Jauron comment

This sums everything up. After the little scrum between the players a few days ago Jauron was asked about it. His comment was that its never a good thing and could lead to bad things in a game...he then went on to say that the coaches cant really stop it or get in the middle of it at practice! Are you F'in kidding me. Dick....your the HC, get a grip on your team. If they have all that energy to fight line them up and sprint them until their heart pops. Opinions everyone?

This sums everything up. After the little scrum between the players a few days ago Jauron was asked about it. His comment was that its never a good thing and could lead to bad things in a game...he then went on to say that the coaches cant really stop it or get in the middle of it at practice! Are you F'in kidding me. Dick....your the HC, get a grip on your team. If they have all that energy to fight line them up and sprint them until their heart pops. Opinions everyone?

Wait, why don't you go argue with all the people who said, "we need more fights in practice to show fire, despite Jauron's weakness... blah blah blah."

Cripes, you Dick-haters need to get on the same page!

I certainly wouldn't get in the middle of 2 NFL lineman fighting.

The complete opposite of Rex Ryan's comments:

Punches were thrown while tempers flared at a rough and tumble practice at Jets training camp Monday. And coach Rex Ryan couldn't have been more pleased.

"Hey, we had a little rock 'em, sock 'em robots out there," Ryan said with a grin.

Obviously, Ryan doesn't want his players brawling on a regular basis, but he recently told them the "rules of engagement" for fighting.

"People go in there and break up fights, but there's an art to doing it," Ryan said, adding that offensive players need to pull off defensive players, and vice versa.

"The reason you do that is because your buddy can get another shot in on somebody," Ryan said, smiling. "You don't want to pull off your guy and he gets hit. I mean, that's just the way it is."

Its !@#$ing coachspeak. Criticize Dick for the real flaws -- clock management, adjustments--but don't make up sh--. He's just being a coach...

“I don’t want players to think that all of a sudden it’s good to fight, cause it’s never good to fight,” he said. “Bad things always happen.” Herm Edwards after a fight in training camp in 07.

Jim Zorn, head coach of the Washington Redskins, states, "Football is a physical sport, there is a fine line between being extremely combative every play, and maintaining composure once the whistle blows." He goes on to say, "I will not condone fighting; too much energy is wasted in a fight. As a coach I have to ask myself how to get players to focus their energy into productive play execution."

Arguably the most intense coach in the NFL-Singletary:

With another training camp starting Saturday, Davis said that this year he plans to keep his inner-Muhammad Ali under control. For one thing, Mike Singletary has no patience for fights in practice. Previous coach Mike Nolan would let guys trade blows now and then, reasoning that fights demonstrated passion.

Singletary just finds them wasted energy.

“I agree with him,’’ Davis said. “I don’t think there should be fighting. We don’t have time for that. We need to move on and keep things moving and try to win games.”

Davis said that if players fight, Singletary will stop practice and make the whole team run. So the tight end vowed to keep his cool, even if he practiced with the same intensity.

Punches were thrown while tempers flared at a rough and tumble practice at Jets training camp Monday. And coach Rex Ryan couldn't have been more pleased.

"Hey, we had a little rock 'em, sock 'em robots out there," Ryan said with a grin.

Obviously, Ryan doesn't want his players brawling on a regular basis, but he recently told them the "rules of engagement" for fighting.

"People go in there and break up fights, but there's an art to doing it," Ryan said, adding that offensive players need to pull off defensive players, and vice versa.

"The reason you do that is because your buddy can get another shot in on somebody," Ryan said, smiling. "You don't want to pull off your guy and he gets hit. I mean, that's just the way it is."

Emotion and pride have no place in football. Players should exhibit stoic discipline at all times since they must accept that their success or ultimate failure could hinge on a simple gust of wind at the end of a game. Speaking of which, it was an interesting day weather-wise.

Seriously though, the Bills have had, what, one fight? Big whoop.

He's a real class guy--just like his daddy.

He better win in NY because Jet fans just love to get on the ass of folks who talk big and don't deliver.

Wait, why don't you go argue with all the people who said, "we need more fights in practice to show fire, despite Jauron's weakness... blah blah blah."

Cripes, you Dick-haters need to get on the same page!

I wasnt one of them. Fighting shows a lack of discipline....rewind to the Pats game last year. What a joke!

This guy is soft.He wants his players to play soft.A little bit of anger can maybe be the difference in a win and a loss.