DNC now calling angry average Americans a mob

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A John Wilkes Booth quote. How charming. Something tells me you'll fit in just fine here.

It's Latin. As such, the quote predates JWB by quite a bit.

Something tells me you're one of those folks that I don't need to bother reasoning with. So be it. Here's one more crash-course-in-foreign-languages quip for you:

Molon labe.

Something tells me you're one of those folks that I don't need to bother reasoning with.

Obviously not since you're only capable of reasoning with people who have read 'The Turner Diaries'. Now go insert some more moronic McVeigh-esque rhetoric into a debate about health care.

Ah yes, that's the line of last resort for wingnuts when you cannot defend the indefensible.

Your own ex-governor is walking around telling people that Trig (as if Downs wasn't enough of an issue, she names him "Trig"?!) could be euthanized because Obama is going to create "death boards" that limit healthcare. Gimme a freaking break.

I just read an article yesterday about a guy who worked in a grocery store. He had cancer. His health insurance benefits had all run out. So, Capt. Phil Harris (F/V Cornelia Marie) attended a fundraiser and pledged $1 donation to the guy's medical fund out of every pound of his coffee that was sold.

The guy died Friday.

And he died because HIS health care benefits were "exhausted". Sounds like rationing to me.

In June, my husband and his band did a fund raiser for a 19-year old girl with MS. That's awful young to have MS. And what's worse, her insurance company cut off her PT benefits - apparently the insurer decided that the PT wasn't going to reverse her condition and that's that. Her doctor didn't agree but... insurance pays the bills So the family is doing everything they can to raise money to pay for the therapy themselves. It was sad to see this pretty young girl tottering around the room - she refused to use her walker. A WALKER at age 19.

Sounds like rationing to me. Oh she's not dead but...at age 19, the insurance companies have written her off. Nice.

So don't tell ME I have a problem. The people with the problems are those who are too stupid to realize when they're being suckered by the giant corporations and their lobbyists. People B word and piss and moan about "the government". Our government equips and trains the BEST military in the world. Our government provides services and facilities and infrastructure that we rely on every day just to get THROUGH our day. Is if perfect? No way. But all things considered we do damn well for ourselves in this country, and the government is a part of that. AND the government is a NONPROFIT entity, unlike the health insurance industry. They need profits and there's only one way for them to get them: at the expense of the patient.

:lol: There are so many things wrong here I will stick with the last. Calling the government nonprofit is like comparing them to the salvation army. The difference is they can take as much of my income as they please,and if I don't pay I go to jail. Any kind of motivation for efficiency?

And by the the way my private :thumbsup: health care plan maxs out in the millions. If I ain't fixed by then, let it go.

I just read an article yesterday about a guy who worked in a grocery store. He had cancer. His health insurance benefits had all run out. So, Capt. Phil Harris (F/V Cornelia Marie) attended a fundraiser and pledged $1 donation to the guy's medical fund out of every pound of his coffee that was sold.

The guy died Friday.

Do you believe that a person's medical benefits should never be allowed to run out? That as long as there is a dying person somewhere and a healthy person working somewhere else, that money should go to the dying?

Basically, do you believe that people have a right to have society pay for their care, or should their medical care be based on what they pay for?

Do you believe that a person's medical benefits should never be allowed to run out? That as long as there is a dying person somewhere and a healthy person working somewhere else, that money should go to the dying?

Basically, do you believe that people have a right to have society pay for their care, or should their medical care be based on what they pay for?

People do pay for insurance coverage so that if the unthinkable happens they would be covered. Personally I have never seen a clause stating that the insurance coverage will only be there for so long or until they believe it's to much.

Come ask me those questions when you, or someone you love, is dying and might be able to be saved but for the fact that you don't have access to the services you need.

My friend's 36-year old wife was diagnosed with cancer a year ago and given about 10% chance of living. Fortunately HER medical benefits were extensive. Today, she's finishing her last handful of radiation treatments and thanks to very aggressive surgery and chemo, her tumors are gone.

That this could not be possible for someone else merely because that person did not have the same medical coverage means that our society values people of a certain socio-economic strata for no other reason than that they belong to that group.

