Bills Starters Will Not See Much More Playing Time Saturday

sven233

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, the outrage should be proportional to the definition of "starters" If he's referring to having Trent, Marshawn, Freddie, and Lee play one or two series, I'm sort of ok with that in this game. But the starting OL better be in there for at least the entire first half.

You forgot:

Preference to be optimistic rather than pessimistic.

Preference to build up rather than tear down (tearing down is easy. any p*ssy can do it).

Preference to believe there are other things in life that outweigh the performance of a bunch of well-paid athletes that play a GAME for a living.

Disdain for the taste of piss on their cornflakes (some people around here actually LIKE it).

The ability to recognize a troll when they see one.

GO BILLS!!!

I love to hear from the Pitchfork and Torches Society! Denk you veddy much!

How many times have we been in the end zone? How many drives by the starting offense haven't ended in a turnover yet?

Can we at least see some positives on offense before we sit them on the bench?

I am not saying to play them the entire half, but more than 1 series, that does not end in a turnover, would be nice.

Exactly. It's one thing when your execution is flawless and you take the ball right down the field and into the end zone. But when your starters are confused and blowing assignments, why just give up an opportunity to have them go at full-speed against players they don't see every day so you can get a little more tape on the kids on the bubble that may or may not make roster spots 45-53?

In very basic terms, for years, most teams have their starters play a quarter in the first game, a little less than a half in the second game, into the third quarter in the third game, and very little in the fourth game. Obviously this varies from team-to-team and player to player, but that is what usually happens. And of course, the Bills have five games this year.

Also, a lot depends on how the game plays out. The coach may wish to play his starters 2-3 series, but if either his offense or defense is on the field for an excess period of time, they cut it short to see the back-ups because that is equally important to them (have film on the fringe players in order to make the tough decisions on cuts).

The Bills aren't playing this much different than any team. And like GG aptly put it above, the first team OL are really the ones that need the work together and they got it in the first game and will likely get it again.

I love to hear from the Pitchfork and Torches Society! Denk you veddy much!

That's no surprise since you remind us of that toothless old lady in the mob yelling, "Guillotine, guillotine," as she knitted while awaiting the executioner's arrival.

Something tells me you sleep while hanging upside down and try to avoid sunlight as much as possible, too. Or perhaps you just reside under a bridge like most trolls.

GO BILLS!!!

That's no surprise since you remind us of that toothless old lady in the mob yelling, "Guillotine, guillotine," as she knitted while awaiting the executioner's arrival.

Something tells me you sleep while hanging upside down and try to avoid sunlight as much as possible, too. Or perhaps you just reside under a bridge like most trolls.

GO BILLS!!!

Here's your little crew:

Pitchfork and Torches Society - group photo

But the starting OL better be in there for at least the entire first half.

No. There is no "starting" OL yet established. Sad but true.

They traded a player, cut some. They would be nuts to simply anoint a starting line based on draft selection or off-season trades or acquisition.

Having that extra HOF game is a useful happenstance for a team that chopped up their OL. They can with hope get some insight, and begin to set the starters in game 2, instead of the usual game 3. Get some idea about bench players.

That they choose to use this no-huddle thing when their OL is up in the air, still mystifies me.

Please refrain from distributing or disseminating any links, photos, or other materials from competitor organizations. I hold exclusive contractual rights with any mob formed on, in, or because of TwoBillsDrive.com.

Thanks,

T&F

OK, but how about seminating?

If this team made me as miserable as apparently it makes you, I won't post nearly 700 times in a month about them.

Damn straight.

All real fans should be peacock proud if the team they root for can't ever get its sh-- together or they should simply find a new pastime altogether to save the "proud to be mediocre" peacocks the trouble of facing reality.

:blink:

Well, so much for getting more time for the Starters on Saturday. The coaching staff must think this is a team of players who have been to the Super Bowl the last few years. Here is clip from WGR55's practice report from tonight with Dick's comments about playing time for Saturday:

"This isn't going to make some of you happy when you read what Jauron had to say about starters playing time on Saturday, "About the same. We're not looking to play them significantly more than we did a week ago. If they do, it'd be a few more plays. Then we'll proceed into the preseason kind of along the same lines.""

SOURCE: http://www.wgr550.com/Owens-sits-while-Bil...ot-play/5003119

Glad we have a team that has played together for so long now and has the system perfected.

maybe this is jaurons master plan to not let new england have any game tape on the bills?......bytheway i am joking lol lol

Well, so much for getting more time for the Starters on Saturday. The coaching staff must think this is a team of players who have been to the Super Bowl the last few years. Here is clip from WGR55's practice report from tonight with Dick's comments about playing time for Saturday:

"This isn't going to make some of you happy when you read what Jauron had to say about starters playing time on Saturday, "About the same. We're not looking to play them significantly more than we did a week ago. If they do, it'd be a few more plays. Then we'll proceed into the preseason kind of along the same lines.""

SOURCE: http://www.wgr550.com/Owens-sits-while-Bil...ot-play/5003119

Glad we have a team that has played together for so long now and has the system perfected.

not too bid of a deal. Most teams play their starters the most in the 3rd and 4th preseaon game, and remember we have 5 this year