No autographs ?

My son and his friend went to todays practice ,with Mom of course. Both 15 .wanting to get a few autographs,and NOBODY was signing . They were bummed out,to say the least. Is this what happens in the afternoon practice? They drove alittle over 4 hrs to get there. <_<

My son and his friend went to todays practice ,with Mom of course. Both 15 .wanting to get a few autographs,and NOBODY was signing . They were bummed out,to say the least. Is this what happens in the afternoon practice? They drove alittle over 4 hrs to get there. <_<

Anybody else go? My wife said there were alot of upset fans.

That was a bit surprising. I've attended training camp every year since 1996 and can definitely say that camp is has become less autograph friendly every year since 2002 or 2003. Mind you, obviously autographs are not why the team has a training camp, but the fact remains that over the years autographs have been much tougher to come by, especially from the higher profile players. The exception to the above is the organized full team autograph signings at specified night practices...as an autograph collector myself, these are terrific. I did pretty well with autographs at Fredonia, but it was never an organized thing, it was whichever players felt like stopping to sign on a given day was who you got (and many of them did, especially after practice)

On a different note, and I'm sorry if I'm opening a can of worms by mentioning it, training camp has become much more fan unfriendly over the years, unless of course you are a corporate VIP and have special reserved seating. For the "unwashed masses", seating availability has decreased and viewing is partially obstructed unless they are practicing on the turf field. Fredonia was fantastic for watching camp, and the first few years in Rochester were very good as well. But the team (maybe rightfully so for its long term well-being) decided to provide the best access to its sponsors as the common man's expense...oh well, that's often the way of the world.

On a different note, and I'm sorry if I'm opening a can of worms by mentioning it, training camp has become much more fan unfriendly over the years, unless of course you are a corporate VIP and have special reserved seating. For the "unwashed masses", seating availability has decreased and viewing is partially obstructed unless they are practicing on the turf field. Fredonia was fantastic for watching camp, and the first few years in Rochester were very good as well. But the team (maybe rightfully so for its long term well-being) decided to provide the best access to its sponsors at the common man's expense...oh well, that's often the way of the world.

Thank you! I've been waiting for someone to say something. It's really pissing me off how much they cater to the rich folks, while meanwhile us regular folks, the ones who scronge the money to buy merchandise and tickets to the games get sh-- on. I hate the bus rides. It's uncomfortable in those busses, especially for someone 6'4, like me. It's also hot and sweaty in them. I also hate how they have moved the VIP seating down more each year. The regular fans are pushed all the way to the 25-yard line and down. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose all sideline seating eventually, which would be the final straw for me. Very disappointing.

Thank you! I've been waiting for someone to say something. It's really pissing me off how much they cater to the rich folks, while meanwhile as regular folks, the ones who scronge the money to money merchandise and tickets to the games get sh-- on. I hate the bus rides. It's uncomfortable in those busses, especially for someone 6'4, like me. It's also hot and sweaty in them. I also hate how they have moved the VIP seating down more each year. The regular fans are pushed all the way to the 25-yard line and down. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose all sideline seating eventually, which would be the final straw for me. Very disappointing.

Well that's discouraging to read. I plan to attend for the first time ever this Friday afternoon with the wife and my 9 and 11 year old sons. We are coming all the way from Denver so I hope as part of the aforementioned great unwashed my boys do not end up too disillusioned. Any tips for when, where to go at what time for both viewing and autographs would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for any such posts as I will be off line for a while, so don't think me unappreciative for any helpful replies.

Well that's discouraging to read. I plan to attend for the first time ever this Friday afternoon with the wife and my 9 and 11 year old sons. We are coming all the way from Denver so I hope as part of the aforementioned great unwashed my boys do not end up too disillusioned. Any tips for when, where to go at what time for both viewing and autographs would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for any such posts as I will be off line for a while, so don't think me unappreciative for any helpful replies.

