I'm enjoying the usual pre-season meltdown

todd

I'll start out by saying I predict an 8-8 season, which is unacceptable, but reality. I'll also say that my opinions are usually panglossian to a fault.

That said, the usual post-preseason game meltdown has been hilariously extreme this year. Every thread I read has turned into an everything Bills-related hatefest. I could start a thread that says, "the water boy is doing a great job of delivering water" and it would turn into a thread about how Edwards should deliver a ball even if someone had grabbed his balls and stretched them into his shoes, let alone have an offensive lineman pushed into his throw.

Anyway, some things to remember:

1. The owner of the Buffalo Bills was just inducted into the HOF!

2. Bruce Smith was inducted into the HOF!

3. We are 0-0 and anything could happen!

Not only that, two things can happen this year, either of which should make any real Bills fan happy:

1. The Bills make the playoffs.

2. Bills don't make the playoffs, and DJ gets fired.

Those are both excellent outcomes, so how can anyone be upset?

We can be upset because life is about the journey, and the journey this team has been on the past 3 years sucks. And I am skeptical it will be any better this year.

3 years? Dude, try 9. Playoffs or new coach. How can that upset you?

3 years? Dude, try 9. Playoffs or new coach. How can that upset you?

Sorry, I meant 3 years under Dick.

This team doesn't upset me anymore, or at least not as much since I adopted San Diego last year as my 2nd favorite team. They don't disappoint like the Bills do. So, I am a much happier camper nowadays :unsure:

I don't like how the Bills seem to play soft. We have no identity. Hopefully that changes this year. Regardless, Go Chargers :unsure:

Not only that, two things can happen this year, either of which should make any real Bills fan happy:

You're just being panglossian again. What if DJ doesn't get fired? :unsure:

well, this'll solve things: has anyone thought of starting a thread on whether the Bills should go after Michael Vick? now i'm sure everyone will be on board with that, right? can't believe no one's thoughta that.

jw

Rabble-rouser. You too, Sisyphean.

I can agree with numbers 1 and 2 above. The big problem with number 1 is that if the Bills do make the playoffs, DJ will be the one preparing the team for that game.

While I agree with the general drift of your post the final point is one I would argue. If Jauron is not qualified he should not get a bye season. I understand the desire for continuity but a new coach generally equals rebuilding. I would rather start sooner than later. Jaroun"s defensive concept is worn out. No new coach coming in is likely to retain it. Therefore there is a total rebuild coming on that side of the ball. With the O it depends on whether the line gells and if Trent comes on. If so, there are your building blocks. If not - rebuild.

I hope Jauron pulls a bunny out of the hat and makes the playoffs but I doubt it will occur.

There are other, scarier, options.

#3, the Bills miraculously go 9-7, miss the playoffs again and keep Jauron.

#4, the Bills go 7-9 again but are seen as "better" since it's a tougher schedule and keep Jauron

of course, there's always the nuclear option...

#5, the Bills implode, Ralph dies, the team is sold to an out of town interest, and your enduring memory is of a 3 win debacle complete with TO in full on diva meltdown mode.

Just trying to keep it sunny fellas...

I'll start out by saying I predict an 8-8 season, which is unacceptable, but reality. I'll also say that my opinions are usually panglossian to a fault.

That said, the usual post-preseason game meltdown has been hilariously extreme this year. Every thread I read has turned into an everything Bills-related hatefest. I could start a thread that says, "the water boy is doing a great job of delivering water" and it would turn into a thread about how Edwards should deliver a ball even if someone had grabbed his balls and stretched them into his shoes, let alone have an offensive lineman pushed into his throw.

Three things can happen in any give season:

Things get better

Things get worse

Things stay the same

Given the "Things Stayed the Same, 7 & 9 & No Playoffs" scenario the last 3 years under Jauron, I would expect everyone to be upset. Unless everyone's on propofol drips.

It is who we are, Todd. We are powerless to fight it.

:o