Solar-powered trash cans

The worst part of this plan isn't the high cost of the compactor. It's the fact that each compactor will require a union mandated 4 hours of labor per person plus breaks and travel time allowance for a $60/hr union foreman and 3 HS dropout $35/hr union "refuse container installation technicians" to put each trash can out on the corner.

The worst part of this plan isn't the high cost of the compactor. It's the fact that each compactor will require a union mandated 4 hours of labor per person plus breaks and travel time allowance for a $60/hr union foreman and 3 HS dropout $35/hr union "refuse container installation technicians" to put each trash can out on the corner.

Begrudge a little? Jealous? Those guys probably make a better living than you! :worthy:

Dr. Frasier and Dr. Niles meet Dr. Ramius, your new pompous ass for a brother

Go to: -17:05... Ah, what the heck, watch the whole episode!

:worthy:

Ya, maybe. I would put garbage collectors higher than many would and rightly so. Try living without garbage collection for a couple of weeks.

Sorry all you bitter people... They got you by your spent cabbage!

You missed the point. Entirely.

You missed the point. Entirely.

I sure did!

Why doesn't it make it right? In most case I think it does make it right. Does anyone work any "harder" than anyone else? I would side with the workers that work with their body anyday over the guys with their "brains." They deserve more. And rightly so, they should be making that kind of money. IMO, being a highschool dropout has nothing to do with it. If people don't like it, they have two feet and can change careers.

No need to be bitter and hate on them because they make more and people think that their job isn't as prestigious or they think they are doing something menial.

I sure did!

Why doesn't it make it right? In most case I think it does make it right. Does anyone work any "harder" than anyone else? I would side with the workers that work with their body anyday over the guys with their "brains." They deserve more. And rightly so, they should be making that kind of money. IMO, being a highschool dropout has nothing to do with it. If people don't like it, they have two feet and can change careers.

No need to be bitter and hate on them because they make more and people think that their job isn't as prestigious or they think they are doing something menial.

What I mean was that you've missed his argument. I agree with you that people should be paid for difficult labor, regardless of their resume...but that wasn't his argument. It was that the installation and maintenance of these "solar-powered trash cans" would most likely incur unnecessary upkeep costs (in addition to the fact that anything paid with by state money is typically a joke, i.e. long breaks, and extremely unionized garbage...no pun intended).

I enjoyed your rant though. The hard working American deserves their pay, however I would say that if you look at a large portion of those government jobs you'd be shocked to find just how little of them are hard working.

I enjoyed your rant though. The hard working American deserves their pay, however I would say that if you look at a large portion of those government jobs you'd be shocked to find just how little of them are hard working.

That is purely subjective. Everybody thinks they work harder than the next.

shirley you don't mean 'everybody'?

I mean everybody and please don't call me Shirley.

Even me! :blink:

I am rather busy this morning. So I can't talk alot. You be surprised how many people transit this sh*t ditch on a Sunday morning... Don't they know that there is a recession going on and fuel is high? I had a small runabout go up at 0400 all the way from 3 locks down stream... Asking me if there are any fueling points between here and the lake... Already blew through 75 gallons... Why didn't he just trailer it... :lol::thumbsup: Then after that I put up to the lake 43 bassboats in one pop.

So I am working hard this muggy Sunday Morn.

:blink: