QB Mentor for Edwards

Trader

I think we are stuck with Schonert for this year. Edwards needs help. Jim Kelly is perfect. I always thought he was a little too agressive with his throws (I know what you think but it's my opinion and I am entitled to it!). Edwards is timid to a fault. Perhaps day in and day out exposure to Jim Kelly for a month or so could whip Trent into a more aggressive attitude.

Granted Edwards will never be a gunslinger (I don't want one), but maybe he could become more than he appears to be.

I think we are stuck with Schonert for this year. Edwards needs help. Jim Kelly is perfect. I always thought he was a little too agressive with his throws (I know what you think but it's my opinion and I am entitled to it!). Edwards is timid to a fault. Perhaps day in and day out exposure to Jim Kelly for a month or so could whip Trent into a more aggressive attitude.

Granted Edwards will never be a gunslinger (I don't want one), but maybe he could become more than he appears to be.

So...Alex Van Pelt is just collecting a check?

people need to let go of the past. Jim Kelly can not be everyones answer to the bills problems. Potential Owner/position coach/cheerleader/mentor etc etc etc. Until the Bills get a competant front office it doesnt matter what ex player or friend is added to Ralph's circle of trust. We'll be stuck with the same level of mediocre talent of a roster we currently have.

Alex Van Pelt was a 3rd string QB and way overrated as to his knowledge of the game....Another instance of the Bills going over a cheap route....The bills need to get someone who will make these guys mentally tough, something we have lacked since the time of Kelly and Thomas.

Alex Van Pelt was a 3rd string QB and way overrated as to his knowledge of the game....Another instance of the Bills going over a cheap route....The bills need to get someone who will make these guys mentally tough, something we have lacked since the time of Kelly and Thomas.

Yeah, that second-rate Sam Wyche guy really worked out for us too.

These Troglodyte Bills coaches had a gunslinger in JP and couldn't coach him up to an NFL level,the guy was a rising star at the end of 06, any QB these clowns get there hands on will never amount to anything.

Ever hear the old adage, "you build your team around your best players and find their best abilities and utilize them"?

Don Schula used the best running attack in football to win super bowls, Jim Kick, Larry Csonka, Mercury Morris. When he drafted Dan Marino he found he had a diamond in Marino so he went and opened up the passing game.

Trent Edwards would be perfect for a "west coast" offensive scheme,short well timed passes,like an extended hand off. Instead this staff wants to call deep 5-7 step drops that will get him killed with the crappy O line the Bills have.

Typically 3rd string QBs are the coaches as the starters made too much money to now need go through the long hours needed for coaching. Also for many of these stars, things come too easy and can't relate well to players of less talent. The 3rd string QB also usually got a much better perspective of coaching as watched the game form the sideline.

I'm not saying AVB is a good or bad coach, but him being a third stringer is typical of many coaches. What star players are now coaching in the league? Very few as most coaches are backups who lasted a few seasons in the league.

Kelly was never exactly rumored to be a rocket scientist either. To coach you do need some smarts, can't do it on emotion. If you could Carl Mauck would stil lbe here.

"Hey...WE all just collect a check! Nothing wrong with that!"

Regards,

The millions of working age people with nothing wrong who sit around collecting SSI/SSD, Public Assistance, and Section 8 month after month

AVP broke the passing records at Pitt of some guy named......umm.......lessee......hmmmmmm.......oh yeah......

Marino.

Alex was a good back-up - -that's it. Turk was a poor back-up - that's it. Just because they played doesn't mean they can teach or coach. They came cheap. Alex never coached anywhere else.

technically AVP was a coach on the sidelines. The offseason that he was hired by the Bills he was also hired by UB as passing game coordinator.

How 'bout bringing back the other Kelly - Holcomb that is. Trent could use some pointers.

LOL... I could just imagine Holcomb's advice to Edwards after an attempted downfield throw.

"No, no, no, NO!! Never look down the field, always check down...Jeeez!"

people need to let go of the past. Jim Kelly can not be everyones answer to the bills problems. Potential Owner/position coach/cheerleader/mentor etc etc etc. Until the Bills get a competant front office it doesnt matter what ex player or friend is added to Ralph's circle of trust. We'll be stuck with the same level of mediocre talent of a roster we currently have.

Amen