Peter King says that the Bills are committed to winning this season.

LIBills

Link?

I haven't seen the article in its entirety, so it's a safe assumption that there is more to the story than "The Bills are committed to Winning".

But, if not....

Jesus, what a moron. "The Bills are committed to Winning". Really? Show me ONE franchise that isn't?!?! Before you start with the usual "Ralph Sucks", "Al Davis Sucks", "Matt Millen was fired for sucking so bad" garbage, think for a moment. What owner/GM goes into the season NOT wanting a championship....if only for the money (publicity, ticket sales, stadium revenue, etc.)? Imagine the headline "Giants Committed to Losing".

Aside from being the Pats* full-time love tool, how do people like Peter King make a living by chundering this crap?

Really.

Keeping Jauron shows a major commitment to winning, doesn't it.

And I thought King was a well-informed reporter.

I guess King loses all respect with this comment.

This also was the guy who was impressed by JP Losman after visiting the Bills preseason camp two years ago.

This also was the guy who was impressed by JP Losman after visiting the Bills preseason camp two years ago.

JP looked good in '06. Tell me he didn't look like he was on the rise and I'll say you're not being honest :unsure: Seriously though, pretty much everyone hated the retention of Jauron and maybe even Fewell (alot of people on this board despise the "Tampa 2") for that matter. This team needs a REAL leader as the head coach. Do we have one? I'm not sold on that thought. Either way, it is what it is so I'm optimistic and hopeful right now that we have a playoff contender. Failure this season can easily be placed on a "young and revamped OL", but if we fail to make the playoffs I say look no further than the passive mediocrity on the sidelines.

Is any team in the NFL not committed to winning? Isn't that kinda the whole point of pro sports? There is no "they tried their best"....

Cough. Well, actually ... check out some of these quotes.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1503549

"The guys played hard today. We wish we could win every game. It's tough to win in the NFL. We just have to go back to work."

Is any team in the NFL not committed to winning? Isn't that kinda the whole point of pro sports? There is no "they tried their best"....

Exhibit A, the LA Clippers.

"Hi, we show up. Thanks for coming out. Can we get our checks now?"

...and they make money.

IIRC the Raiders have been "Committed to Excellence" for quite some time now. Unless Al Davis' asylum is actually called "Excellence" I'd say that's really just for marketing purposes wouldn't you?

Really.

No, he doesn't. No more than you do. It's stupid to pretend that one sentence in one story would cancel out a tremendous career, even if you happen to disagree.

And particularly when you don't even bother to give a link or even use a quotation. Is this the quote you meant?

"8. I think, the more I watch football this summer, Vick's new team should be the Bills. Nothing against Trent Edwards. I just think the Bills are in it to win it this year."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ.../09/mmqb/4.html

Actually, he just won the extremely prestigious McCann award. "The impressive list of previous winners of the Dick McCann Memorial Award, given in recognition of long and distinguished reporting in the field of pro football, includes such well-known sports journalists as Dave Anderson, John Clayton, Arthur Daley, Larry Felser, Will McDonough, Bob Oates, Len Shapiro, and Paul Zimmerman. A complete list of past winners can be found on the Hall's website at Profootballhof.com."

http://www.neworleans.com/sports/local-spo...ard-winner.html

Adam Schefter's tribute to Peter King for winning the McCann award, with admiring quotes from Dick Ebersol, Roger Goodell, Jerry Jones, and John Mara.

Final quote: "Peter King is, in every way, a Hall of Famer."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/foot...fter/index.html

Really.

Or maybe you just don't want to accept the fact that the Bills have not been a more talented team than 7-9, even when the rest of the sports world easily grasps that rather simple concept.

Or maybe you just don't want to accept the fact that the Bills have not been a more talented team than 7-9, even when the rest of the sports world easily grasps that rather simple concept.

And drafting guys like Byrd in the 2nd round when we have Kelsay on the team and Everette Brown on the board, will keep that talent level low.

JP looked good in '06. Tell me he didn't look like he was on the rise and I'll say you're not being honest :o Seriously though, pretty much everyone hated the retention of Jauron and maybe even Fewell (alot of people on this board despise the "Tampa 2") for that matter. This team needs a REAL leader as the head coach. Do we have one? I'm not sold on that thought. Either way, it is what it is so I'm optimistic and hopeful right now that we have a playoff contender. Failure this season can easily be placed on a "young and revamped OL", but if we fail to make the playoffs I say look no further than the passive mediocrity on the sidelines.

I am a huge Bills fan but come on, what top 10 coach or top 10 free agent wants to come to WNY to a team whose ownership/entire organization is one 91 year old heartbeat away from completely changing? The Jaurons and ex-D or O coordinators or ex-college coaches of the world are all this franchise is going to get until the team gets fresh long term financially committed ownership and moves somewhere the rock stars of the NFL elite what to relocate to. Sorry, we are kind of stuck with what we have. We will get the castoffs (T.O., DJ, Stroud, Drayton Florence-types) until this franchise moves forward and decided it wants to compete in this league.

So let the merry go round begin again, as I believe DJ is gone by week 10and the whole 're building thing" starts again for the ump teenth time...

JP looked good in '06. Tell me he didn't look like he was on the rise and I'll say you're not being honest :o Seriously though, pretty much everyone hated the retention of Jauron and maybe even Fewell (alot of people on this board despise the "Tampa 2") for that matter. This team needs a REAL leader as the head coach. Do we have one? I'm not sold on that thought. Either way, it is what it is so I'm optimistic and hopeful right now that we have a playoff contender. Failure this season can easily be placed on a "young and revamped OL", but if we fail to make the playoffs I say look no further than the passive mediocrity on the sidelines.

You are hereby banished to the "Bad Cliche" board. <_<

How terrible is your team's ownership that someone actually has to announce that the team is committed to win in a particular season?

That's not really what happened. Rather, PK says we should sign Vick because the Bills are "in it to win it this year."