Inglorious Basterds was just seen by ME

K-Gun10

Its great go see brad pitt was real good "for once" and the bad nazi turned in as good as a performance as Heath Ledger in the joker bold i know but the oscars will tell u them same.

Pitt is one of the best actors out there imho. And I'm not really talking about Oceans Eleven, Benjiman Button or anything like that. "Kalifornia", "Snatch" are great examples of his range. I think people don't give him the credit because he's such a high profile, pretty boy type

Can't wait to see "Inglorious Bastards"

Its great go see brad pitt was real good "for once" and the bad nazi turned in as good as a performance as Heath Ledger in the joker bold i know but the oscars will tell u them same.

Holy crap what sentence structure. Is English your native language? Do you think that you are E. E. Cummings?

Pitt is one of the best actors out there imho. And I'm not really talking about Oceans Eleven, Benjiman Button or anything like that. "Kalifornia", "Snatch" are great examples of his range. I think people don't give him the credit because he's such a high profile, pretty boy type

When he has great roles (unusual, gritty, wacky, etc) he usually excels.

Well, I can tell you that the film LOOKS f :thumbsup: ng amazing. At the Cannes it won a nomination for best actor and I've always been a fan of Tarantino's work.

Brad Pitt is a phenominal actor, who doesn't get all the praise he deserves because of a largely undeserved rep and who he's shacking up with.

Another pair of excellent movies to add to the list are Se7en and Fight Club

Well, I can tell you that the film LOOKS f :thumbsup: ng amazing. At the Cannes it won a nomination for best actor and I've always been a fan of Tarantino's work.

Brad Pitt is a phenominal actor, who doesn't get all the praise he deserves because of a largely undeserved rep and who he's shacking up with.

I'll add Burn After Reading. Not the best movie, but he nailed his character. I never used to like Pitt, but he's become one of my favorite actors, he has outstanding range.

I'll add Burn After Reading. Not the best movie, but he nailed his character. I never used to like Pitt, but he's become one of my favorite actors, he has outstanding range.

As noted by Dante, Oceans Eleven (and stuff like that) doesn't help his reputation. But it helps his bank account.

Pitt and Edward Norton did an amazing job in Fight Club, even tough that movie didnt do well at the box office, it's so wacky but what a great movie. The type of movie that gets better and better when you watch it again.

Can't wait to see "Inglorious Basterds"

Fixed. Tarantino intentionally misspelled it (and doesn't know why).

I'm guessing because of the 1978 Italian movie Quel maledetto treno blindato, which in case anyone was wondering was called Inglorious bastards in the US. Fred Williamson starred. That's right folks this is a loose remake of an older film. I'm thinking Tarantino doesn't want too many people knowing that so he mis-spelled the title to throw off the scent a little bit...

I'm guessing because of the 1978 Italian movie Quel maledetto treno blindato, which in case anyone was wondering was called Inglorious bastards in the US. Fred Williamson starred. That's right folks this is a loose remake of an older film. I'm thinking Tarantino doesn't want too many people knowing that so he mis-spelled the title to throw off the scent a little bit...

Just checked out a few sites on the 1978 Italian movie Quel maledetto treno blindato, Thanks for the info!

You like Degs? And Basterds was a pretty solid movie. The bar scene is vintage Quentin, and Pitt is hilarious when he gets captured by the Natzees. Damn Sauerkrauts...

from IMDB

When asked about the misspelled title, director Quentin Tarantino gave the following answer: "Here's the thing. I'm never going to explain that. You do an artistic flourish like that, and to explain it would just take the piss out of it and invalidate the whole stroke in the first place."

:ph34r:

Alright I just got home from seeing it and I think I have to put it 2nd to only Pulp Fiction as far as Tarantino's good stuff. Very, very well done. Loved Eli Roth as "The Bear Jew" and "Stiglitz" was fun to watch as well. I wish we could've seen more of the "Basterds" however... their scenes were fun for a lack of a better word. Pitt, as stated earlier in this thread was pretty great. In fact his performance in this is comparable to some of his other great work, Kalifornia comes to mind. Also, as usual Quintin's soundtrack was great, Bowie's Cat People may have been the only recognizable song(and the scene with it was damn steller) but the score definitely added to this flic much similar to the way Kill Bill was enhanced by its.

I haven't enjoyed a movie enough to want to review it in a while. This one has ended that streak. If you're going to see it and are expecting a heartfelt WWII drama or a chaotic action movie with no heart whatsoever then you'll be a little struck because it's somewhere in between. I can best describe it as fun with a side of gratification.

I think Pitt was fantastic in The Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford.

Surprisingly underrated film....a lot of people I know who have seen it thought it was boring. I felt just the opposite! I loved the pacing, and the acting was amazing. Casey Affleck was fantastic.

I just saw Inglorious Basterds tonight, and it surpassed my expectations. I agree with H&A that it's Tarantino's second best film next to Pulp Fiction. Tarantino used the concept of irony in this film very effectively, and it's not often that I have a cinematic experience that is THIS satisfying. I give this one 94 scalps!

PS. Christoph Waltz was awesome in this flick!