except for levitree

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will give credit to Levitre that he didn't get knocked over. he stayed on his feet while getting driven back. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he just needs to find his balance point or get in a lower set.

PTR

you don't say -

staying low while blocking

sounds like a novel concept

maybe something our coaches should be working on --

if we actually had practices where they hit and not just talked about technique

you don't say -

staying low while blocking

sounds like a novel concept

maybe something our coaches should be working on --

if we actually had practices where they hit and not just talked about technique

They do have hitting in practices. Look at the photos in the training camp gallery. I have some showing the OL and DL going at each other.

Jesus H, give the kid a break. First live action of his career and you got him going to the bench already. Let's see how he rebounds. That's the true measure here. He's got a lot of camp and pre-season left so there's lot's of time for improvement. This game just may have served him very well.

GO BILLS!!!

Levitrie got a little high and got pushed back into Edwards but give him credit for not losing his man. He got beat but he didn't let his QB get killed. D+ C- . Not a bad start.

Just a thought, but what about Kendall Simmons? I know we brought him in for a visit during the first week of FA...I wonder how he's doing physically. If he's ready to go, I'd love to see the Bills bring him in and plug him in at Guard until Levitre gets his leverage under control.

Odds are good though that Simmons must be hurt pretty badly if he hasn't signed on with anyone yet.

I like Collinsworth but it is incredible how much people are influenced by announcers without them even knowing it. Yah he got abused on the int play. You would neither care or notice if Edwards sidestepped or just didn't throw a terrible ball into double coverage. I thought live that the RT got beat and was holding on that play but the tv guys didn't zoom in on that.

Levitre got beaten badly on that play. But a throw by Trent just a split second earlier would have made it moot.

why change two positions when you can change one by just inserting Chambers and leaving Butler at right tackle?

Not really changing the RT position, since Bell has practicing there for awhile and starting the past week. And he's really the immediate future there. Butler would be best-served IMHO at LG.

I don't think the line was that bad against a good d line. livitree was horrible. get lower for god's sake? maybe butler to guard bell to right tackle and Levitree to the bench?

Levitre gets benched after a bad showing in his first preseason NFL game as a rookie? Let's calm down here a little. Jason Peters was a 4th string undrafted tight end during his first preseason in the NFL. The Bills actually cut him, no other team picked him up, so they brought him back to the practice squad. Please check how much money the Eagles paid him 4 years later to be their starting left tackle. If the Bills can give Peters the second chance on the practice squad, then have the patience to convert him into a right tackle, and then to a left tackle, why can't they give Levitre at least one more preseason game before they banish him to the bench?? :lol::thumbsup:

you WANT your young guys to go in with a vanilla plan and get pushed around as much as possible. i'd like to see a better performance of course, but our young raw line let up no sacks with vanilla play calling (which is a ten strength) and we had the one bad block by the rook.

zero sacks is very very good. i'm not worried yet, but we need harris at LB and maybin to come in IMO that will give us a whole lot more speed and nastyness.

You guys on this Wood and Levitre bullsh*t are an absolute joke. "Wood is amazing and Levitre got abused."

And why do you say that? Because you saw Levitre get pushed back once, and didn't see Wood get pushed back, so that must mean Levitre sucked and Wood was great. Too bad none of you actually watched them play specifically. Wood missed more blocks than Levitre did. Go back and watch. Go back and count. I had missed assignments at Wood 3, Levitre 2. Stop coming up with an analysis off of one damn play.

He is a rookie, that has been in camp for a little over a week before his first real live scrimage. It was his 'welcome to the NFL moment'. If you make a mistake in the NFL, a misstep, get a little high, the guy on the opposite side will beat you. This is not college. I think the kid will be fine. He seems to have a very tough attitude. I bet he is very displeased about that ONE play. It probably motivates the kid to work harder, and try to be better. If you ask me i think every rookie should be made to look like a rookie at first, to humble them. And teach them that the NFL is a place where talent will get you so far. But hard work and determination mixed with that talent will make you great.

I tried to watch Bell as much as i could. He looked huge. Those arms look like they should be able to throw around some beef. He seems to have kept his athleticism while adding some bulk, the Bills might have found another good tackle.

I don't think the line was that bad against a good d line. livitree was horrible. get lower for god's sake? maybe butler to guard bell to right tackle and Levitree to the bench?

If you're going to sack a guy played terrible, you might as well spell his name right. At least give him that...

You guys on this Wood and Levitre bullsh*t are an absolute joke. "Wood is amazing and Levitre got abused."

And why do you say that? Because you saw Levitre get pushed back once, and didn't see Wood get pushed back, so that must mean Levitre sucked and Wood was great. Too bad none of you actually watched them play specifically. Wood missed more blocks than Levitre did. Go back and watch. Go back and count. I had missed assignments at Wood 3, Levitre 2. Stop coming up with an analysis off of one damn play.

So are we to assume you know the Bills line calls and blocking assignments? Unless you do, there is no way in hell you could even fathom to count their missed assignments. So dont come off like to some football know-all and tell everyone else who also watched the game what they did and did not see.

The difference in their play was clearly evident. Most plays that I watched Wood, he drove his man off the ball and created huge holes in the running game on more than one occasion. One play in particular, he drove his man 10 yards off the ball and put him on the ground -- I could tell because he threw him to the ground conveniently on the TVs yellow first down marker (it was 1st down). Wood was a bull and a punisher, just as advertised.

Levitre really got owned on that one play, but held is own on others. He doesnt have the strength Wood has, but I think he has better/quicker feet -- which is expected from a college tackle vrs an interior guy. What I liked best was on a couple of plays, specifically one of Roscoes quick screens, Levitre was down field ahead of the ball carrier blocking.

ans4e64, as a whole, Wood had a better night and from what we saw is NFL ready. Levitre played well but had his weaknesses exposed, which is good. He can now work on those weaknesses/technique. The best thing I took from this game was the fact that they both started. The two rooks and Hang at C played well together for the most part and that is the most we could hope for given the circumstances. Now we have to accept that this was one game. One game is never enough to determine where a player is in their development.

obvisouly people have way too much time on their hands or don't know football.....can you believe people are talking about cutting this kid based on one play???????? or benching him????? ...wow!!!!!!....people we are talking about one play in the first preseason game!!!!!........how about you talent scouts do this....dvr the game and then go back and watch every series for each individual lineman.....and then report your findings...instead of just running with one play