Am I the only one who doesn't have a problem with Fisher

eball

I mean, come on -- at least the guy is into the game and trying to have fun. It was preseason and he had a substitute punter in the game. He gave the fans something to get excited about in a meaningless game. Good for him.

No.

The idea is to score points within the parameters of the rulebook. Got no problem with it.

If the Bills defenders weren't faked out and didn't over-pursue, the Bills could have prevented the TD and possibly the 1st down. They blew it, plain and simple.

Don't see anyone from this board pointing fingers of dissent when Moorman takes off with the ball on a fake punt.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no gripe with any NFL coach who strives to win at all times, even in a meaningless game...that's the objective of the game at that level. With Rex Ryan at the Jets, now there's three opposing coaches in the AFC East who will operate like Fisher...pull out the stops and win.

When the camera would pan to Jauron after Fisher...I started thinking, "I wonder if Jauron gets his inspiration from Ralph Wiggum quotes?"

:unsure:

Terry McAulay and I think the 1999 Stanley Cup officiating crew. I'm not bitter though!

Nope, that was the Patriots-Bills game in 1998 where Troy Brown not only caught the ball short of the line of gain but also out of bounds. I think that was Walt Coleman's crew, no? That game led to the Bills playing in Miami instead of the Dolphins playing in Buffalo, in the playoffs.

I do. Guy's a damn good coach.

Same here Lori, I think he's a hell of Coach and I think the play was for more than just fun in a preseason game. The league will have to be much more careful during the season when playing Mr. Fisher because the trick could come from anywhere on any play.

He's agressive, smart, and willing to take calculated riskes, that's a Coach!

I don't mind Dick J. but I wish he would lighten up a bit and take a more imaginative approach to the game, which is what I see in a Coach like Fisher. Dick's got the basics down but has shown a lack of the gambler instinct in him that can win those extra couple of games.

Nope, that was the Patriots-Bills game in 1998 where Troy Brown not only caught the ball short of the line of gain but also out of bounds. I think that was Walt Coleman's crew, no? That game led to the Bills playing in Miami instead of the Dolphins playing in Buffalo, in the playoffs.

Shawn Jefferson. Believe you're correct about Coleman, though. And yes, by beating the Pats, the Bills would have finished a game ahead of Miami for the top wild-card seed.

I'd have a serious problem with that if it were run in the preseason.

I'd only have a problem with it because I wouldn't want to see Moorman get hit and injured on a useless play.

Sunday's fake punt...only problem I had with it is that apparently no one on the Bills saw it coming. Maybe it wasn't obvious on the field...but as soon as the flanker went in motion, it was obvious to me.

But other than that...who cares? It's preseason.

I'd only have a problem with it because I wouldn't want to see Moorman get hit and injured on a useless play.

Sunday's fake punt...only problem I had with it is that apparently no one on the Bills saw it coming. Maybe it wasn't obvious on the field...but as soon as the flanker went in motion, it was obvious to me.

But other than that...who cares? It's preseason.

I think that the players knew that a fake was coming and all their attention was focused on the flanker who ran the reverse. No one bothered to see that the punter put the ball behind his back.

I wonder why "Stay in your lanes" isn't a big sign in every Bills practice facility?

I think that the players knew that a fake was coming and all their attention was focused on the flanker who ran the reverse. No one bothered to see that the punter put the ball behind his back.

I wonder why "Stay in your lanes" isn't a big sign in every Bills practice facility?

Especially after their history with the Titans, trick plays on special teams, and staying in your lanes. :unsure:

I didn't have a problem with it but I thought it wasn't a smart thing to break out in the pre-season. Try it in the regular season now and the return unit will just play contain on both edges.

I guess Fisher wanted to entertain the fans. kind of charitable i guess.

The Texans special teams coach, Joe Marciano was just on the radio,

he said there is an understanding or unwritten rule that trick plays in

preseaon games 1 and 2 are off limits. He said there will be payback

when the Bills/Titans meet in the regular season.

One one hand you can call it a low-rent move. On the other, pre-season is when you try stuff out. I say get over it. If anything Fisher blew his wad showing that play in the Hall of Fame game. Now everybody will be watching for it.

PTR

One one hand you can call it a low-rent move. On the other, pre-season is when you try stuff out. I say get over it. If anything Fisher blew his wad showing that play in the Hall of Fame game. Now everybody will be watching for it.

PTR

As I said in a previous thread, odds are strongly against the Titans' regular punter, Craig Hentrich, trying that play.