently happened last wednesday and it is just being reported now....of course she claims that her husband put the 16 year old 'deaf and half blind' dog in the back of their station wagon and forgot to tell her....why is she allowed to have an excuse and not be persecuted for it....although some are calling for her resignation....file this one under irony :lol:

Huh? Do you mean prosecuted?

Good grief. Poor lady f---ed up and is probably devastated by it. Leave her alone, it obviously wasn't intentional. It's not like she drove the dog off a bridge and left it to drown while she walked home.

Wouldn't we throw parades, have "In Memory" television shows, etc?

i agree, but don't you watch or read the news, people are demonized for leaving pets in their cars....i am not advocating her being strung up....my point was the irony and how this story is taking a different tack in that it took a week to report and she appears to be immune from the barbs and arrows her organization(one which I support with all my heart) has shot at others...she was even asked about that very issue on camera and she responded by saying that she hopes that she would be able to deal with this in private as she should be able to do. I don't want her villified, i know it is a horrible mistake, but others have made the same mistake, and the negative attention they get is unreal...just making a commentary on the double standards we constantly see....

Good grief. Poor lady f---ed up and is probably devastated by it. Leave her alone, it obviously wasn't intentional. It's not like she drove the dog off a bridge and left it to drown while she walked home.

here are 3 quick potential examples of people being investigated for being prosecuted for their mistakes....this was only a real quick google search, i am sure i can find many more, but I think you get it

1.) not prosecuted yet, but it is being considered

2.) this one is facing charges

3.) already issued a citation

Ok how many people have been prosecuted for leaving their dog in the car? I am really just curious where you are going with this?

i agree, but don't you watch or read the news, people are demonized for leaving pets in their cars....i am not advocating her being strung up....my point was the irony and how this story is taking a different tack in that it took a week to report and she appears to be immune from the barbs and arrows her organization(one which I support with all my heart) has shot at others...she was even asked about that very issue on camera and she responded by saying that she hopes that she would be able to deal with this in private as she should be able to do. I don't want her villified, i know it is a horrible mistake, but others have made the same mistake, and the negative attention they get is unreal...just making a commentary on the double standards we constantly see....

That's a fair point, people have been demonized for doing this in the past. Unfairly IMO -- leaving a dog (or a child) in a hot car is pretty tragic but almost invariably the result of a huge brain fart.

And while the ASPCA has probably contributed to such negative attention toward people, I think they have also done good in trying to raise awareness of the issue and make people conscience of the dangers.

I happen to think intent is the most important part of evaluating behavior as criminal or not. In my book, 'mistakes' are when when people don't intend to do something. So for instance, Vick didn't commit any 'mistakes'. He simply committed atrocious crimes.

here are 3 quick potential examples of people being investigated for being prosecuted for their mistakes....this was only a real quick google search, i am sure i can find many more, but I think you get it

1.) not prosecuted yet, but it is being considered

2.) this one is facing charges

3.) already issued a citation

Those are BS too IMO. Well, the first two. I didn't read the third. Without intent, itis an accident IMO and should probably be dismissed.

you didn't ask me to qualify the prosecutions or potential prosecutions, you simply asked me to quantify them...i agree with you, but the intent of my post was to show the duplicity of this particular situation...i gave 3 examples where the law was enforced...in this situation, the director informed people....a week later....that she felt it was a personal matter to be dealt with in private.....yet the spca is among the first groups to demonize others that had this horrific mistake happen....that is the only thing I was trying to convey....not advocating to string her up...

Those are BS too IMO. Well, the first two. I didn't read the third. Without intent, itis an accident IMO and should probably be dismissed.

you didn't ask me to qualify the prosecutions or potential prosecutions, you simply asked me to quantify them...i agree with you, but the intent of my post was to show the duplicity of this particular situation...i gave 3 examples where the law was enforced...in this situation, the director informed people....a week later....that she felt it was a personal matter to be dealt with in private.....yet the spca is among the first groups to demonize others that had this horrific mistake happen....that is the only thing I was trying to convey....not advocating to string her up...

That is fair, I was just curious where you were going with it.