Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No way these teams need QB's:

Dolphins

Browns

Vikings

Buccs

Chiefs

I hope your right. I hope we add the Bills to that list as well. Only time will tell and you never know when what is going to happen when a franchise QB is staring at you in the face and there are some questions surrounding your starter.

Wow, take a step back their buddy. The only real argument you have here is the Bucs. You think the QB of the future for Miami is Pennington...uhhhhh OK. You don't think the Jags would take a shot at a potential Franchise QB if they had the chance. The Chiefs are not even sure if Cassel is going to be the starter as of last week.. Looks like the Vikes are really sold on Sage...ummm, no. Panthers are going to need a successor. The others you admitted as a possibility and the Bucs I admitted as wrong. Is it still all that funny?

LMAO even more at you response...

Miami has Henne who they like as their guy of the future to succeed Pennington...

Jags have a lot of money in Garrard and have faith in him. He is not their problem, no recieving weapons other than an old Holt are their problem. They will get him a weapon before they draft another QB in the first round.

The Chiefs are not going to draft a QB...that is insanse...Cassel is a young QB and the staff has ties to him. He will get more than one season to prove his worth...

Vikes wanted a future hall of famer to make a run this year...doesnt mean they dont think Sage can be good. They traded a high pick for him, they are not going to waste a first round pick on a QB until they see if Sage can play. More importantly, they will picking at the bottom of the draft anyway.

Panthers are going to need a succesor, but Delhomme has at least 2 or 3 years left in him, so there is no pressure to draft a QB early next year. And with a team as talented as Carolina, they are going to draft a player in the first round who can have an impact right now to help this team win right now, not a QB who will sit for 2 years at least.

So yes, still LMAO

LMAO even more at you response...

Miami has Henne who they like as their guy of the future to succeed Pennington...

Jags have a lot of money in Garrard and have faith in him. He is not their problem, no recieving weapons other than an old Holt are their problem. They will get him a weapon before they draft another QB in the first round.

The Chiefs are not going to draft a QB...that is insanse...Cassel is a young QB and the staff has ties to him. He will get more than one season to prove his worth...

Vikes wanted a future hall of famer to make a run this year...doesnt mean they dont think Sage can be good. They traded a high pick for him, they are not going to waste a first round pick on a QB until they see if Sage can play. More importantly, they will picking at the bottom of the draft anyway.

Panthers are going to need a succesor, but Delhomme has at least 2 or 3 years left in him, so there is no pressure to draft a QB early next year. And with a team as talented as Carolina, they are going to draft a player in the first round who can have an impact right now to help this team win right now, not a QB who will sit for 2 years at least.

So yes, still LMAO

I gotta admit, I still can't get over the fact that you use the term LMAO multiple times and are a dude. Believe what you want to believe...it's call a message board which means opinions are welcome. The need to jump all over someone's opinion seems pretty useless to me.

Wow, take a step back their buddy. The only real argument you have here is the Bucs. You think the QB of the future for Miami is Pennington...uhhhhh OK. You don't think the Jags would take a shot at a potential Franchise QB if they had the chance. The Chiefs are not even sure if Cassel is going to be the starter as of last week.. Looks like the Vikes are really sold on Sage...ummm, no. Panthers are going to need a successor. The others you admitted as a possibility and the Bucs I admitted as wrong. Is it still all that funny?

Not only does Miami have Henne, they also spent a 2nd rounder this year on some guy named Pat White, who they're grooming as a QB. If they do want another one, it won't be a 1st round pick.

The Chiefs just gave $60 million to Matt Cassel. If he turns out to suck, they're not giving another guaranteed $60 million to another QB in the top 10 again next year.

The Vikings like Rosenfels and Jackson. Also, Favre signed a 2 year contract. If Favre leaves after the year, and they want to add another QB to the battle between Sage and Jackson, it's not going to be a 1st round pick.

I gotta admit, I still can't get over the fact that you use the term LMAO multiple times and are a dude. Believe what you want to believe...it's call a message board which means opinions are welcome. The need to jump all over someone's opinion seems pretty useless to me.

Wasnt jumping all over, was literally LMAO...I mean I literally laughed at the list...

Dolphins

Browns

Jags

Broncos

Chiefs

Redskins

Vikings

Panthers

Bucs

Rams

Bills

I'd add CIN to the list. Palmer will be in his 7th year in 2010, and I can see them considering a QB in the 4th, possibly 3rd round of the draft. Not 1st or 2nd, of course, but plucking a QB that some other teams hoped would drop further.