Training Camp-Autograph Zone

If your sons want autographs be sure to be on the initial buses headed over to training camp.

Your sons should immediately get in line at the Autograph Zone.

According to the schedule -McGee and McKelvin will be signing that day.

It's worth getting in the line as early as possible, as then they will be guaranteed autographs from two very good players.

My experience with going to various team training camps, over the years (Bills, Cowboys, Falcons) has been that the earlier you go, during training camp, the better... as much as we love to think these players owe us something, or should be grateful for the privileged to play a game, for a very healthy living, training camp is work to them. After the novelty of camp sets in, players start to look ahead, for that portion of the season to be over...

I went to my first, and only, Bills camp in Rochester, the first practice of the 2007 season. Players were very accommodating after practice, and it took very little effort on my part. I got a program autographed by 18 players, including all that years draft picks, minus Marshawn, who hadn't signed a contract yet. I didn't even go to the autograph tent after practice (it was a bunch of O-line men, who wants their sigs?), and made out like a bandit. Lee Evans put a great looking signature on the front of the program, that had a really cool photo of him...suitable for framing! Trent Edwards wasn't getting a lot of requests, but was distracted when some little kid asked him to sign a card, picturing Trent in a Bills uinform...apparently it was the firs that Trent had seen of it...the kid told him he purchased the card in the fan shop...Trent asked him to run in and get him one, he would "make it worth his while"....Pozluszny was the main attraction, and signed for everyone...

I guess I don't have a lot of other recent Bills camps to compare it to, but I thought that 07 Bills camp was very fan friendly...the only player who seemed to have a bit of an attitude was Ko Simpson...maybe he was thinking about how he was going to spend his millions?

I did pretty well with autographs at Fredonia, but it was never an organized thing, it was whichever players felt like stopping to sign on a given day was who you got (and many of them did, especially after practice)

Which is the way it is. Except for the entire team organized sessions, after practice it's up to the players if they want to stick around, or head to their lockers. No one from the Bills is telling them to stay behind and sign.

If you want to view practice as best as possible, arrive early. If the team is practicing on the near grass field, sit high up on the bleachers and more towards the end zone NOT closer to the 50 yard line. If you want to avoid the bus lines, there are 2 homes across the street from St. John Fisher which (on most days) have been charging $15 for parking.

As for autographs, if you want your kids to be assured McGee or McKelvin, have them show up early to the kids line (at least an hour before practice ends). They will have to prioritize which means more to them, seeing all of practice and hoping players sign at the fence or being guaranteed certain autographs in the kids line. By the way, unless your kids are aggressive, they may get pushed around a bit if they wait by the fences. Unfortunately not all fans exhibit model behavior while waiting for autographs at the fences.

I hope that you and your family enjoy your trip.

Thank you! I've been waiting for someone to say something. It's really pissing me off how much they cater to the rich folks, while meanwhile as regular folks, the ones who scronge the money to money merchandise and tickets to the games get sh-- on. I hate the bus rides. It's uncomfortable in those busses, especially for someone 6'4, like me. It's also hot and sweaty in them. I also hate how they have moved the VIP seating down more each year. The regular fans are pushed all the way to the 25-yard line and down. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose all sideline seating eventually, which would be the final straw for me. Very disappointing.

Don't go if it bothers you that much, simple as that. I am by no means wealthy, but have had the pleasure of sitting both in the VIP area (thanks to friends) and more frequently with the "common folks". Both were very enjoyable experiences. Obviously I enjoyed the food in the VIP area, but the viewing (from the endzone) was not as good as some of the bleachers seating. I far and above preferred the views from the top of the bleachers with the "common folks".

If you hate the bus rides, I wonder how much you would enjoy the traffic jam that would follow if they didn't do remote parking. They don't have much of a choice on this. It was nicer when they used air conditioned RTA buses, I'll give you that.

