Poz=Paup?

could poz could have a year like Bryce Paup did that year he won AFC Defensive Player of the Year?

we haven't really had a dominant force in the middle since Paup. Fletcher was amazing and i think we let him go too early, but i understand we're trying to get younger and establish leadership. but the bills do have history of letting good players go too early...........Flutie for Johnson is a good example.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont even remember the D-line we had with paup.....but i didnt realize the d-line now looked that horrible. from what ive heard and read Williams is looking solid and you got stroud still being a force in the middle. personally i think we should move to a 3-4 IMO.

Paup wasn't in the middle...he was the SOLB in the 3-4 defense we employed. When we switched to a 4-3 midway through 97 due to the fact that both our starting ILBs went down with injuries in one week, Paup disappeared...he wasn't much for coverage, something required of a SLB in a 4-3 scheme

i dont even remember the D-line we had with paup.....but i didnt realize the d-line now looked that horrible. from what ive heard and read Williams is looking solid and you got stroud still being a force in the middle. personally i think we should move to a 3-4 IMO.

Hansen-Washington-BRUCE...our best D-line ever

could poz could have a year like Bryce Paup did that year he won AFC Defensive Player of the Year?

we haven't really had a dominant force in the middle since Paup. Fletcher was amazing and i think we let him go too early, but i understand we're trying to get younger and establish leadership. but the bills do have history of letting good players go too early...........Flutie for Johnson is a good example.

Considering he was an outside linebacker, I don't see how he dominated the middle.

Considering he was an outside linebacker, I don't see how he dominated the middle.

As everyone else said he Paup played on the outside in the 3-4. He had Phil Hansen and Bruce Smith as ends and I believe Ted Washington was the man in the middle.

In that 3-4 scheme Bruce often flipped sides at that point as well which helped Paup's #s.

All in all the comparison doesn't work, however if you would like to compare them, until Poz gets up field a hell of a lot faster I wouldn't compare him to Mark Maddox. He has done nothing for us to this point, he needs to start living up the hype.

Paup wasn't in the middle...he was the SOLB in the 3-4 defense we employed. When we switched to a 4-3 midway through 2007 due to the fact that both our starting ILBs went down with injuries in one week, Paup disappeared...he wasn't much for coverage, something required of a SLB in a 4-3 scheme

Hansen-Washington-BRUCE...our best D-line ever

Dunaway, McDole and Sestak.

Maybe i'm wrong, but wasn't Paup an outside linebacker? on the left side i believe.

Fletcher was amazing .

No doubt he will get some HOF votes through the years. I googled his name to check...starting LB with STL's SB team, and hasn't missed a regular season game for the past 8 years. That's good - real good.

Maybe i'm wrong, but wasn't Paup an outside linebacker? on the left side i believe.

Sorry, i should have read all the posts before replying. Seems like everyone else already caught on to the fact he was an outside linebacker.

we haven't really had a dominant force in the middle since Paup. but the bills do have history of letting good players go too early...........Flutie for Johnson is a good example..

There are so many things wrong with this, I don't know where to begin.

2009 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.

Grade: 78 | Key

Comment: Posluszny bounced back from an injury in his rookie season to have an excellent year for the Bills. He is a good combination of size, strength and athleticism. He is a tough hardnosed player that attacks the line of scrimmage with attitude and conviction. He is excellent at taking proper angles to leverage the football as well as maintaining good mesh points with his down lineman. He has the speed, quickness and agility to be effective inside out to the ball. He is a solid wrap tackler that keeps his pads over his feet in the open field. He has improved as a coverage defender with better route progression reads in zone schemes. He has enough speed, quickness and agility to be effective in combination man coverages but may not have enough athleticism in pure man schemes. There were some durability concerns about Posluszny coming out of college. It was important for him to bounce back with an impressive year as the man in the middle of the Buffalo defense.

He is the 6th best MLB in the league and the 25th best LB, according to Scouts Inc.