Who will have more impact?

major

Favre knows Childress' system, so the "learning curve" element is mitigated. The issue, really, is durability. If his arm strength is there, it's hard to imagine he doesn't make the Vikes better by virtue of his experience. Don't forget he has Adrian Peterson in the backfield. Umm...play action, anyone? I see a lot of bombs to Berrian in the Vikes' future. I also see a lot of short fields to work with as a result of MN's stellar defense.

TO will undoubtedly help the Bills without even catching a single pass (by taking coverage away from Evans), and he has already shown himself to be a good teammate (extra sessions with Edwards, mentoring Hardy).

This is truly a toss-up question. The fact Favre touches the ball on every snap leads me to lean in that direction.

The Jets won MANY more games with Favre than they would have without him, so yeah most of it was negative. Without Favre last year, the Jets would have had a MUCH higher Draft pick.

They only won 9 games last year (including the one Jauron and JP handed them). You're suggesting Pennington would have done worse than that? Guess you didn't watch many Jets games last year.

Favre has averaged 21 picks per year over the past 4 seasons. Thats 3 drives every 2 games that are ending early due to favre, not to mention any opposing points scored off of turnovers.

The real question is, how many vikings drives will Brett Favre snuff out by making some bonehead pass, whereas Jackson and Rosenfels would have been forced to hand the ball off to Peterson.

After the year is over, T.O. will have helped the Bills more because Stevie Johnson and Hardy will have had another year to develop. Hardy is gaining tips from T.O..

Favre will further retard the development of Tavaris and Sage, and we'll be hearing Tavaris grouse about leaving Minn.

Aaron Rogers developed terribly under Favre right.

Favre was GOOD for the Jets until he was injured. Now he is healthy again, that is why he will be good for the Vikings. He also has been injured less in his LONG career than Trent has.

Favre was injured ALOT...he just was tough as nails and played through it. And anyone from the South that can religiosly play through the Green Bay Winters qualifies as tough in my book.

Favre was injured ALOT...he just was tough as nails and played through it. And anyone from the South that can religiosly play through the Green Bay Winters qualifies as tough in my book.

Favre played while hurt, which requires toughness. A player that is not tough will miss games because they are hurt. An injury like a concussion requires players to miss games.

They only won 9 games last year (including the one Jauron and JP handed them). You're suggesting Pennington would have done worse than that? Guess you didn't watch many Jets games last year.

The Jets won only 4 Games the year before with Pennington on the team. He had a good year in Miami, but he would have been in a different system in NY. Who knows how well (or bad) he would have played?

The Vikings have far fewer uncertainties than the Bills. Favre to the Vikings answers their biggest need. Terrell Owens to the Bills? Does that address all the Bills problems? Sure, TO makes the Bills more exciting, but there are still a ton of issues with this team...blind faith and depending on luck have never gotten them very far before...

The Jets won only 4 Games the year before with Pennington on the team. He had a good year in Miami, but he would have been in a different system in NY. Who knows how well (or bad) he would have played?

And the year before that they were in the playoffs. Favre cost the Jets more games last year than he won for them. Trust me. I don't shell out for Sunday ticket so at 1:00 I'm usually watching the Jets on TV and the Bills on the laptop.

And the year before that they were in the playoffs. Favre cost the Jets more games last year than he won for them. Trust me. I don't shell out for Sunday ticket so at 1:00 I'm usually watching the Jets on TV and the Bills on the laptop.

You could be right, but you do know he was injured right? I think Brett will take the Vikings deep into the playoffs this year if he stays healthy.