How long would you play the starts against the Steelers

A quarter and a half. The length of time they play has zero effect on winning or losing against the PATs. It is a preseason game and getting pounded by the Steelers' first unit and then beating up on their second or third unit won't prove much of anything. I am fairly well alarmed at how poorly the offense has played so far but at the same time, I know from many years of watching football that preseason doesn't mean much at all. If our poor play extends to the regular season, then I'll worry but for now, I see no reason to turn a preseason game into a must win situation where we risk injuries to starters and lose the opportunity to get a last long look at our new guys before cuts.

Yes - unless you are instituting a new offensive scheme, and have a substantially new OL.

Given that, you better d*mn well use your preseason to try to square things up.

Yes - unless you are instituting a new offensive scheme, and have a substantially new OL.

Given that, you better d*mn well use your preseason to try to square things up.

If the Bills are not truly ready for week #1

Who else can you really blame?

I blame a coach that only played the starters for 1 quarter!

:rolleyes:

The starters normally play into the 3rd quarter in the 2nd to last preseason game. The true "bubble" players get more reps in the rest of the game than the established backups. The last preseason game normally sees little of the starters.

I am not a Gruden fan. I hate his stupid scowl. But didn't he also lead the lowly Raiders to the Superbowl before escaping to TB ? Gruden may be an obnoxious ass. But he's a good coach. His biggest problem is that his aggressive persona grates on players and fans after a few years. I would take him in place of Skeletor in a heartbeat.

Gruden did not lead the Raiders to the Super Bowl. Bill Callahan did. And they lost to Gruden's Bucs. Or should I say Dungy's bucs...

We all know that isn't going to happen, but I agree completely.. Make them earn their way off the field.

Usually most of the teams play their starters into the 3rd quarter in the 3rd pre-season game. For the Bills this is the "3rd pre-season" game without counting the Hall-Of-Game....So I would expect the starters to go into the 3rd qtr unless the starting Offense has the team up 14-0 nothing or so...

I would sit everyone, after all, why does in game experience in August matter, right DJ?

Hey, they did their walk throughs really hard and with a high motor AND they like to play together. What MORE do you want, all you ungrateful jerk-offs?

Gruden did not lead the Raiders to the Super Bowl. Bill Callahan did. And they lost to Gruden's Bucs. Or should I say Dungy's bucs...

Wait a minute...So Gruden doesn't get credit for taking a team that a former coach (Dungy) built to the super bowl, but Callahan does get credit for taking a team that a former coach built (gruden) to the super bowl?

Gruden built the Raiders and Callahan took them to the super bowl - callahan gets credit

Dungy built the Buccs and Gruden took them to the super bowl - dungy gets credit?

methinks you have something against jon gruden.