Twitter?

extrahammer

It lets you inform the world of your opinion right now. And since everybody is the most important person in the world in their own minds, the rest of the world has to know your opinion right now

That and it's the trendy thing right now.

It lets you inform the world of your opinion right now. And since everybody is the most important person in the world in their own minds, the rest of the world has to know your opinion right now

That and it's the trendy thing right now.

Yeah but what's the difference between that and a facebook status?

I was back visiting for my reunion last weekend. My mother (83) said she had a chipmunk in her house. She said it was in her kitchen "twittering". I said how could it do that with it's little fingers. All of us laughed and so did my mom. You know what...I think she got it even though she doesn't have a computer. Funny thing is, I don't get it.

Facebook forces you to be more self-centered, a status is generally updated in a 3rd person. Egotistical huh?

Oh. I don't know... I never used Facebook or Twitter... Even though friends and family have urged me too... I find it a gratutitous waste of time... Oh, wait! :cry::worthy: At least here, people post news and it is less LAMPY or gratutitous... ;)

Oh. I don't know... I never used Facebook or Twitter... Even though friends and family have urged me too... I find it a gratutitous waste of time... Oh, wait! <_<:blink: At least here, people post news and it is less LAMPY or gratutitous... :D

My point exactly, facebook forces you to be more LAMPY. But I like it because it does let me stay in touch with friends, etc. I just don't understand the hype with twitter. It's essentially a ripoff of facebook statuses.

big difference is that athletes and other celebrities spend a lot of time with Twitter. A bunch of them use Myspace as well but not many use Facebook...Twitter is something they can use to communicate with fans directly but it doesn't require as much effort on their parts as Facebook and Myspace do

Twitter's value is in the form of news updates. I use twitter to follow stuff important to me, and generally get very solid information from it. I actually linked my twitter account with facebook so it updates facebook, though I don't like facebook and don't use it. In that sense, there isn't a ton of differences.

From my experience, I've found twitter useful (the content on it is strong), while facebook statuses are mainly "is eating an ice cream cone".

i am trying to use twitter as a tool for my job search, as well as trying to keep up to date on industry news as I am not 'in the middle' of it on a day to day basis. I stated in a previous thread about twitter, I had seen a story about best buy having a job posting for a social media related position and one of the 'requirements' was having 250 followers on twittter. I am in the early stages of twitter and am doing my best to keep it to job search related, business news that is relevant to my job search, and a couple of lighthearted items(ie. the onion) so that people get a more rounded view of me. not sure if it is going to be worth my time to stay focused on twitter, but right now...all i have is time, so the jury is still out.

If you use twitter and have some relevance to my field of interest(retail, merchandising, inventory management, supply chain, consumer electronics, etc...please feel free to reach out to me....

I love facebook for non-professional social media...i have gotten and stayed in touch with so many people...it is a pretty cool site for me.

just my 2 cents.....

I've actually gotten a couple of notices that people are following my twitterings. That's very interesting seeing...........

I'VE NEVER !@#$ING POSTED ANYTHING!!!

:P

Isn't that exciting, people are stalking you before you make your first move!