Jim Kelly sees win-or-else season for Bills

BillsWatch

Found story linked to Topix but TBD does not appear to have it.

http://www.topix.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/200...eason-for-bills

The way Jim Kelly sees it, a lot of folks in the Buffalo Bills organization will be seeking employment in 2010 if they don't win this season.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-9-199...-for-Bills.html

Too late news (August 20) to submit to TBD but figured some here might have missed it.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"It might take a little time. Unfortunately for the Buffalo Bills and that coaching staff, they don't have time," Kelly said Thursday morning on Buffalo radio station WGR. "They've got to win and they've got to win now. I know the pressure's on because if they don't win now they're all going to find themselves looking for a job next year."

My interpetation : Jim Kelly will either be either be the coach next year, or involved in the front office with deciding who stays/goes on the coaching staff.

"It might take a little time. Unfortunately for the Buffalo Bills and that coaching staff, they don't have time," Kelly said Thursday morning on Buffalo radio station WGR. "They've got to win and they've got to win now. I know the pressure's on because if they don't win now they're all going to find themselves looking for a job next year."

My interpetation : Jim Kelly will either be either be the coach next year, or involved in the front office with deciding who stays/goes on the coaching staff.

I agree many will join the ranks of the unemployed but would be very surprised if Kelly took a position with the organization. In fact, I think it would be as much of a mistake as returning Marv Levy was. If the Bills want to build a winner they need a proven front office and talent guru.

While it was only a preseason game the Bills looked pathetic last night. If I was Dick Jauron I would be sharpening up my resume.

I agree many will join the ranks of the unemployed but would be very surprised if Kelly took a position with the organization. In fact, I think it would be as much of a mistake as returning Marv Levy was. If the Bills want to build a winner they need a proven front office and talent guru.

While it was only a preseason game the Bills looked pathetic last night. If I was Dick Jauron I would be sharpening up my resume.

For what, a pop warner job?

I think he is out of football after this debacle of 3 seasons and still running.

Kay Stephenos Hank Bolough redux

They should start with Fewell. The starters on D looked putrid last night. They are consistently 3-4 steps (or more) off the receivers after the catch. 3rd and long against the Bills D is almost a gimmee.

I'm really starting to wonder if the problem isn't Fewell and Snert instead of DJ. I really am....

They should start with Fewell. The starters on D looked putrid last night. They are consistently 3-4 steps (or more) off the receivers after the catch. 3rd and long against the Bills D is almost a gimmee.

I'm really starting to wonder if the problem isn't Fewell and Snert instead of DJ. I really am....

No, those guys don't help, but it is DJ.

I would love to see this staff turn things around, More than anything, football-wise, I want the Bills to have a great season.

Unfortunately, if last evening's performance was any indication of this team's ability - especially having an extra week over every other NFL team to prepare, we are in for a rough ride, and Kelly is a harbinger of change - hopefully in the form of...

Mike Leach

No, those guys don't help, but it is DJ.

I wonder how much input DJ has in running and adjusting the O & D during the game. Shouldn't Fewell & Snert be running things with tweaks here & there by DJ?

I'm really beginning to think the basic problems may be the OC & DC and not necessarily DJ. Fewell has NEVER (that I can remember) shown any ability to adjust his defense when it was getting torched. Snert's offense looks....well....bland and predictable.

And just who was it who selected Fewell and Schonert in the first place?

One of the single most important responsibilities of a head coach is to choose good coordinators and assistant coaches.

And just who was it who selected Fewell and Schonert in the first place?

One of the single most important responsibilities of a head coach is to choose good coordinators and assistant coaches.

Selected and retained them, and let's remember Schonert is a second-chance for Jauron, after whiffing with Fairchild. If the problem's really with the assistants, then Jauron looks just as bad not only for hiring chumps, but refusing to fire *any* of them.

I am of the opinion, that what this team needs the owner won't be able to fulfill.

They need to hire a Cowher or Shanahan and give him the keys to the kingdom. Or a real football guy and have him drive the football operations. I am continuously stunned as to how badly this team sucks and yet the owner thinks the FO is doing a "good job" and "we just don't have any talent." Hello? This team has talent it just isn't being utilized well.

Put them in pads this week for starters and practice playing against the 3-4 look until the season opener. For starters...

C

I am of the opinion, that what this team needs the owner won't be able to fulfill.

They need to hire a Cowher or Shanahan and give him the keys to the kingdom. Or a real football guy and have him drive the football operations. I am continuously stunned as to how badly this team sucks and yet the owner thinks the FO is doing a "good job" and "we just don't have any talent." Hello? This team has talent it just isn't being utilized well.

Put them in pads this week for starters and practice playing against the 3-4 look until the season opener. For starters...

C

The coaching staff seems to have no concept of how to attack the 3-4. How would they be able to run one in practice with seemingly no understanding of the principles? As someone pointed out we have a HC who insists, for going on 4 years now, on running a defense for which the Bills don't have the personnel.

The Bills have a HC who redefines 'incompetent'. It is by far the Bills most serious problem.

C

sadly, I agree with you.

Found story linked to Topix but TBD does not appear to have it.

http://www.topix.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/200...eason-for-bills

The way Jim Kelly sees it, a lot of folks in the Buffalo Bills organization will be seeking employment in 2010 if they don't win this season.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-9-199...-for-Bills.html

Too late news (August 20) to submit to TBD but figured some here might have missed it.

Great stuff, and it justifies the observations of many here.

“There’s a reason why they play in Pro Bowls,” said Jauron. “They’re talented. We just had one of those nights where we weren’t hitting on all cylinders. You have them sometimes and you’ve just got to work through them.”

This could have been a Jauron quote from any game the Bills lost over the past 3 seasons.

It was from last night talking about the Packers CB's.

“There’s a reason why they play in Pro Bowls,” said Jauron. “They’re talented. We just had one of those nights where we weren’t hitting on all cylinders. You have them sometimes and you’ve just got to work through them.”

This could have been a Jauron quote from any game the Bills lost over the past 3 seasons.

It was from last night talking about the Packers CB's.

Want a coach that loses with aplomb, we got our man. Other than that, he's worthless.

Great stuff, and it justifies the observations of many here.

:worthy: Totally agree, Kelly and Thurman both validate what most have been saying for a long time. Poor play calling, too many checkdowns for two yards, run blocking, no pass rush, corners playing off too far, and some good talent with bad coaching, etc. etc........