How do you cope with Bills loses?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills if they loose can tank my Sundays and put me in a down mood on Mondays. But by Tuesday they don't really effect me something else comes up to distract me either work or school work or other issues with friends and such come up and take my mind off of it.

In the last few years the Bills loss that got me down was the Dallas Monday night game. Its not that they loss but how they loss coupled with the fact that I had had a bad week that week (Got dumped and took sh-- at my job) so I fully escaped into that game just to get my mind off of that other sh-- but just as the Bills had made me feel better I completely lost it when they blew the game. Other than that I haven't been too upset at the Bills (The Steelers vs Bills in 04 when they blew the playoffs hurt)

The all too frequent loses drive me nuts, and nearly ruin my Sundays. I've got a dry wall hanger on retainer. Unfortunately, the majority of my walls are exposed masonry.

I cannot listen to the audio portion of telecasts, because the announcers seem to deliberately rub salt into the wounds. I cannot watch on DVR, because somehow I need to suffer in real time.

Ultimately, my redoubt is an Everclear and aviation fuel "martini"...

I just look to the Hall of Fame and know that as long as Ralph Wilson has been inducted it wipes out 42 yrs of not winning the Big one...

"Sarcasm Off"

this is a great thread..

glad to know that i'm not alone in being miserable the rest of sunday evenings and nights, and on to monday and usually longer..

when we lose i hate to even read the news or watch game recaps, it's all too fresh and still burns.. sometimes i'll wait till wednesday until i even come back to Two Bills Drive

as for the screaming, swearing, hollering and yelling at the tv, the refs, the cable company, the commentators, and pretty much everyone else in the area, that's about par for the course.

i've tried hard to exercise some restraint and try some self-control, but it doesn't work. it's pointless, you can't be a half-hearted fan, i'm either all in, soup to nuts, or i'm nothing, and much as i tell myself every season i see DJ on the sidelines that 'this season i don't care, i will not fall for this rigmarole again', guess what, here i am again.

good luck to everyone this season, may the force be with us.

NB: props to that everclear martini recipe.. yowza!!

The all too frequent loses drive me nuts, and nearly ruin my Sundays. I've got a dry wall hanger on retainer. Unfortunately, the majority of my walls are exposed masonry.

I cannot listen to the audio portion of telecasts, because the announcers seem to deliberately rub salt into the wounds. I cannot watch on DVR, because somehow I need to suffer in real time.

Ultimately, my redoubt is an Everclear and aviation fuel "martini"...

there was another person that was into Everclear (from AZ)... disgruntled with DJ...so much so that when Jauron was brought back for year four, I assumed he became a Cardinals fan...

Anyway, look at all the people that survived being Red Sox fans for so many years...if they can do it...

I've somehow been able to learn to deal with it better over the years. No professional help, just general inurement from loss after loss after loss. I mean, they ALL suck, but I bounce back from most of them by Tuesday. Not to be too critical, but I've found that I have to stay away from Two Bills Drive until about Thursday or Friday following a Bills loss. This place becomes a collective suicide watch, and I just can't deal with the negativity.

The only losses that stand out now are the REAL fuggin' heartbreakers, like:

1) The Super Bowls

2) Music City Miracle cheat-fest

3) The Dallas Monday Night debacle

One that pissed me off royally last year was the Jets game. I was watching it at a trade show, and I'd hooked up my small HDTV to the aluminum booth frame to get reception in the Marriott Marquis in NYC (the show venue). I can assure you that - being in the belly of the beast - mine was the most popular booth at the show. And the Bills HAD it. Goddamn it, they HAD it. And I was actually starting to have a little spring in my step, and the glum looks on the faces of the Jets fans cheered me almost as much as the fact that the Bills HAD it. Fuggin' finally they were going to step up and win a big game. And then Losman.......oh, what's the use......now I'm pissed off again........

I was so bummed out that I turned down an invite to dinner with a bunch of colleagues at one of those really nice Brazilian barbecue places. I couldn't deal with being social or sociable.

One that pissed me off royally last year was the Jets game. I was watching it at a trade show, and I'd hooked up my small HDTV to the aluminum booth frame to get reception in the Marriott Marquis in NYC (the show venue). I can assure you that - being in the belly of the beast - mine was the most popular booth at the show. And the Bills HAD it. Goddamn it, they HAD it. And I was actually starting to have a little spring in my step, and the glum looks on the faces of the Jets fans cheered me almost as much as the fact that the Bills HAD it. Fuggin' finally they were going to step up and win a big game. And then Losman.......oh, what's the use......now I'm pissed off again........

Nice description of that nightmare.... now I am pi55ed off again too. :thumbsup:

That was definitely the worst one for me last season. My Time Warner remote control took some serious abuse that afternoon.

I used to take the losses way harder & it really would effect my mood for the whole week. I was the same way with Mets. The tough losses would especially aggravate me. The "just give it to them" game in NE, I was living with my parents back then & I actually punched a hole in my parents livingroom wall when Bledsoe hit Coates in the back of the endzone to win the game. My dad immediately said "your going to fix that" which I brillantly replied "why dont you fix it yourself". My dad has never hit me(& I was 25 at the time) but I honestly thought he was going to throw me right thru the window when I said that. My mom had to intervene & luckily cooler heads prevailed. The music city miracle, after that happened I did not watch another minute of football that year, not even the super bowl. I actually cried myself to sleep that night. Oh yeah, I was 26 at the time. The straw that broke the camels back when I started to take the losses a little less serious was on opening day against Jacksonville when leftwich threw that last second td. I drove home from my friends that night & I gunned my car into my driveway & unbeknown to me my wife's 5yr old little cousin was playing in the driveway & I nearly clipped her. I probably would of killed her if I hit her. After that incident, I was pretty shaken up & I was like what the f*ck am I doing, it is just a game played by millionaire athletes that most of them could give a rats ass about the average fan. Ever since then I really do not take the losses that hard anymore. I get upset at the game & then I leave it there. Also, having kids gives you a new perspective & what is really important in life.