2010 HOFer Andre Reed

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Respectfully Lori, Andre Reed was more of a game breaking WR than Cris Carter and Tim Brown with the numbers to back it up. As far as I'm concerned he should be in before Michael Irvin.

Yes he should have made it before Art MOnk and Michael Irvin but that is not reality. Now he has to make it in while being compared to these guys. Like it or not that is how it works. I think he has a better shot than Tim Brown but there is no way Rice doesn't get in first crack. Then it is between Reed and Carter. I can't see them making Carter wait another year. With all the Bills players that are already in, unfortuantely Reed is going to have to wait.

The sad part is he is better than all of them with the exception of Rice.

I think Reed is being dissed. Like John D. said he was the best RAC receiver not named Jerry Rice. I don't remember teams game planning to stop Cris Carter. He helped change the WR position the same way Thurman Thomas changed the RB's yet Marshall Faulk gets the pub.

You can STFU, I can respond to a post if a want. Dont like it, dont read it. She talked numbers, I responded numbers. Try not to be a monumental kiss ass to a mod okay douchebag

+1

Darin is a total kissass to the mods. Some things you can't change so don't worry about it.

Andre Reed should be a slam dunk to be in the HOF. When he retired he was third all time in receptions and was top five in receiving yards. So when he retired 2 people on the planet had more receptions and 4 people had more receiving yards. How many receivers are in the HOF? If those arent HOF numbers then theres a lot of receivers in Canton that dont deserve it. Also, I dont know how many receivers made their living over the middle taking big shots from LBs and Safeties, like Andre did.

I like Andre a lot.But I believe both Carter and Brown were better receivers than him--slightly.And most people outside of Buffalo would agree with me. Still think Andre deserves to be in though.

Of course they would. Because 95% of these fans have seen Carter much more then Andre.

Sure, Cater has the better numbers, playing in a different era for the most part where the advantages opened up for the WR, along with playing inside in a cozy 72 degree environment helped a lot. Bottom line: Andre was dominant in his TIME, and was what, 2nd all time in catches when he left the game?

How does other receivers accomplishments now in a more passer and reception friendly NFL game take away what a player did in HIS time? Ill never understand that.

Of course they would. Because 95% of these fans have seen Carter much more then Andre.

Sure, Cater has the better numbers, playing in a different era for the most part where the advantages opened up for the WR, along with playing inside in a cozy 72 degree environment helped a lot. Bottom line: Andre was dominant in his TIME, and was what, 2nd all time in catches when he left the game?

How does other receivers accomplishments now in a more passer and reception friendly NFL game take away what a player did in HIS time? Ill never understand that.

I will beg to differ on that..The Bills of the 90s were on Tv a whole lot more Nationally than the Eagles or the Vikings combined...I dont think Andre deserves the HOF..I give it to Bruce Jim and Thurman no question but I got a problem with Andre ever sniffing the HOF. He lost his cool on the big stage costing his team points that were invaluable at the time..He was the man who threw the water on the fire of any chance of the Bills coming back against the Skins in Superbowl 26. Hall of Famers dont wear that crown. Any numbers he put up dont mean squat..That is the trump card for not getting in..

I will beg to differ on that..The Bills of the 90s were on Tv a whole lot more Nationally than the Eagles or the Vikings combined...I dont think Andre deserves the HOF..I give it to Bruce Jim and Thurman no question but I got a problem with Andre ever sniffing the HOF. He lost his cool on the big stage costing his team points that were invaluable at the time..He was the man who threw the water on the fire of any chance of the Bills coming back against the Skins in Superbowl 26. Hall of Famers dont wear that crown. Any numbers he put up dont mean squat..That is the trump card for not getting in..

Stenbar, how can you not think Andre doesn't deserve it but Jim Kelly does. These two are one of the best QB/WR tandems in NFL history. Having Jim in the hall and not Andre is like having sex and not unloading.