Edited by stuckincincy

Dolphins

Browns

Jags

Broncos

Chiefs

Redskins

Vikings

Panthers

Bucs

Rams

Bills

Out of these teams, which do you think will finish worse than the Bills? I would say Dolphins, Browns, Jags, Chiefs and maybe Rams and Tampa (Depending on our home opener). Now, I really am hoping for the best this season but i am having a hard time getting past our coaching staff and GM (or lack there of).

How many top flight QBs are coming out of the draft this year (I pray this won't even be a concern in 20 weeks). I'm just sayin'....if there is a new coaching staff and Edwards does not pull through this, it is very possible that QB could be taken with a top 10 pick. What would the best options be and who would you hope for?

The verdict is still out on Edwards so this is just something to get the wheels turning until season starts

I would bet that none of those teams are going to finish worse than the Bills this year..Not only do we have a shaky Qb situation at best we have a project for an offensive line, a defensive line that cant stop the run or get to the qb and to top it off we have an absolute moron for a gameday coach..This season has Detroit Lion type disaster written all over it.

If the cynicism were based on only a few preseason games, it would be silly but the truth is, there is a lot more to base our worries on than these glorified scrimmages. Our pessismism is also based on the reality of how they finished the season last year, the reality that they are taking no less than 5 gambles on the offensive line and that their top pick missed all of camp. Add in the departure of Peters and Marshawn's suspension and there are plenty of reasons for people to be legitimately worried about this year. The preseason games could have helped to calm those fears but instead, they have exacerbated them.

Certainly, you can spin each one of those factors into something positive but just as certainly, reasonable minds can legitimately cite them as a rational basis for being very concerned that this simply is not our year. So please don't characterize everyone who sees this as something other than a playoff year as being negative nancys or nervous nellies foolishly overreacting to the preseason games.

You don't have to agree that this will be a difficult year but allow us the courtesy to disagree without being insulted by our fellow fans. Perhaps you have never, in the history of being a fan of this team, expressed concern about a player, a coach or a front office decision but if you have, you should understand the current view by many that, though we hope otherwise, this is more likely to be a tough year than a playoff year.

I thought about starting a new thread and just posting this. Absolutely, spot on, IMO.

I really don't think that you can properly evaluate the level of talent on the Bills, including at QB, until Jauron is out of there. I really don't think that this game planning and game management gets the most out of the players we have.

Cross the following teams off your list -

Miami - they drafted Henne last year and are high on him

Jacksonville - Garrard got huge bucks a year ago and is still young. He's not going anywhere

Kansas City - see jacksonville, but replace Garrard with Cassel

Cleveland - they spent a 1st rounder in '07 on a QB, and mangina is a new coach. Both Quinn and mangina will have a few years to prove themselves

Tampa - they just spent a 1st rounder on Josh Freeman this year. They aren't taking another next season

Realistically, if the Bills need a 1st round QB next year, they'll be competing with the Rams and Redskins.

Good post, but I would throw in Seattle & maybe Denver as teams that may need a QB next year.

They were 7-9 last year (granted, against an easier schedule than this year appears to be). They have a very young team and lost only one player of any significance (Greer was good, but McKelvin will be better this year). Aside from Peters, the rest of the offensive line could/should be improved. Hangartner should be a marginal upgrade, Wood should be a significant upgrade right away and Brad Butler was pretty good against the run last year and is going back to his natural position. They added TO, which should open things up. Poz looks like did a bunch of steroids in the offseason, which should help him improve. I'm excited about adding something new to the ridiculously stale three-white man DE rotation and I expect Maybin and/or Ellis to contribute this year. OLB is a question mark, but I think Harris will win the job by Week 2. Overall, the defense was already average last year (with zero pass rush) and has another year of experience under their belts. They certainly have one of the better CB groups in all of football. Not to mention the best special teams in all of football. Bottom line is, I live in Denver and the original post basically grouped the Bills in the same category as the Broncos and that's simply not being objective. The Broncos had an historically bad defense last year and now, are in complete and utter disarray on offense as well. Maybe if people didn't live in a Bills bubble all the time, they would realize that, especially in this era of FA, every team has question marks and isn't locked and loaded at every position. Dude, the Bucs are gonna absolutely suck this year. Peace I'm outta here.

What do you know about the Bucs? I would guess NOTHING. They have a better coaching staff than the Bills, a better O-line, & better defense than the Bills. I think the Bucs finish 8-8. We shall see about the Bills.

What are they? :o

i'm talking about hte bengals here, you know that, right?

They need help at the O-line, they have probably one of the bottom 5 lines in the league even assuming Andre Smith shows up to play, they need a RB...Cedric Benson is not going to pan out. Depending on if Chad Johnson can return to form, they may need to invest in a WR, because both Johhnson and Coles are getting old.

That's just on the offense. On Defense they have as much or more of a problem getting to the QB than the Bills do.