Holy crap were they as bad as the box-score looks

sharper802

It just seems they do stuff badly on purpose, all year long. Could they really BE that bad, these coaches and FO.

Drafting 3 dbs AGAIN?

Playing the cbs 10 yeards offr the line of scrimmage AGAIN?

Keeping Kelsay as a starter AGAIN?

Dude, you and I both know these guys are all idiots.

Playing ten yards off the line of scrimmage in a cover 2????? What the hell is that? The cover two is designed to prevent the deep ball with safety help, why in the world would you need to play ten yards off the LOS in that scheme as well? And btw, isn't our bad weather all the deep pass protection we need in Buffalo with the winds gusting and what not? Why run that scheme in Buffalo in the first place?

It was worse than we could discribe.You'll just have to watch the rerun....bring a barf bag. :sick:

I no, I no, its only preseason but I'm a little concerned that we are heading into our 4th game and the starting offense has yet to score a TD.

" as long as we get into field goal range the scoring will take care of itself. we worked these plays all week in practice"-Dick

i just made that up...but...

It was worse than we could discribe.You'll just have to watch the rerun....bring a barf bag. :sick:

I no, I no, its only preseason but I'm a little concerned that we are heading into our 4th game and the starting offense has yet to score a TD.

It's part of DJ's master plan to give the Pats* a false sense of security for the opening weekend in Foxboro.

Just got home and saw the box score. I assume it looked as bad as the stats indicate. Is it too early to fire DJ and bring in Marty? He would have two weeks to fix some of this mess. Granted it will take three draft classes to undue Tom and Marv but it owuld be a start....

no they were much worse....

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...18-4eedbc0f5762

Some select quotes:

“I didn’t like the way I reacted,” said Edwards of the play. “I felt like “The whole night they were disguising a lot of their coverages,” said Edwards. “It was kind of in that gray area of either tucking and running with it or trying to throw the ball away."

“They were bringing a lot of pressure and for a preseason game we weren’t expecting too much of that,” said Edwards. “We’ve got to be able to handle that because that’s going to happen during the season. We’ve got to be able to make in game adjustments and that’s something that we’ll learn from.”

-WTF? TE's got a couple seasons under his belt. This coaching staff's been around a few years now. How is TE so woefully prepared and unable make adjustments to all this? This just reminds me of the Cleveland game last year where TE said afterwards he wasn't prepared because Cle's Defense changed their defense compared to what he saw on film.

One last quote from the article:

"Their problems seemed rooted in the fact that they chose not to specifically game plan for Green Bay, while the Packers apparently did based on their varied defensive play calls."

-Ok, this team generally does poorly against a 3-4. You're going up against a 3-4 in preseason and you choose not to game plan some specifics for it? WTF????????

I've always figured in training camp that DJ spends less time hitting and more time preparing the team for different schemes/defenses/etc. Obviously not. The most disturbing thing about all this is that the jobs of these coaches are on the line this year. You think they'd at least change some things up, push the envelope more in the preseason, take some initiative. DJ and co. seem to just futz around like they have every year previous.

This one's on lousy coaching. I get to see them play next week in Pittsburgh and can only pray our coaches take the opportunity to actually prepare this team to play the Steelers. Even though it's preseason, we suck and they don't so it's an opportunity for our coaches to push the envelope. We can only hope.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...18-4eedbc0f5762

Some select quotes:

“I didn’t like the way I reacted,” said Edwards of the play. “I felt like “The whole night they were disguising a lot of their coverages,” said Edwards. “It was kind of in that gray area of either tucking and running with it or trying to throw the ball away."

“They were bringing a lot of pressure and for a preseason game we weren’t expecting too much of that,” said Edwards. “We’ve got to be able to handle that because that’s going to happen during the season. We’ve got to be able to make in game adjustments and that’s something that we’ll learn from.”

-WTF? TE's got a couple seasons under his belt. This coaching staff's been around a few years now. How is TE so woefully prepared and unable make adjustments to all this? This just reminds me of the Cleveland game last year where TE said afterwards he wasn't prepared because Cle's Defense changed their defense compared to what he saw on film.

One last quote from the article:

"Their problems seemed rooted in the fact that they chose not to specifically game plan for Green Bay, while the Packers apparently did based on their varied defensive play calls."

-Ok, this team generally does poorly against a 3-4. You're going up against a 3-4 in preseason and you choose not to game plan some specifics for it? WTF????????

I've always figured in training camp that DJ spends less time hitting and more time preparing the team for different schemes/defenses/etc. Obviously not. The most disturbing thing about all this is that the jobs of these coaches are on the line this year. You think they'd at least change some things up, push the envelope more in the preseason, take some initiative. DJ and co. seem to just futz around like they have every year previous.

This one's on lousy coaching. I get to see them play next week in Pittsburgh and can only pray our coaches take the opportunity to actually prepare this team to play the Steelers. Even though it's preseason, we suck and they don't so it's an opportunity for our coaches to push the envelope. We can only hope.

A loser's mentality reeks from those comments. Where is the competitive fire? The starters got man-handled and embarrassed. Get mad at something. If my coaches just sent me out to a slaughter, I think I'd be a little more upset.

A loser's mentality reeks from those comments. Where is the competitive fire? The starters got man-handled and embarrassed. Get mad at something. If my coaches just sent me out to a slaughter, I think I'd be a little more upset.

Agreed, but this limp-ass, inept coaching has got to be a real morale buster. It's one thing if players aren't playing well and need to step up. But when your coaching staff and gameplan are completely inept and flawed do you go after your coach? Unfortunately TO probably won't say much because he is hoping to be a model citizen and get a job with a real team next year. My only hope is that coaching is so putrid TO just can't keep his mouth shut anymore.

Just got home and saw the box score. I assume it looked as bad as the stats indicate. Is it too early to fire DJ and bring in Marty? He would have two weeks to fix some of this mess. Granted it will take three draft classes to undue Tom and Marv but it owuld be a start....

Bills 2nd string vs GB 2nd string looked better than Bills starters vs GB starters, that's for sure. Starting defense got burned, starting offense went phffffft. Even special teams weren't.

it was horrible, but the big thing were the turnovers. rookies getting blown off the ball on the Oline (fumble) and evans being lazy coming back for the ball got us our first two. after that we were shell shocked.

this reminded me of the arizona game, once we get into an early funk we just suck out loud and can't get out of it. same thing as that home sunday nighter 2 years ago vs NE at home (worst loss in team history).

i don't buy the whole we are as bad at detroit stuff, but we really do need to shape up.