People do pay for insurance coverage so that if the unthinkable happens they would be covered. Personally I have never seen a clause stating that the insurance coverage will only be there for so long or until they believe it's to much.

Read the fine print.

Come ask me those questions when you, or someone you love, is dying and might be able to be saved but for the fact that you don't have access to the services you need.

My friend's 36-year old wife was diagnosed with cancer a year ago and given about 10% chance of living. Fortunately HER medical benefits were extensive. Today, she's finishing her last handful of radiation treatments and thanks to very aggressive surgery and chemo, her tumors are gone.

That this could not be possible for someone else merely because that person did not have the same medical coverage means that our society values people of a certain socio-economic strata for no other reason than that they belong to that group.

Is that your way of saying that you believe that everybody has a right to have society pay for their medical care?

And I'm sorry, but society is valuing people for belonging to a socio-economic strata only is the sense that they are valuing those who pay for services. It is no different than saying that academia values those from a certain socio-economic strata (hint: those with tuition checks), or that your neighborhood liquer store values a certain socio-economic status. So if you are resentfull that shopkeepers don't like customers with no money, or that they prefer the customers with the most, your only recourse is to either ensure that everybody has the same amount, whether they are unemployed or working, 25 or 100, or else mandate that shopkeepers provide identical goods and services to everybody regardless of whether they pay anything.

You are full of startling Revelations. So people who work,didn't have 5 kids before they get their first[or any] job may get better heath care then those that make all the wrong choices? shocking.

Obviously not since you're only capable of reasoning with people who have read 'The Turner Diaries'. Now go insert some more moronic McVeigh-esque rhetoric into a debate about health care.

There are a great deal of things you lack the ability to comprehend, however there are only so many electrons on the internet. I didn't say I couldn't reason with you, I said I wouldn't reason with you. The above quote is prima facie as to the futility of reasoning with you. It is not worth the ergs expended to fire a single synapse on an attempt to gracefully lead you from your benighted state.

The powers-that-be have decided that the civil discourse is no longer the soul of the body politic. Fine. Take their part if you wish; your legacy will be as an apologist for authoritarians.

Bye now.

<spit>

There are a great deal of things you lack the ability to comprehend, however there are only so many electrons on the internet. I didn't say I couldn't reason with you, I said I wouldn't reason with you. The above quote is prima facie as to the futility of reasoning with you. It is not worth the ergs expended to fire a single synapse on an attempt to gracefully lead you from your benighted state.

The powers-that-be have decided that the civil discourse is no longer the soul of the body politic. Fine. Take their part if you wish; your legacy will be as an apologist for authoritarians.

Bye now.

<spit>

I hate to break it to you but you lack the literary chops to pull off this pseudo-Hitchens act. Stick to the cheesily veiled threats of violence and uprising, those you're actually good at.

You are full of startling Revelations. So people who work,didn't have 5 kids before they get their first[or any] job may get better heath care then those that make all the wrong choices? shocking.

Not surprising that you'd automatically jump to that conclusion. Those - go on and say it, bigot-boy "Welfare Queens" of which you speak in veiled terms - are in the minority.

There are plenty of good, honest hardworking people who go bankrupt because they can't make the gap between their benefits and actual costs. My sister in law was covered under my brother's insurance ... when she was diagnosed with a degenerative brain disease so rare there are only about 500 known cases in the US. She was 36 years old. Her prognosis: her brain will slowly turn to mush, while her strong young body stays alive. She needed to go into a home. His healthcare wouldn't cover it. So ... with two young sons to raise, what would you have him do? Go bankrupt and move into a box? Throw her into a box?

What about my friend Angie who works at a Fortune 15 company? She was engaged to a very nice guy. They set a date. He lost his job, and a month after that was diagnosed with cancer. He was lucky and qualified for medicaid. If he married Angie, he'd lose that. But, Angie's healthcare plan wouldn't cover his pre-existing condition. Suddenly, marriage isn't really such a sacred institution, is it?

Why don't you come right out and admit that you think sick people give you the creeps and you don't like to be around them and it's their own fault for being sick?