When do the Bills move on without Maybin?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Than who is the most despised draft pick in bills history?

Depends who you ask. But I doubt very many Bills' fans despise Maybin at this time.

BTW, he isn't holding out. He doesn't have a contract yet, so he can't "hold out".

Bills first round pick in 1979; he ended up signing a contract with the Monreal Alouettes of the CFL (no, really!). It has to be one of the signal traumas of Bills fandom from the Dark Ages of the 1970s.

Do you think Bills fans will dislike Maybin because of this lengthy holdout? If he doesn't sign until Crabtree signs we could be waiting a long time.

With all the defensive ends signed, he should be in camp. The Orakpo signing should have set the parameters. I really don't see what the problem could be accept for greed by Maybin.

Depends who you ask. But I doubt very many Bills' fans despise Maybin at this time.

BTW, he isn't holding out. He doesn't have a contract yet, so he can't "hold out".

When is your breaking point Dean? When do we stop making excuses for him? If he waits until Crabtree signs, than he is no better than Crabtree.

When is your breaking point Dean? When do we stop making excuses for him? If he waits until Crabtree signs, than he is no better than Crabtree.

When is the breaking point? Dunno, but even this discussion is WAY too premature.

I think he will be signed by the end of the week. If not...he's signed when he's signed.

Can't blame one side, here. It's a negotiation. I have yet to hear he is asking for more than what his slotted position warrants.

Do all Bills fans hate Jim Kelly? He decided to sign for another league, rather than come to play for Buffalo.

Bills first round pick in 1979; he ended up signing a contract with the Monreal Alouettes of the CFL (no, really!). It has to be one of the signal traumas of Bills fandom from the Dark Ages of the 1970s.

Not only the Bills 1st round pick, but the 1st pick of the entire draft. Cousineau was a LB, played for Ohio State. He was of French heritage which is the reason Montreal wanted him, they were trying to sell Football to a French HOCKEY Province. When asked why he signed with Montreal instead of Buffalo Cousineau replied I prefer Molsons Ale & Montreal women to Genesse Cream Ale & Buffalo women. The Bills could have selected ANY player in that draft at #1 but wound up with NOTHING.

When is the breaking point? Dunno, but even this discussion is WAY too premature.

I think he will be signed by the end of the week. If not...he's signed when he's signed.

Can't blame one side, here. It's a negotiation. I have yet to hear he is asking for more than what his slotted position warrants.

If he is waiting on Crabtree,than he is asking for more money than his slotted position warrants.

People were pissed at Kelly and Elway when they refused to play, but there awesome play made people forget about the negative.

Not only the Bills 1st round pick, but the 1st pick of the entire draft. Cousineau was a LB, played for Ohio State. He was of French heritage which is the reason Montreal wanted him, they were trying to sell Football to a French HOCKEY Province. When asked why he signed with Montreal instead of Buffalo Cousineau replied I prefer Molsons Ale & Montreal women to Genesse Cream Ale & Buffalo women. The Bills could have selected ANY player in that draft at #1 but wound up with NOTHING.

Is he still around? We should find him!

Nice research... I remember the whole thing with pain. The #1 overall pick came from the OJ trade with SF; everyone knew the Bills would go defense, the two top LBs were Cousineau and Barry Krauss from Alabama. Ironically, of course, neither one became more than a serviceable pro. Ironically, on of their #2 picks, Jim Haslett, turned out to be much better. That same draft also brought Fred Smerlas and Jerry Butler, which is not a bad haul considering they got nada for their #1 pick.

The Bills did much better with their next crack at the #1 overall, in 1985.... but you all know that story. :thumbdown:

Do all Bills fans hate Jim Kelly? He decided to sign for another league, rather than come to play for Buffalo.

I remember thinking "F him" at the time. But going to the USFL and playing that run and shoot was probably the best thing that could have happened for his development as QB. You may recall one of his biggest reasons for spurning the Bills was his thought that he'd get killed playing behind that line. He was right.

Back to the point: Cousineau is 1st, Kelly 2nd but all was forgiven obviously.

Maybin is not even on the radar at this point.

GO BILLS!!!

If he is waiting on Crabtree,than he is asking for more money than his slotted position warrants.

People were pissed at Kelly and Elway when they refused to play, but there awesome play made people forget about the negative.

I notice Skooby isnt around anymore is that because you are Skooby.

Why is your grammer so spectacularly awful?

I remember thinking "F him" at the time. But going to the USFL and playing that run and shoot was probably the best thing that could have happened for his development as QB. You may recall one of his biggest reasons for spurning the Bills was his thought that he'd get killed playing behind that line. He was right.

I don't remember knowing that, at the time. It seemed more like he simply didn't want to play in Buffalo.

What I remember most vividly is watching him be sacked constantly with Houston. He played behind the worst OL in the USFL, I believe. But he always got back up and performed. I remember thinking, "The Bills need a guy like that. He takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Just like the Timex commercials."

I notice Skooby isnt around anymore is that because you are Skooby.

Why is your grammer so spectacularly awful?

Because its a blog! If you want you can spell check my text messages? I'll give you $.50, so maybe one day you can move out of your mom's basement. Maybe even find a nice hooker that you can marry?

WAY too premature??..I know what you meant Dean. But we speak englich round here.

WAY too premature??..I know what you meant Dean. But we speak englich round here.

:thumbdown:

Are you suggesting I was somewhat redundant, with that statement?

I'd like to think of it as "rhetorical flourish".