BTW the reason they "cater" to those rich folks is because those are the people who have donated thousands-hundreds of thousands of dollars to St. John Fisher College, Bishop Carney High, Strong Hospital etc... They aren't being fed on a silver spoon. They are being given tickets and MAYBE a $40 plate/drinks for thousands of dollars of donations. Seems pretty reasonable to me...

My son and his friend went to todays practice ,with Mom of course. Both 15 .wanting to get a few autographs,and NOBODY was signing . They were bummed out,to say the least. Is this what happens in the afternoon practice? They drove alittle over 4 hrs to get there. :rolleyes:

sorry to hear that, specially for your kids, you, well, you'll get over it.

My son and his friend went to todays practice ,with Mom of course. Both 15 .wanting to get a few autographs,and NOBODY was signing . They were bummed out,to say the least. Is this what happens in the afternoon practice? They drove alittle over 4 hrs to get there. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry to hear that. Bummer. I'm surprised that more players weren't walking around after practice and singing.

I have gone to the camp at Fredonia at least a couple of times in the past, and had

a blast. One year for sure was '88, I still have a pennant with, if not every single camp

participant, damn near. All of these obtained very easily at random times throughout the day, before

the morning session, after, where ever you could catch a player, they almost never refused.

I had a video camera, and back then that looked like a TV station one, very big. I remember

Jim Haslett yelling at me to shut the f'n camera off, and I initially didn't hear him, so he yelled

at me louder, after which I immediatley shut it off, and started to wrap it up, when I noticed

that he kind of bumped a running back walking next to him, and they both started laughing.

Obviosly he was messin with me, but considereing his reputation, I wasn't taking any chances.

I observed Marv Levy do 100, or pretty close to that, push-ups, I have that on film.

After finishing he got an ovation from the 20 or so people standing around, and he turned,

tipped his hat, and bowed. That blew my mind, he must have been in his 60's then.

I caught Andre Reed, who was about 100 yards away from me walking towards his dorm after

one practice, and I yelled "hey Andre", he immediatley turned and walked straight back to me,

and maybe one or two other people, and started signing.

Kent Hull was another that kind of made an impression on me with his accessibilty to fans.

Some players just get it.

I haven't been to Rochester, so hard to compare, but I can't imagine it being any better than Fredonia,

even with all of the amenities, and high tech gadgetry.

If you want to view practice as best as possible, arrive early. If the team is practicing on the near grass field, sit high up on the bleachers and more towards the end zone NOT closer to the 50 yard line. If you want to avoid the bus lines, there are 2 homes across the street from St. John Fisher which (on most days) have been charging $15 for parking.

As for autographs, if you want your kids to be assured McGee or McKelvin, have them show up early to the kids line (at least an hour before practice ends). They will have to prioritize which means more to them, seeing all of practice and hoping players sign at the fence or being guaranteed certain autographs in the kids line. By the way, unless your kids are aggressive, they may get pushed around a bit if they wait by the fences. Unfortunately not all fans exhibit model behavior while waiting for autographs at the fences.

Maybe things have changed since I went but Is there not different lines for different players? I didnt think you could move down the line to get autographs. I know it was this way a few years ago. Each player had his own line up

Maybe things have changed since I went but Is there not different lines for different players? I didnt think you could move down the line to get autographs. I know it was this way a few years ago. Each player had his own line up

On the nights that there is a whole team autograph session, they'll have numbers set up along a fence and you line up behind the number of the player you want. Once you get your first autograph, you can go jump to the end of the line for the next player you want. I imagine, and maybe someone who was there Tuesday night for the first one, that TO must have had the longest line?

sorry to hear that, specially for your kids, you, well, you'll get over it.

Yeah ,he went to a Steelers camp last yr,with his friends who are Steeler fans. They were signing ,and one kid even got Big Bens shoe. He didn`t want a Steeler autograph, so he passed. Now he comes to the Bills camp and the players are running to the door. He`s still a fan,just alittle grumpier one. I told him get used to it. It comes with being a Bills fan. :w00t:

Thanks man!