John Mackey's solution to the health care "crisis"

Fingon

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Note to Mackey: when you sell organic tree-hugger food, it's a good idea not to piss off the tree huggers by disagreeing with their president.

That would be bad, mmmmkaaaay.

You shouldn't disagree with the President mmmmkaaaaay. Disagreeing with the President is bad mmmmkaaaay

Step 1: Instead of ass say buns, like kiss my buns or you're a buns hole

Step 2: Instead of sh-t say poo, as in bull poo, poo head and this poo is cold

Step 3: With b-tch drop the t because bich is latin for generosity

Step 4: Dont say f-ck any more

Cuz f-ck is the worst word that you can say!

F-ck is the worst word that you can say!

We shouldn't say f-ck, no we shouldn't say f-ck

F-ck nooooo!!!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405...0072865070.html

I must say, Mackey not only runs his company very well, but he has some great ideas about health care.

He has some good ideas there that should probably be enacted, but it's not enough.

 Finally, revise tax forms to make it easier for individuals to make a voluntary, tax-deductible donation to help the millions of people who have no insurance and aren't covered by Medicare, Medicaid or the State Children's Health Insurance Program.

So we're still going to have millions of people uninsured, but tax breaks will ensure that the more well-off among us will pick up the slack through charity? That doesn't seem like a realistic solution.

He has some good ideas there that should probably be enacted, but it's not enough.

 Finally, revise tax forms to make it easier for individuals to make a voluntary, tax-deductible donation to help the millions of people who have no insurance and aren't covered by Medicare, Medicaid or the State Children's Health Insurance Program.

So we're still going to have millions of people uninsured, but tax breaks will ensure that the more well-off among us will pick up the slack through charity? That doesn't seem like a realistic solution.

either does trying to promote more competition when the profit margins are less than 5%.

Also, it's not that fair when the big bully of the block is competing against other kids that are 1/1,000,000 his size.

I've got no problem with it, if only on the basis of simplifying the tax code.

I doubt it would make a measurable in health care, though. That looks like an idea that comes from a narrow perspective. as though Mackey moves in circles that would make such donations, and thinks that's representative of the country at large.

He's done quite well by charging them twice the price for the items, so I guess he figured what else could he get away with?

Every time I see the organic options at the grocery store, and see how much more they cost, I think to myself: I'll take my chances with the pesticides. :)

I doubt it would make a measurable in health care, though. That looks like an idea that comes from a narrow perspective. as though Mackey moves in circles that would make such donations, and thinks that's representative of the country at large.

I'm not saying it's not a good idea, but like you I think he's grossly overestimating the generosity of his fellow Americans. Ironically, it comes across as a bit elitist, but when you root for the laundry, you'll agree with anything that supports your side.

Honestly, a lot of our country's problems have been solved through charity. If you need food, go to a soup kitchen, if you need clothes, go to good will, etc. I think what Mackey is getting at, is that no matter the cost, there will always be some uninsured. His plan would certainly greatly decrease the cost of health care.

Honestly, a lot of our country's problems have been solved through charity. If you need food, go to a soup kitchen, if you need clothes, go to good will, etc. I think what Mackey is getting at, is that no matter the cost, there will always be some uninsured. His plan would certainly greatly decrease the cost of health care.

He has good ideas, but it's not like he's offering an all-encompassing solution.

Where will these extra charity dollars come from? Dollars that would have otherwise gone to other charities?

He's done quite well by charging them twice the price for the items, so I guess he figured what else could he get away with?

I shop at a combination of Whole Foods and a local farmer's market. Since starting shopping at Whole Foods and the market, my grocery bill went up about 30%. But there is no comparison between the produce and breads at the local grocery store and Whole Foods/market. None. It's money well spent. Not because I care that much about pesticides (though I do) and processing (I do) and the corn-ing of our food (ditto). The produce is just that much better.

I buy organic foods but not exclusively.

He has good ideas, but it's not like he's offering an all-encompassing solution.

Where will these extra charity dollars come from? Dollars that would have otherwise gone to other charities?

His plan would decrease the overall cost of health care, which would leave companies, individuals, and the government with more money.

I shop at a combination of Whole Foods and a local farmer's market. Since starting shopping at Whole Foods and the market, my grocery bill went up about 30%. But there is no comparison between the produce and breads at the local grocery store and Whole Foods/market. None. It's money well spent. Not because I care that much about pesticides (though I do) and processing (I do) and the corn-ing of our food (ditto). The produce is just that much better.

I buy organic foods but not exclusively.

It's not just the organic foods where Mackey makes a nice premium, but also with the staples. Great business model.