An early test for Schonert

BillsVet

Everyone with a pulse knows the Bills struggled against the 3-4 last year. Tonight, I'm interested to see how they fare against a team implementing the 3-4, as GB hired Dom Capers to replace the fired Bob Sanders.

It may be just a preseason game, but the starters should receive more snaps tonight. The other thing I'm interested to see is how the starting OT's can handle pass-rushing OLB's. Aaron Kampfman, a pretty good 4-3 DE is making the move to 3-4 OLB and can rush the passer. The front three of GB's 30 front consists of Cullen Jenkins, Ryan Pickett, and Johnny Jolly.

I don't think there's a greater question out there than how Turk Schonert adapts to what defenses show them. Green Bay won't show too many different looks, but the Bills haven't seen the 3-4 yet in the preseason.

Everyone with a pulse knows the Bills struggled against the 3-4 last year. Tonight, I'm interested to see how they fare against a team implementing the 3-4, as GB hired Dom Capers to replace the fired Bob Sanders.

It may be just a preseason game, but the starters should receive more snaps tonight. The other thing I'm interested to see is how the starting OT's can handle pass-rushing OLB's. Aaron Kampfman, a pretty good 4-3 DE is making the move to 3-4 OLB and can rush the passer. The front three of GB's 30 front consists of Cullen Jenkins, Ryan Pickett, and Johnny Jolly.

I don't think there's a greater question out there than how Turk Schonert adapts to what defenses show them. Green Bay won't show too many different looks, but the Bills haven't seen the 3-4 yet in the preseason.

Hope your thread does better than mine.

here come the 3-4 defenses

it really was a horrible black mark on us last year. we need to become the 3-4 busting team on O to make the playoffs this year, and with san diego, NE, pittz, and balti being tough teams likely to get a good look at the playoffs (not to mention the other teams in our division) we can't emphasize enough how focused on the 3-4 we need to be.

Odds are we will struggle greatly tonight on Offense. It's the first time we've traveled outside of our home environment (and yes, I'm counting the HOF game as a home game for us since two-third of the stadium were Bills fans) and I feel that Trent and the offense will struggle with it in noisy Lambeau Field. Not to mention the rookies and a reshuffled line is getting their first crack at a very aggressive 3-4 Defense makes me think our starters wont score an offensive TD in this game.

But it's good that the new offense and the rookies get kicked in the mouth in a game that doesn't matter as opposed to Week One. All part of the learning curve with a new scheme.

Of course that won't stop the "TRENT EDWARDS IS TEH SUXORZ!1!1 WE SHOULDVEE SIGNED VICK!!1!!!!1@2@!" posts that will pop up when our Offense struggles tonight.

Odds are we will struggle greatly tonight on Offense. It's the first time we've traveled outside of our home environment (and yes, I'm counting the HOF game as a home game for us since two-third of the stadium were Bills fans) and I feel that Trent and the offense will struggle with it in noisy Lambeau Field. Not to mention the rookies and a reshuffled line is getting their first crack at a very aggressive 3-4 Defense makes me think our starters wont score an offensive TD in this game.

But it's good that the new offense and the rookies get kicked in the mouth in a game that doesn't matter as opposed to Week One. All part of the learning curve with a new scheme.

Of course that won't stop the "TRENT EDWARDS IS TEH SUXORZ!1!1 WE SHOULDVEE SIGNED VICK!!1!!!!1@2@!" posts that will pop up when our Offense struggles tonight.

TRENT SUXX!!!111!!!! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!221111!!!!!!

Just trying to beat the rush. :ph34r:

Good thing is we no longer have a rookie offensive coordinator. I think this will be one of the biggest differences for the Bills this year. He should have learned and improved as much as a rookie QB going to his second year. Tonight will just illustrate how much that improvement is.

Good thing is we no longer have a rookie offensive coordinator. I think this will be one of the biggest differences for the Bills this year. He should have learned and improved as much as a rookie QB going to his second year. Tonight will just illustrate how much that improvement is.

The notion that Schonert was a rookie coordinator last season is folly. This is a man who's played or coached for more than 20 seasons in the NFL. If he doesn't have the ability to adapt to what defenses show, he never will.

That said, I hope he learns from his mistakes last season and we'll know soon enough whether the no huddle approach works. If it doesn't, this will be a long season.

maybe we can ask teh other afc east teams not to play a 3/4?

Trent said that a lot of guys don't see much of the 3-4, that they'll go back and learn from their mistakes, and get it all turned around quick like.

See? No need to worry.

How many times does it take Turk and Dick to figure out the 3-4? Right, it's pre-season and they don't want to show too much. I forgot.

Buffalo saw the 3-4 eight times last season and never developed a game plan for it. The thing which irritates me after tonight's performance is the GB put it into place just this off-season. We're not talking about NE's version here.