Has the Media gone to far?

http://www.meforum.org/article/649

In fact, being a freedom fighter, however defined, does not foreclose on the possibility that one is a terrorist. The Israeli terrorism scholar Boaz Ganor has put it well: "When you deliberately choose to attack civilians, you cannot say any more, 'I am not a terrorist because I am a freedom fighter.' Maybe you are a freedom fighter, but you are also definitely a terrorist."

Kind of what I said the otherday.....

And what? When we bomb the piss out of Fallujah, civilians caught in the crossfire are okay because we gave "them an out?"

Do we play the don't ask don't tell card there? Certainly there will be civilians deliberately killed there. If you don't think so, you are naive.

Then by scholar Boaz Ganor standards...

"When you deliberately choose to attack civilians, you cannot say any more, 'I am not a terrorist because I am a freedom fighter.' Maybe you are a freedom fighter, but you are also definitely a terrorist."

No matter what you do terrorism is a fact of life. It has been a fact of life since the dawn of human life. You live with it and minimize it. No sense and standing the "high ground" and call everybody around you a terrorist.

It is all semantics. It is all in the eyes of the beholder, until those eyes are shut when dead.

Somebody refresh me on the name "Boaz" in Old Testament (Ruth)... Seems this Boaz is living up the the influential standards that the original one from Bethlehem did... :(:lol::lol:

http://www.meforum.org/article/649

In fact, being a freedom fighter, however defined, does not foreclose on the possibility that one is a terrorist. The Israeli terrorism scholar Boaz Ganor has put it well: "When you deliberately choose to attack civilians, you cannot say any more, 'I am not a terrorist because I am a freedom fighter.' Maybe you are a freedom fighter, but you are also definitely a terrorist."

Kind of what I said the otherday.....

109767[/snapback]

I have no problem with that definition. However, going back to what was said the otherday, it is more than possible that at least some of those fighting the US army in Fallujah have played no part in attacks on civilians and therefore, by that definition, cannot be considered terrorists.

I have no problem with that definition. However, going back to what was said the otherday, it is more than possible that at least some of those fighting the US army in Fallujah have played no part in attacks on civilians and therefore, by that definition, cannot be considered terrorists.

109892[/snapback]

Good point.

An army moves into my town... I gonna fight no matter what, if I don't agree with 'em. Just because I never committed an act upon the citizenery doesn't mean I have to submit to an army I don't agree with.

Isn't that the meaning of freedom fighter?

Good point.

An army moves into my town... I gonna fight no matter what, if I don't agree with 'em.  Just because I never committed an act upon the citizenery doesn't mean I have to submit to an army I don't agree with.

Isn't that the meaning of freedom fighter?

109906[/snapback]

WOLVERINES!

And what?  When we bomb the piss out of Fallujah, civilians caught in the crossfire are okay because we gave "them an out?"

Do we play the don't ask don't tell card there?  Certainly there will be civilians deliberately killed there.  If you don't think so, you are naive.

"When you deliberately choose to attack civilians, you cannot say any more, 'I am not a terrorist because I am a freedom fighter.' Maybe you are a freedom fighter, but you are also definitely a terrorist."

No matter what you do terrorism is a fact of life.  It has been a fact of life since the dawn of human life.  You live with it and minimize it.  No sense and standing the "high ground" and call everybody around you a terrorist.

It is all semantics.  It is all in the eyes of the beholder, until those eyes are shut when dead.

Somebody refresh me on the name "Boaz" in Old Testament (Ruth)... Seems this Boaz is living up the the influential standards that the original one from Bethlehem did... :(  :lol:  :lol:

Perhaps we should follow the French and Soviet Army model in post-WWII Germany. If attacks occur, ring the town unannounced with artillary and flatted the town and the townfolk.

109880[/snapback]

And what?  When we bomb the piss out of Fallujah, civilians caught in the crossfire are okay because we gave "them an out?"

Do we play the don't ask don't tell card there?  Certainly there will be civilians deliberately killed there.  If you don't think so, you are naive.

No matter what you do terrorism is a fact of life.  It has been a fact of life since the dawn of human life.  You live with it and minimize it.  No sense and standing the "high ground" and call everybody around you a terrorist.

It is all semantics.  It is all in the eyes of the beholder, until those eyes are shut when dead.

Somebody refresh me on the name "Boaz" in Old Testament (Ruth)... Seems this Boaz is living up the the influential standards that the original one from Bethlehem did... :(  :lol:  :lol:

109880[/snapback]

Perhaps we should follow the model of the post-WWII French and Soviet armies - ring the offending town unannounced with artillary, and flatten it along with the townfolk.

