How will Billicheck stop the no huddle?

He'll send Wilfork after TE early and often, just like he did against JP that time. Once TE is out of the game, the "no huddle" won't matter.

I'm willing to take wagers as I've been predicting for awhile now that Wood is going to smack Wilfork under the chin strap and go absolutely Dobler on his ass. If Wilfork cheap shots TE, it won't be like it was when JP went down and NO OLman even LOOKED in Wilfork's direction. It'll be different this time. Wilfork will find out in no uncertain terms this isn't Melvin Fowler and Duke Preston lining up against him. We've got three legit uglies from G to G this year and nobody will intimidate them.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My local watering hole still has the old dishes and receivers as back-ups to the HD systems and had many but not all of the games this weekend. If they have access to the game I may put off Auggie till a weekend when I spend the whole weekend AND watch the game. Of course, if they aren't able to get it I probably will head up because I need a break from O-Town for a day or two. If that's the case i'll get in touch and maybe we'll get a chance to have a few pints. Thanks for the suggestions and the info.

I look forward to it. If I find out anything different, I will let you know.

I'm willing to take wagers as I've been predicting for awhile now that Wood is going to smack Wilfork under the chin strap and go absolutely Dobler on his ass. If Wilfork cheap shots TE, it won't be like it was when JP went down and NO OLman even LOOKED in Wilfork's direction. It'll be different this time. Wilfork will find out in no uncertain terms this isn't Melvin Fowler and Duke Preston lining up against him. We've got three legit uglies from G to G this year and nobody will intimidate them.

GO BILLS!!!

Ummm, Levitre has a ton of work to do before he can even think about being effective against someone like Wilfork. If Andy keeps playing this high against Wilfork, he will be tossed around like meat all game.

I'm starting to see it with Wood though. At Canton, I saw him up close, and my god, he is a physical specimen. Love the guy.

He'll send Wilfork after TE early and often, just like he did against JP that time. Once TE is out of the game, the "no huddle" won't matter.

Shoot, he'll make Jauron wish he never heard of the no huddle. He'll play a ball control offense against the Bills' D and a few 3-and-outs by the Bills' offense will be enough to make Dick crazy.

Belicheat was an incredible defensive coordinator. It should be noted that Parcells never won a Super Bowl without Bill B as his DC.

With that said, the Giants' D didn't "stop the no huddle" in SB 25. The Bills managed to gain 371 yards in that game, in under 20 minutes of total offensive possession time. The Bills gained an average of 6.6 yards per offensive play. The Giants managed 5.3 yards. But they had the ball for over 40 minutes.

The Giants running offense stopped the Bills in that game. That and 150 missed tackles of Ingram on a 3rd and long.

Anyone who thinks letting a team gain 371 yards in 20 minutes constitutes "stopping them" then they must think the Bills D is terrific.

yes exactly.Ohh Fred Smerlas...if only we had paid him the 500k he was asking for...

Ummm, Levitre has a ton of work to do before he can even think about being effective against someone like Wilfork. If Andy keeps playing this high against Wilfork, he will be tossed around like meat all game.

I'm starting to see it with Wood though. At Canton, I saw him up close, and my god, he is a physical specimen. Love the guy.

Agree on Levitre. He needs some work as he tends to raise up too high coming out of the crouch on the snap. But that IS correctable. But he recovers well and is very strong as well possessing a mean streak. Wilfork is in for a surprise if he thinks it's the same old same old. That's all I'm saying on the matter.

GO BILLS!!!

I think the bigger question is....how are we going to stop them? Hell, if a miracle happens and we score 30 pts, where's the evidence that we can hold them under 40? This is basically the same defense.

It was funny, I was watching the Bucs game and John Lynch was the color man. He kept saying that the reason their Tampa 2 defense was so successful was because of their four man pass rush. And he went on to say that other teams shouldn't really copy that defense unless they can bring heat with their front four guys.....

Ummmmmmmm, ok then. I think this speaks volumes about our staff. :blink:

So all we need is a circa-2002 Simeon Rice and Warren Sapp, and we're good to go?

Yikes.

So all we need is a circa-2002 Simeon Rice and Warren Sapp, and we're good to go?

Yikes.

Yeah, it was kind of depressing hearing that. lol. The more Bucs you hear talk about that Tampa 2....including Warren Sapp and some of the coaches from it, the more all of them say you need a pass rush. ALL of them say that's the key.

