I Just Don't Think This Team Has The Right Players

The offense will hopefully never look that bad again but this defense is totally lost on the coaching and players side. The Defense is going to be what kills this team every single week and nothing is going to change until you get a coach in here who has a clue on how to win.

Hopefully this offense will continue to grow but this defense looks like it has been stuck for quite some time. Between the LBs and DEs, how does this team stand a chance? Does Mitchell even play on this team anymore?

The offense will hopefully never look that bad again but this defense is totally lost on the coaching and players side. The Defense is going to be what kills this team every single week and nothing is going to change until you get a coach in here who has a clue on how to win.

Hopefully this offense will continue to grow but this defense looks like it has been stuck for quite some time. Between the LBs and DEs, how does this team stand a chance? Does Mitchell even play on this team anymore?

He tweets a good game.

The key to our defense is to generate pressure with the front four, which doesn't happen. Hopefully Maybin can help right away.

I don't see how the coaches can watch the game film from yesterday and think they have any chance of having a winning record. Good teams don't get man-handled like that ever. Ellison is a safety playing LB. Our defensive lineman look like they are playing in a phone booth. Whitner is not a play-maker. He's not a ball-hawk and not an intimidating presence in the secondary. At least Scott has good size and is aggressive. The problem is that the coaching staff has to win this year, but they should be going with the rookies/young guys and rebuilding.

I don't see how the coaches can watch the game film from yesterday and think they have any chance of having a winning record. Good teams don't get man-handled like that ever. Ellison is a safety playing LB. Our defensive lineman look like they are playing in a phone booth. Whitner is not a play-maker. He's not a ball-hawk and not an intimidating presence in the secondary. At least Scott has good size and is aggressive. The problem is that the coaching staff has to win this year, but they should be going with the rookies/young guys and rebuilding.

I am over him also. Not ready to call him a complete bust, but would not surprise me if he were not starting by about game 4. Scott and Byrd hopefully can do something. Could happen.

Jauron must go. If the Bills get a real coach, they will improve very quickly.

Gotta agree. You keep hearing the players saying in post-game interviews that the other team was giving them different looks, schemes they had never seen before. The coaching staff is NOT preparing these players for games. They are richer than me, but I sort of feel sorry for them. Wait until TO learns what weak coaches they are; he will go off bif-time on them and that might be the best we can hope for. It won't cure anything, but it might wake up the guys who hire these losers.

The scary thing I see just ike last year is not one of our front four draws a double team, they get taken out man on man which gives the QB all day to throw. Mitchell takes horrible angles on the sweeps. I thought Poz and Scott looked ok last night.

Remember that last year the defense clearly outplayed the offense. The D should be better this year with Poz having a full year under his belt and hopefully some pass rush from Schoebel and Maybin. The o has the potential of being pathetic unless they learn to run block and quickly. Freddy and Marshawn may have to carry this team.

It all depends on Schobel and possibly Maybin, IMO.

Kyle Williams stinks. Kelsay is average at best. Schobel was out basically the entire year. If your DL is lousy, your linebackers and backfield have very little chance. Schobel doesn't look strong yet but I'm not sure anyone in the world including Schobel knows if he can make it back to 100% when the regular season starts. That will be an enormous factor in how this defense plays.

Ellison stinks, too, and Poz and Mitchell are average unless the line in front of them holds up. If they do, both of them can be very effective. Which brings us back to Schobel. We're quite vulnerable in the middle unless McCargo and/or Spencer Johnson come up big. So the ends MUST hold their ground and/or get a rush on the passer. This team will look 100% different if Schobel plays well, and I wouldn't count him out yet. It's a wait and see on him. Maybin will likely help, but if it's 2nd or 3rd and 4 or less -- instead of 2nd or 3rd and 5 or more -- it's unlikely he will help much.

I think Harris starts around week 3-4 which will add some toughness and maybe some plays in the backfield although he will likely make some mistakes for big gainers.

This team has been drafting players to fit this defense for four years now. If they don't have the right ones yet, when will they?

I think as soon as Dick convinces Russ and company that there is nothing wrong with starting 11 corner backs on a defense.

Gotta agree. You keep hearing the players saying in post-game interviews that the other team was giving them different looks, schemes they had never seen before. The coaching staff is NOT preparing these players for games. They are richer than me, but I sort of feel sorry for them. Wait until TO learns what weak coaches they are; he will go off bif-time on them and that might be the best we can hope for. It won't cure anything, but it might wake up the guys who hire these losers.

News flash: no NFL coaches, except maybe Jeff Fisher, game plan for preseason. Wait till the regular season starts before judging the preparation.