Levitre and Wood to start

chetsap

Guard is one of the few positions on the field where rookies can make an impact right away. Those two guys are nasty and will be great in the run game. They should be able to pull about 1000% better than Dockery and Butler who were very oversized.

Guard is one of the few positions on the field where rookies can make an impact right away. Those two guys are nasty and will be great in the run game. They should be able to pull about 1000% better than Dockery and Butler who were very oversized.

I heard a recent interview with Joe Delamalier the other day. He started his Rookie year & said the average age of that line was 23 Years old. The Team went 9-7 that year.

Not a surprise at all. I actually think they will help solidify the middle in the run game. It's our entire O-Line on pass protection that worries me the most
yep interior should be decent. last year it sucked horrible and we still rand about 2/3rds of our run plays between teh guards. langston will not be a super star but still outperformed peters in limited action

I'm duely motivated! With Hangartner, Butler & Walker on either side of them (Wood & Levitre), they have the experience factor to help out. Stroud's impressed. That's good enough for me!

First time for a wholesale line change since 1961? :huh: ? Wow! Shaw, Barber and Bemiller were here then IIRC, though Bemiller was a guard then.

If they are going to have two rookies start they need to make sure they have a solid backup who can play either line position and does not need a lot of reps. It would also help if they can find a player who can perform as 6th lineman in cases where we need extra blocking who would know which player will need extra support based on defense/yards/down. I hope that McKinney or Scott could do that.

Not a surprise at all. I actually think they will help solidify the middle in the run game. It's our entire O-Line on pass protection that worries me the most

Agreed. Once the interior gels they will be there for a long time to come. A first round LT in the draft next year might make the line one of the best.

Maybe Bell will be ready to take over by then instead. :huh:

I heard a recent interview with Joe Delamalier the other day. He started his Rookie year & said the average age of that line was 23 Years old. The Team went 9-7 that year.

I think Wolford and Ballard started their rookie years. Wolford played guard before moving to tackle his 2nd year. There are many instances where rookie O-lineman start and play well.