Poz Killer

Poz must have also chosen Maybin's agent and Crabtree's agent, chosen the design for Chernobyl's reactor, created the 'tuck' rule, and advised the Bills to draft Mike Williams and J. P. Losman.

Too early to label Losman a bust IMO. Let him get back on track in the UFL and come back to the League before you make such a harsh assessment of him.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, the agent who is negotiating Maybin's contract, Chelsea Fields, is also from Penn State. This might be the great Penn State Vouching Conspiracy.

and most fans want to see Maybin in camp already....so they must be vouching for him as well...and JoePa prob told the Bills FO he was a good guy so He obviously is a terrible coach and leader.....

and most fans want to see Maybin in camp already....so they must be vouching for him as well...and JoePa prob told the Bills FO he was a good guy so He obviously is a terrible coach and leader.....

Mother Vouching SOB!

Somehow I bet "vouch" "vouching" "vouched for" are going to be the buzzwords around TBD this season... :doh:

Chroise is so 2008.

(Dean please see my post and link in the Brett Favre thread... that's just for you and your outstanding musical taste) :rolleyes:

Too early to label Losman a bust IMO. Let him get back on track in the UFL and come back to the League before you make such a harsh assessment of him.

Losman didn't go to Penn State although Pitt was gonna recruit him...until his high school coach wouldn't vouch for him. But his high school coach himself was not recruited by Pitt when he was a player. Even though his high school coach vouched for him. So there might have been hard feelings involved. I agree with Crayonz. Poz should have attended Tulane. Then his judgment wouldn't be being scrutinized right now.

If Maybin holds out much longer, I'm done with Poz. He started this whole vouchgate thing and now he'd better get it straightened out.

Losman didn't go to Penn State although Pitt was gonna recruit him...until his high school coach wouldn't vouch for him. But his high school coach himself was not recruited by Pitt when he was a player. Even though his high school coach vouched for him. So there might have been hard feelings involved. I agree with Crayonz. Poz should have attended Tulane. Then his judgment wouldn't be being scrutinized right now.

If Maybin holds out much longer, I'm done with Poz. He started this whole vouchgate thing and now he'd better get it straightened out.

I can honestly vouch for the sincerity of this post.

Now, I'd like #55 please, just like my hero, Biscuit. Ohh, and a $1 mil per year contract for 3 years so we don't burst our cap. Thanks.

Crayonz is obviously insane ... he is forgetting the fact that Poz could have told them that Maybin was a child-molesting axe murderer and if Ralph wanted him, that's who the Bills were taking.

Seriously, the whole premise is off because rookie holdouts are hardly the only measure of football character. Jim Kelly essentially held out for 3 years from the Bills before arriving. Henry Jones had an extended holdout to start his career. Did they not leave it all on the field when they played? I am sure we could come up with 100 more examples from around the league. It's not fair to judge Maybin yet, let alone judge Poz, who didn't even really play with the kid because Maybin was redshirted Poz's last year at Penn State.

Another twist on the insane holdout of Maybin is how it shapes our defensive team leadership. If you look at our defense, there are four potential team leaders based on position, ability and personality. They are:

Stroud

Schoebel

Whitner

Poz

MS and AS are the strong silent types and not really potential team leaders. This leaves Poz and Whitner.

Before the draft, it is almost certain that Poz was asked his opinion of Maybin not only from an ability point of view, but also his worth as a teammate. His reviews must have been at least decent. He did not wave any red flags or the Bills would have passed on Maybin.

Given recent events, the Bills brass is almost certainly questioning Poz's ability to assess character. This is a critical part of leadership and there is no way Poz can be viewed well at this point.

This leaves Whitner as our defensive team leader for the forseeable future. Personally, I have no problem with this but I know some do. In a way I feel bad for Poz but he should have done his homework.

What on earth does this have to do with character??? He is negotiating a contract for his services, not donating a kidney. I think a guy who ignores the financial needs of his family has character issues. The Bills are trying to win a championship, they are not researching a cure for cancer or planning to invade Iran.

Did you ever put a purchase offer in on a house? Did you negotiate the best price you could get? If you did, you are a greedy, characterless, morally bankrupt bastard; based on your logic anyway.

And here is another flash Mrs. Cravitz, Maybin's financial affairs are none of your business.

Another twist on the insane holdout of Maybin is how it shapes our defensive team leadership. If you look at our defense, there are four potential team leaders based on position, ability and personality. They are:

Stroud

Schoebel

Whitner

Poz

MS and AS are the strong silent types and not really potential team leaders. This leaves Poz and Whitner.

Before the draft, it is almost certain that Poz was asked his opinion of Maybin not only from an ability point of view, but also his worth as a teammate. His reviews must have been at least decent. He did not wave any red flags or the Bills would have passed on Maybin.

Given recent events, the Bills brass is almost certainly questioning Poz's ability to assess character. This is a critical part of leadership and there is no way Poz can be viewed well at this point.

This leaves Whitner as our defensive team leader for the forseeable future. Personally, I have no problem with this but I know some do. In a way I feel bad for Poz but he should have done his homework.

:rolleyes::doh:

This one was well done! I'm not sure which is funnier....the fact that you thought this one out pretty well, or the people that actually respond to you while thinking you are for real. Priceless.

What on earth does this have to do with character??? He is negotiating a contract for his services, not donating a kidney. I think a guy who ignores the financial needs of his family has character issues. The Bills are trying to win a championship, they are not researching a cure for cancer or planning to invade Iran.

Did you ever put a purchase offer in on a house? Did you negotiate the best price you could get? If you did, you are a greedy, characterless, morally bankrupt bastard; based on your logic anyway.

And here is another flash Mrs. Cravitz, Maybin's financial affairs are none of your business.

OK, now the thread is a success.

FWIW, I recognized the insanity immediately. But, I'd been waiting for a Poz thread to contribute to as I see a marked improvement in his play on the field, which is going to greatly contribute to getting our D off the field much more this year.

Suprizingly few threads about him have appeared here. Is it because we have all come to expect that he take the big step this year? If so, it's newsworthy that he has. I think we have the makings of a long time pro-bowler here.

Anyway, crayonz' is the first thread I've seen in a long time about Poz, so I chimed in on my thoughts. College kids character issues notwithstanding..

OK, now the thread is a success.

Precisely what prompted my post in this thread. Unreal.

I know right? And that's from a poster who's obviously been here awhile and seemingly would have realized that crayonz is up to his usual antics? :rolleyes:

A checkout clerk at Wal-Mart demanding to be paid like Bill Gates is also looking out for his family. You have to know where you're at. If you don't at first well then hey, that happens to all of us. If you continue to dig in your heels even after reality strikes, you have low character.