Surprise training camp cuts

sharper802

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i love the Bryd pick. We need turnovers. I think McCargo might turn the corner, and at least he showed early flashes.

Would you rather have Byrd, or a first round pick in 2010 which the team picking behind us got? Imo it is an absolute no-brainer to go with the 2010 pick.

That doesn't make me correct mind you, but I put taking Byrd up there with passing on becautiful picks to draft Whitner. I don't think this idiocy will end until Jauron is gone.

Jmo.

Would you rather have Byrd, or a first round pick in 2010 which the team picking behind us got? Imo it is an absolute no-brainer to go with the 2010 pick.

That doesn't make me correct mind you, but I put taking Byrd up there with passing on becautiful picks to draft Whitner. I don't think this idiocy will end until Jauron is gone.

Jmo.

I see the McGahee pick as a better analogy. We did not need a running back, we had several HUGE needs, and we took one the first day that was seriously injured.

Almost perfect if you look at Byrd.

I see the McGahee pick as a better analogy. We did not need a running back, we had several HUGE needs, and we took one the first day that was seriously injured.

Almost perfect if you look at Byrd.

True. They passed on Steinbach to take MaGahee. At least this time they took 2 guards. I am not ready to toss Levitre aside after 1 bad showing. This is the NFL and he got schooled. He is learning a new position. He will be fine imo.

I was actually thinking about posting something similar about Ellis. I thought he looked good at camp, but he got owned all night by backups. Very dissapointing for a third rounder.

I didn't watch the second half but according to the box score Ellis had a decent game (4 tackles, 2 assists).

Every year there are surprise cuts made. Based on the fact he was playing late into this game and he did nothing meaningful in the game, I more than ever think Chris Ellis is going to get cut. I am not even sure he is going to make it past the first cut. If there is an unsigned veteran out there I would not be surprised if he gets signed this week by the Bills and Eliis is let go. Omon is probably the next most likely not to make it. Lynch's suspension may be the only thing that saves him for three weeks.Your thoughts? Your likely candidates?

Your list is pretty good up until the end. How could Lynch's suspension save him? He will still play in the preseason games and if they cut him they will cut him, suspension or not. Personally I think he is the best RB on the team and it would be a HUGE surprise if he were cut. HUGE. It doesn't make any sense.

If Lynch gets cut, which I doubt, it will be because of his suspension, not in spite of it IMO. Otherwise a good list.

I don't think too many cuts are going to be surprises. I don't like Xavier Omon---he doesn't have enough "burst" to play in the NFL. John Wendling is the current version of Josh Stamer, very good special teams player, but can't play his position and there's a lot of competition at safety. Chris Ellis isn't good.

Your list is pretty good up until the end. How could Lynch's suspension save him? He will still play in the preseason games and if they cut him they will cut him, suspension or not. Personally I think he is the best RB on the team and it would be a HUGE surprise if he were cut. HUGE. It doesn't make any sense.

If Lynch gets cut, which I doubt, it will be because of his suspension, not in spite of it IMO. Otherwise a good list.

What an idiot you must be. Can I suggest some remedial reading classes?

He wasn't saying that Lynch might be cut! He was talking about Lynch's 3 week suspension preserving Omon's roster spot for those 3 extra weeks.

Which, by the way, I disagree with. I think Omon, if he continues as he did last night, can earn a roster spot on the strength of his own merit.

I thought he looked quite good. I think he'll make the roster if they keep 4 backs and he maintains the instensity. Age may even be in favor over Rhodes if it comes down to those two.

Hall all but sealed his future with the botched kickoff, or punt, I forget which.

What an idiot you must be. Can I suggest some remedial reading classes?

He wasn't saying that Lynch might be cut! He was talking about Lynch's 3 week suspension preserving Omon's roster spot for those 3 extra weeks.

Which, by the way, I disagree with. I think Omon, if he continues as he did last night, can earn a roster spot on the strength of his own merit.

I thought he looked quite good. I think he'll make the roster if they keep 4 backs and he maintains the instensity. Age may even be in favor over Rhodes if it comes down to those two.

Hall all but sealed his future with the botched kickoff, or punt, I forget which.

Crayonz strikes again.

an outrage? LMAO

your impulsive quick-to-judge world must really be a bummer. how about we give the guy, i dont know, one game before we throw him to the wolves.

damaged goods? try knowing what your talking about before sticking your foot in your mouth. the injury is a very minor short term thing.

i suggest you put in your resume seeing you know more than the people that do this for a living.

by the way i guess brown dropped all the way from mid first to mid second was because every GM in the league was a moron and you know more.

give me a freaking break.

damaged goods? try knowing what your talking about before sticking your foot in your mouth. the injury is a very minor short term thing.

i suggest you put in your resume seeing you know more than the people that do this for a living.

by the way i guess brown dropped all the way from mid first to mid second was because every GM in the league was a moron and you know more.

i'm guessing you replied to the wrong guy? because that didn't make any sense.

Byrd will go on PUP for at least 1-3 weeks to begin the season. Mark this post and see if I'm not right.

Sports hernia is not minor surgery; removing a small benign cyst from your back is minor surgery. He underwent a real and invasive surgery for an uncertain injury, with uncertain recovery time, less than 2 weeks ago. Average recovery time is 8 weeks; Byrd is clearly damaged goods and it was well known when they drafted him. He played with it last year, this injury, all season.

PUP. No impact for 2009 in any event. Mcgahee, redux

From what I saw:

Cory McIntyre might not make the team. I don't know if there is a role for a fullback in the offense unless they consider him a premier special teams player. If not, I can't see any reason to keep him as they've decided to de-emphasize the fullback role. The other reason I see him getting cut is because I believe the Bills will keep Jonathan Stupar. Stupar is the only solid blocker we have at tight end and he appears to be a good receiver too. He made several nice catches and even on the play where Matt Baker attempted to get him killed, he bounced right back up after a helmet to helmet shot. The guy is a good football player (BTW I'm very concerned that Derek Schouman is the presumptive starter at tight end. He's 220 pounds and missed two key blocks last night in limited playing time). It looks like we're keeping Nelson, both Dereks, and Stupar to me. That means McIntyre is gone IMO.

John Wendling I'm very disappointed with. His third season and yes, he's a good special teams player for the most part but adds nothing as a safety. Also, he was the player who lost outside containment on the fake punt...I don't blame him completely for that because it was a very nicely executed fake. Still he was the outside containment guy.

Spencer Johnson is a 285 pound tackle who continues to get pushed around and blown off the ball. In addition I was very pleased with how Derrick Jones played at DT. He's 6'4" and 315 pounds and showed excellent quickness off the ball. He got called for encroachment once but he's the big, physical body this team needs in the interior defensive line and combines his size with good athleticism. Williams is a block of granite but he's small, McCargo is small, and Johnson is very small. I'd keep Jones over Johnson for sure.

These are the three guys that I could see getting cut this camp that might raise some eyebrows.