Surprise training camp cuts

sharper802

Every year there are surprise cuts made. Based on the fact he was playing late into this game and he did nothing meaningful in the game, I more than ever think Chris Ellis is going to get cut. I am not even sure he is going to make it past the first cut. If there is an unsigned veteran out there I would not be surprised if he gets signed this week by the Bills and Eliis is let go. Omon is probably the next most likely not to make it. Lynch's suspension may be the only thing that saves him for three weeks.

Your thoughts? Your likely candidates?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Every year there are surprise cuts made. Based on the fact he was playing late into this game and he did nothing meaningful in the game, I more than ever think Chris Ellis is going to get cut. I am not even sure he is going to make it past the first cut. If there is an unsigned veteran out there I would not be surprised if he gets signed this week by the Bills and Eliis is let go. Omon is probably the next most likely not to make it. Lynch's suspension may be the only thing that saves him for three weeks.

I was actually thinking about posting something similar about Ellis. I thought he looked good at camp, but he got owned all night by backups. Very dissapointing for a third rounder.

God I hated that pick!!! :wallbash::w00t::lol:

I'm with you on Ellis. Omon however didn't look that bad. A respectable #4. Honestly, as far as tonights game goes, you can only judge the progression of the 2nd 3rd and 4th teams. That being said, Ellis has to go, and Roscoe needs a chance.

i love the Bryd pick. We need turnovers. I think McCargo might turn the corner, and at least he showed early flashes.

You can't possibly know enough about Byrd to love the pick yet. But I know we need defensive line players, and we should have gone in that direction. We should have drafted Everette Brown. Did you see who the Titans drafted in the second round?

McCargo got schooled tonight by second stringers. He looked horrific.

You can't possibly know enough about Byrd to love the pick yet. But I know we need defensive line players, and we should have gone in that direction. We should have drafted Everette Brown. Did you see who the Titans drafted in the second round?

How can anyone hate it then? No one knows for sure about any of these kids yet. I like the idea of a ball hawking safety. His college highlights are impressive, and I think he will be a stud. I guess we'll see.

Omon is probably the next most likely not to make it. Lynch's suspension may be the only thing that saves him for three weeks.

You mean the one dude who moved the chains for us tonight? IMHO Omon earned a roster spot tonight...

Byrd was an outrage had he been fully healthy.

The fact that he was damaged goods too, adds insult to injury.

an outrage? LMAO

your impulsive quick-to-judge world must really be a bummer. how about we give the guy, i dont know, one game before we throw him to the wolves.

an outrage? LMAO

your impulsive quick-to-judge world must really be a bummer. how about we give the guy, i dont know, one game before we throw him to the wolves.

The oputrrage was not that the guy is not good, it is that we COULD have taken Everette Brown, a healthy guy in a need position.

No-one knows anything yet. If he turns out to be Ronnie Lott.... the pick itself was an outrage and very straight DJ drafting.

If Ashton Youboty doesn't get back on the field soon I could see the Bills possibly cutting ties with a guy who simply can't stay healthy. In my opinion either Youboty or Florence (an even bigger surprise) gets cut.

McKelvin, McGee, Corner in my opinion are definites. Ellis Lankster IMO has a legitimate shot to make the roster based on his camp. If a long shot like Lankster were to make the team and we only keep 5 CB's like we did last eyar, than it means goodbye to Youboty or Florence. The more likely scenario would be to have Lankster on the practice squad, but as you know practice squad players can sign with other teams. So, if the Bills really like Lankster or Harris I could see the scenario where Youboty or Florence get squeezed out.

Knowing Juaron's devotion toward veterans I think Florence would get the nod opver Youboty if the decision were to come down to the both of them. Or perhaps the Bills decide to keep 6 CB's and only 5 safeties (the inverse of last year), in which case no one surprising has to get cut.