Joel Segal! Misfit agent!

jason268152

Joel Segal is the agent for Michael Vick(convicted felon) and Percy Harvin(drug user coming to a police blotter near you) and our own Aaron Maybin! I think this pretty much means the bills are dealing with some real trash!

I think agents like this are just worried about how much money they can make and nothing else! They don't care if they have to sell there soul to get it!

I would love your opinion on this subject!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joel Segal is the agent for Michael Vick(convicted felon) and Percy Harvin(drug user coming to a police blotter near you) and our own Aaron Maybin! I think this pretty much means the bills are dealing with some real trash!

I think agents like this are just worried about how much money they can make and nothing else! They don't care if they have to sell there soul to get it!

That's their job.

If Stew Barber and others like him had not screwed over so many players because they could, then maybe the players would not have needed such aggressive agents to protect their interests

Its there job to do whats best for there client not there bank account!

Those things go hand-in-hand. I know if I played pro baseball I'd want Scott Boras as my agent, even though he's a slimeball. So what, some agents to a great job. Does it make them horrible as people? I don't know if I'd go that far.

What is best for THEIR (sp) client IS to get the most money... am I missing something here?

No clue. Sports agents are hired to get the best deal for their clients. And I don't think holdouts or complaining to the media exactly involve some kind of soul-selling deal with the devil.

If Joel Segal had hired a hitman to take out Aaron Schobel's knees in order to get Maybin a better deal, that'd be a different story. But I wouldn't say there's any real problem in, you know, waiting to see what the market is before he signs a deal. Annoying, but if Maybin's willing to take the risk, I don't think he's getting bad advice.

In any case, I'm paying to see the guys on the field, not the guy in the owner's box. I'm just as happy that they more money than less. I mean, I don't like it when high salaries make us less competitive, but that's a problem with revenue sharing.

Its there job to do whats best for there client not there bank account!

cant do one without the other. they didnt ruin sports. players hire them. owners listen to them. they all make eachother rich bc we pay for the merchandise. i have no issues with the money atheletes make...but if you want to blame someone, blame everyone who buys jerseys, goes to games, and watches games on tv.

cant do one without the other. they didnt ruin sports. players hire them. owners listen to them. they all make eachother rich bc we pay for the merchandise. i have no issues with the money atheletes make...but if you want to blame someone, blame everyone who buys jerseys, goes to games, and watches games on tv.

Agents are the ones that turned everything into a money issue. The Rookies are holding out and they haven't done anything. I also have a feeling Maybin will be a bust. I wanted Ayers or Orakpo. So maybe I'm biased!

Agents are the ones that turned everything into a money issue. The Rookies are holding out and they haven't done anything. I also have a feeling Maybin will be a bust. I wanted Ayers or Orakpo. So maybe I'm biased!

Society is what has turned everything into a money issue. Man is territorial from way way back to thefirst fish that cam out of the ocean - he who has the biggest tree gets the best mate and has the best chance to procreate and perpetuate his genes. The biggest tree in modern terms, is the most money.

Nothing is going to change that.

Yeah, because Aaron Maybin would be playing for $25,000, but Joel Siegal has him locked in the basement.