Nazi sympathizers were freedom fighters too I guess.

109951[/snapback]

Freedom is in the eyes of the beholder... There were a lot of "protected people" in Nazi Germany. They were fighting for their freedom to continue with a better life over the others.

Name me one place that people don't suffer under your gains?

By no means does this justify genocide...

Of course I am playing devil's advocate here.

WOLVERINES!

109917[/snapback]

That movie ("Red Dawn," for those not in the know) is what prompted my brother to the military back in the early 90s. He now uses it as a moderately close parallel to how Iraqis see their situation. There is such a thing as different perspectives. Through the grapevine, he's heading to Afghanistan early next year.

109892[/snapback]

Right now, if you're Muslim, you should be considered a terrorist.

We have our own so-called freedom fighters here in the United States.  They're called militants, extremist and neo-nazis.  You won't find me cheering on those groups anytime soon.

111049[/snapback]

Just to clarify.... Those particular asshats in militias/McVeigh types are fighting their own govt. The Iraqis are fighting against a foreign govt force --- a foreign govt who says they're there to help them, that they choose not to believe.

Two different circumstances.

Makes perfect sense. They use children and women, no? Everyone AT THIS POINT should be considered guilty until dtermined innocent,

111085[/snapback]

Again, great idea, man. :rolleyes:

And if you want guilty until proven innocent, move to Europe.

We can also bring back the Alien and Sedition Acts.

Kee-rist.

His slide from the left continues.  Soon he'll be shaving his head and setting up shop with David Duke.

111207[/snapback]

Ahhh, yes, I'm a white supremicist now... :)

Say it to my face pal. We'll see who is standing.

Ahhh, yes, I'm a white supremicist now... :)

Say it to my face pal. We'll see who is standing.

111460[/snapback]

Yes, Ed, everyone knows you're tall, strong and heavy. Let your statements do the talking and leave the threats of bodily harm for real life confrontations.

Me too (obviously).

111397[/snapback]

Have it on DVD. Great Flick. I remember right after right after seeing it for the first time, we armed our "forts" with whatever "weapons" we could find. The Russians never would have had a chance.

"were all gonna die, die standing up"

"All that hates gonna burn you up kid."

"Keeps me warm."

Yes, Ed, everyone knows you're tall, strong and heavy.  Let your statements do the talking and leave the threats of bodily harm for real life confrontations.

111471[/snapback]

You're making a pretty strong accusation. Very easy to do on the computer. I bet you wouldn't have the balls to say it to my face.

You're making a pretty strong accusation. Very easy to do on the computer. I bet you wouldn't have the balls to say it to my face.

111476[/snapback]

Meet me at the playground after school and we'll have it out. :)

Why do people feel the need to be hard-asses on internet message boards?

Meet me at the playground after school and we'll have it out. :)

Why do people feel the need to be hard-asses on internet message boards?

111480[/snapback]

You were the one who likened me to a clan member. It's easy to be tough through a cable modem.

Right now, if you're Muslim, you should be considered a terrorist.

111064[/snapback]

Did you read what you wrote? Read the rest of the thread, I'm not the only one who thinks it may be a bit over the top. My post is intended to somewhat sarcastically project your political beliefs of the future based on a trend. Not too long ago, you were a bleeding-heart-liberal. Soon after that you were a hard-line-conservative. Now we have statements like "Right now, if you're Muslim, you should be considered a terrorist." This is like a standard IQ test question...what do YOU think comes next?

Cant say that I'd miss the Jersey shore, needles and such. :)

Plus all those green bunny's there.

111499[/snapback]

Hey, LOVE the avatar! Way to spin a sophmoronic moment by Chief Dubya into an anti-terrorist slogan. "Hot" Karl Rove may have a job for you, why don't you give him a call! :(

Hey, LOVE the avatar!  Way to spin a sophmoronic moment by Chief Dubya into an anti-terrorist slogan.  "Hot" Karl Rove may have a job for you, why don't you give him a call! :(

111531[/snapback]

I like yours better. Maybe you could call Mike Moore for a cameo spot in his next movie. :doh:

I would guess, that out of about 300 million people in this country, 250 million have had a sophmoronic moment, your post being your example. :D:D

On to Victory...............Wait, Bush won. :)

I like yours better. Maybe you could call Mike Moore for a cameo spot in his next movie. :( 

I would guess, that out of about 300 million people in this country, 250 million have had a sophmoronic moment, your post being your example. :D  :doh:

On to Victory...............Wait, Bush won. :)

111564[/snapback]

The difference, mine was done using Photoshop. Yours needed needed no such treatment to make it childish - you just had to copy it from the internets.