Jauron backers

GOBILLS78

I'm just curious to see if anybody here is still defending Dick Jauron. I know it was a meaningless preseason game in the grand scheme of things, but the team's perpetual lack of preparation is flat-out maddening.

So, if you're a Jauron backer or -- somehow -- can defend him as an NFL coach, please do. No hard feelings. I just want to know why on Earth you think this guy is an NFL coach you can build your franchise around. The numbers stand for themselves.

Mods, feel free to merge this thread with others if you are so inclined. Thanks.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just curious to see if anybody here is still defending Dick Jauron. I know it was a meaningless preseason game in the grand scheme of things, but the team's perpetual lack of preparation is flat-out maddening.

So, if you're a Jauron backer or -- somehow -- can defend him as an NFL coach, please do. No hard feelings. I just want to know why on Earth you think this guy is an NFL coach you can build your franchise around. The numbers stand for themselves.

Mods, feel free to merge this thread with others if you are so inclined. Thanks.

Originality, nice.

Haha. It was maybe the worst preseason half I have ever seen, but my god, get a grip. Just like beating the Steelers last preseason doesn't make Jauron a great coach, losing to the Packers in preseason doesn't make him the worst coach either. Relax and start whining in the regular season.

I sat next to him on the plane once from Buff to Detroit and he was very very polite to the stewardess.

Haha. It was maybe the worst preseason half I have ever seen, but my god, get a grip. Just like beating the Steelers last preseason doesn't make Jauron a great coach, losing to the Packers in preseason doesn't make him the worst coach either. Relax and start whining in the regular season.

But it's not just the preseason. This is a drum that's been beaten to death since Day 1. It's not like last night's game put anybody over the edge.

No offense Biscuit but that's just rationalizing what is now obvious to Us all...Dead Dick is a loser plain and simple...

He'll be 20 games below .500 Career-wise when the Patsies hand it to Us in the Season Opener... And don't you worry one bit, the whining will come fast and furious thereafter...

I'd love to think I'll be wrong about this but I recognize Dead Dick-Ball when I see it nowadays...And I think it's going to be more of the same in 09...TO or no TO...He'll find a way to finish 7-9... :sick:

I'm still a Jauron backer. The guy is a leader and a teacher who played the game and whom the players respect and play hard for. The problem is the talent on the roster. This O-line is just horrible. After watching three preseason games, sorry to say Hangartner is no better than last year's starting center Duke Preston who is now a 3rd stringer in GB. Levitre couldn't carry Dockery's jock. That's a pretty good indicator of just how piss poor the talent is. And they draft an undersized DE in Maybin who's a project and not expected to contribute this year holdout aside. The only guys that are legit quality starters are Lee Evans, T Owens, M Lynch, M Stroud, A Schoebel (maybe but getting old), T McGhee, and maybe E Wood ( rookie). That's it...Billichek couldn't win with this pile of crap.

But it's not just the preseason. This is a drum that's been beaten to death since Day 1. It's not like last night's game put anybody over the edge.

I understand it is preseason, but straight up blocking with your starters should not result in embarrassment.

You have a good point with the Steelers, but they have a successful coaching staff that has proven their worth during the regular season. Jauron and company have not.

The sky is not falling, but there is cause for concern. Edwards looked really shakey and so did the line.

Again, I'm just asking why people think he's an NFL coach. I'm not complaining about him per se, that's over and done with for the past two seasons. I just his defenders to justify it, that's all.

They can't justify it.

Oh, they will offer all kinds of "reasons" of why Dick has been unable to produce winning results, but they will never be able to provide evidence as to why he Dick should be able to produce winning results.

They will point out things like his 13-3 COY season of 2001 (never mind his overall head coaching record is below .500, he has only produced 1 winning season out of 8, and he has consistently been unable to win against the better teams in his entire HC career).

They will talk about the Bills 2007 season as being "miraculous", and indicator of his coaching ability.Only a Jauron fan would consider a team posting a losing record as being "miraculous".

You want miraculous? See Mike Smith and the Falcons and, especially Harbaugh and the Ravens. That's "miraculous". That's something you do not expect.

I understand it is preseason, but straight up blocking with your starters should not result in embarrassment.

You have a good point with the Steelers, but they have a successful coaching staff that has proven their worth during the regular season. Jauron and company have not.

The sky is not falling, but there is cause for concern. Edwards looked really shakey and so did the line.

I would have been more worried if TO played and we looked the same way. I'd hate to put it on one player, but TO is a HOFer and Josh Reed is a margainal NFL receiver. As bad as our run blocking is, our pass blocking waas pretty good. There were a lot of coverage sacks, which resulted because our receivers not getting open (tv didn't show this for soem reason).

With TO merely on the field, the running and passing game should open up a lot more.

AND THAT is one thing Bills fans will do no matter what. Whine.

I'm still a Jauron backer. The guy is a leader and a teacher who played the game and whom the players respect and play hard for. The problem is the talent on the roster. This O-line is just horrible. After watching three preseason games, sorry to say Hangartner is no better than last year's starting center Duke Preston who is now a 3rd stringer in GB. Levitre couldn't carry Dockery's jock. That's a pretty good indicator of just how piss poor the talent is. And they draft an undersized DE in Maybin who's a project and not expected to contribute this year holdout aside. The only guys that are legit quality starters are Lee Evans, T Owens, M Lynch, M Stroud, A Schoebel (maybe but getting old), T McGhee, and maybe E Wood ( rookie). That's it...Billichek couldn't win with this pile of crap.

The one problem with this argument is that this is Jauron's 4th year and this is the team that he created via the draft and free agency. He picked Levitre and signed Hangartner. He chose Maybin in the 1st rd. And on and on. It's safe to say he responsible for the personnel as well.

Is Jauron on-board with decisions such as going into a season with a make shift OL and no depth at all behind it, running a Tampa-2 defense without anyone in the front 4 than can bring pressure on their own, and building his team through the defensive secondary first? Or is he totally against these notions, which go against established football doctrine for building a winning program, and he just lacks the cojones or respect to tell the front office they are fugtarded?

You forgot Brian Moorman - we have a Kicka$$ punter!

No offense Biscuit but that's just rationalizing what is now obvious to Us all...Dead Dick is a loser plain and simple...

He'll be 20 games below .500 Career-wise when the Patsies hand it to Us in the Season Opener... And don't you worry one bit, the whining will come fast and furious thereafter...

I'd love to think I'll be wrong about this but I recognize Dead Dick-Ball when I see it nowadays...And I think it's going to be more of the same in 09...TO or no TO...He'll find a way to finish 7-9... :sick:

Yep, no need to bash too hard now, save it for when it counts.