And there's the blueprint to our problem.......basically our roster!

Agree on Levitre. He needs some work as he tends to raise up too high coming out of the crouch on the snap. But that IS correctable. But he recovers well and is very strong as well possessing a mean streak. Wilfork is in for a surprise if he thinks it's the same old same old. That's all I'm saying on the matter.

GO BILLS!!!

I hear ya. I'm not a Jauron and staff supporter, so I watch for things like this. In one week, Levitre made ZERO progress in playing high. None. Give this guy to Miami, NE or NY, and his ass would be playing lower by now. We'll see this week. Let's see if some progress is made.

Yikes.

I watched the preseason game as well, with the Buc's vs Tenn and John Lynch was in the broadcast booth, he stated the Tampa 2 is a great defense provided you have a great pass rush... :blink:

So Yea, the Bills could use a Warren sap and Simeon Rice, along with LB Derrick Brooks, S John Lynch and CB Ronde Barber.

GO BILLS!!!

What is with this love for Wood? Because he does well against the stout Bills D-Line in practice? I don't think Wilfork is sitting up worrying about this guy, especially since Wood was completely mauled by Myron Pryor (the Pats 6th round pick) in college.

What is with this love for Wood? Because he does well against the stout Bills D-Line in practice? I don't think Wilfork is sitting up worrying about this guy, especially since Wood was completely mauled by Myron Pryor (the Pats 6th round pick) in college.

afcfan1. Haven't seen much of this clueless troll in a while.

You just know he will have a plan, it might even be legal :wacko:

I went to the Sunday night game two years ago when Brady and the Pats just killed the Bills. I can't remember the score, something like 56-10. It was demoralizing in so many ways. To me talent difference between the teams hasn't changed that much. Owens makes the Bills a better team but the Bills will have to play a perfect or near perfect game to have any chance. Even then you have DJ who inexplicably is still the HC! :blink:

I'd be interested in whateve link you can provide of the game where he was mauled by Pryor. All the college tape I've seen of Wood suggests differently.

No, the respect for Wood comes from watching how he played in college and how he's played so far this offseason. He NEVER quits on a play. And he looks to run his blocks into the ground until the whistle blow. I hope Wilfork tries the "welcome to the NFL" bit on him. Wood is not above returning the favor in the form of a cheap shot of his own.

GO BILLS!!!

I went to the Sunday night game two years ago when Brady and the Pats just killed the Bills. I can't remember the score, something like 56-10. It was demoralizing in so many ways. To me talent difference between the teams hasn't changed that much. Owens makes the Bills a better team but the Bills will have to play a perfect or near perfect game to have any chance. Even then you have DJ who inexplicably is still the HC! :blink:

And what's yet worse.....other than everyone who gave the Bills glowing reviews for scoring a whopping three points yesterday with their first team O......Tom Brady comes back from a year off of football, and racks up points for the Pats like he never missed a game. Add to that fact, that the Eagles didn't get anywhere near Brady, as their line looks just as good as it always has.

The only good thing one can take away from TB's game vs. Philly is that he wasn't fully stepping in to every throw during their game. He threw a few balls either flat footed or off of his back foot. However, the fact that he WAS stepping into most of his throws, means that he can, and as soon as his confidence comes back fully, he'll be the best in the league again.

Sucks!

You just know he will have a plan, it might even be legal :blink:

Using the better players they have on their team. Name one player on our starting D that would start over one of their players? Maybe Mcgee. That's it. With regard to the O the story is the same. Maybe Evans and TO are interchangeable with Moss and Welker. Maybe beast mode is better than Maroney when he isn't smoking the tree. That's it folks....

They draft later every year but are better at almost every postion. Who do you blame????

One thing not mentioned in the accounts of Bill Belichick's roll as DC for the Giants in Super Bowl 25 is that one tactic the Giants used to slow the Bills down in that game was to fake injuries to prevent the quick snapping of the ball.

I'll repeat it. The Giants faked injuries to slow down the Bills' K-Gun attack in the Super Bowl. I believe that this illegal ploy eventually led to the rule requiring a team to be charged with a timeout if they can't get their injured player off the field before the snap.

I'm not saying that this tactic affected the outcome of the game but I am saying that the Giants violated the spirit of sportsmanship in that Super Bowl. Others might describe their fake injuries as cheating, and I wouldn't argue with that characterization.