tony dungy flips out on vick

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another completely overblown media story. He had a drink, just as every American has the right to do. And it was in an AIRPORT, not some shady club.

The thing that concerns me about the situation is that Vick was drinking a Greyhound. Come on Michael, that's a little feminine isn't it? What has prison done to this guy?!

espn news reporting dungy lost it on vick for drinking in public.

i would have to believe vick is a real dumb a$$ or just doesn't care about reshaping his image and more importantly getting himself back on track in life

I'm really at a loss on this one, how is drinking alcohol in any way related to dog fighting?

Another completely overblown media story. He had a drink, just as every American has the right to do. And it was in an AIRPORT, not some shady club.

The thing that concerns me about the situation is that Vick was drinking a Greyhound. Come on Michael, that's a little feminine isn't it? What has prison done to this guy?!

Killing off a greyhound is the closest he can get to dog fighting. It semi-satiates his need to kill. JMO

Part of his agreement with the commissioner for reinstatement was to abstain from alcohol.

Part of his agreement with the commissioner for reinstatement was to abstain from alcohol.

Um. I'd call that an "oops," then?

Edit: Incorrect according to this story, though:

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/2009...m_drinking.html

Dungy reference on ESPN: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4419868

Tony Dungy, the former NFL coach who has served as a mentor to Michael Vick of late, addressed a photo this weekend that shows the Eagles' quarterback drinking in a Philadelphia airport bar.

"Michael, you can't do that," Dungy said to SI.com.

Not finding anything on SI.com yet, though.

he had an apprenticeship as a receiver in the clink.

:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure his reinstatement in the NFL had some conditions regarding alcohol and drugs. It could also be a violation of his parole.

Michael Vick not barred from drinking

By Jeff McLane

Inquirer Staff Writer

Michael Vick did not violate the terms of his probation nor the conditions of his NFL reinstatement when he drank an alcoholic beverage on the night after his first practice since being released from prison, an Eagles spokesman said yesterday.

The day after Vick's return to the field, a report in the New York Post described the new Eagles quarterback "sipping on a Grey Goose [vodka] and pineapple juice" at the Riverbend Bar & Grill, a restaurant at the Philadelphia Airport Marriott.

Linky

Who cares? Vick had a drink ... Dungy (I guess from the comments) opposed to drinking. To me it sounds like a lot of noise over nothing. If Dungy went off on him no way should it have become public. This is just a circus and a really bad one at that.

Michael Vick not barred from drinking

By Jeff McLane

Inquirer Staff Writer

Michael Vick did not violate the terms of his probation nor the conditions of his NFL reinstatement when he drank an alcoholic beverage on the night after his first practice since being released from prison, an Eagles spokesman said yesterday.

The day after Vick's return to the field, a report in the New York Post described the new Eagles quarterback "sipping on a Grey Goose [vodka] and pineapple juice" at the Riverbend Bar & Grill, a restaurant at the Philadelphia Airport Marriott.

Linky

In that article it says this too;

On July 27, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell detailed the conditions of Vick's reinstatement in a letter.

He wrote that the former Atlanta Falcons player, who was incarcerated for 18 months on a dogfighting conviction, was "required to abide by the terms of the supervised release that were imposed on you by the court, which include not committing any further crime, limits on who you may associate with, prohibitions regarding drug and alcohol use, possession of a firearm or other dangerous weapon, and forbidding you to own, possess, or be involved with the sale of any dog."

Looks to me like he violated both the court order and the NFL's rules for his reinstatement unless his supervised release time is up. :rolleyes: